Talk

Advanced search

God please tell me what is up with my cat

(10 Posts)
Georgieporgiepuddinandpie Fri 26-May-17 12:09:35

18 mth old Birman. Neutered 2 months ago.

Previously a very placid, quiet, lap cat.

Since she was done she is a nightmare and seems so unhappy. She is massively clingy, follows me everywhere (no exaggeration). If I go out in the car she is waiting when I come back. She is SO loud. Meowing/mewling/talking/yeowing all bloody day. When we are outside she flits between running around like a mad thing and slinking across the floor with her bum in the air (like she's calling) and mewling her head off.

Night time is the worst. If I shut her downstairs she goes mental scratching at the door/clawing the carpet. She's ruined a new carpet in a few weeks.

If I let her come up she wants to come in and basically sit on my head, she's up and down and in and out to the point she's waking the kids up scratching at their doors.

Vet has checked herald found nothing wrong

BertrandRussell Fri 26-May-17 12:11:04

Back to the vet? Does she have a cat flap?

TheCakeScoffer Fri 26-May-17 12:19:09

Dunno, but my 2 shorthairs have gone very clingy as they have got older! They are 13 and 12 and still in great health. They follow me everywhere, even to the toilet and one of them sleeps on the bed. I cannot even turn around without tripping over one of them.

Pain in the frigging arse they are! Hope you find out what the problem is

Georgieporgiepuddinandpie Fri 26-May-17 12:39:03

No cat flap. She uses the downstairs toilet window which has a low ledge outside. She's always used it.

The other thing was her hunting has increased massively. One of the reasons I don't want her in my bed, she dumped a half eaten rat on my quilt whilst I was asleep!

She flits between the kids beds jumping on them and then moving onto the next.

I'm watching her now and she's running round the garden like a loon. She never sleeps anymore!

witwootoodleoo Fri 26-May-17 12:44:42

Possibly this

Georgieporgiepuddinandpie Fri 26-May-17 12:47:53

Wit, that sounds exactly like it!

She's rolling around and slinking everywhere whilst "calling"

Back to the vets she goes!

witwootoodleoo Fri 26-May-17 12:54:43

Ooh I feel like a vet. Except completely unqualified wink

I'd be interested to know what the vet says if you get a chance to update when she's been seen.

Hope it can all be sorted smile

ifonly4 Fri 26-May-17 14:34:16

She's a bit young for it, but being vocal and hyperactive are signs of hyperthyroidism. I'd ask the vet to check her over account and do full bloods just to rule out anything medical.

Auchan Fri 26-May-17 14:41:25

My old girl had that. The first vet butcher who spayed her left a whole ovary behind.

I brought her back to a new vet during one of these episodes as they said it can be difficult to locate any remaining ovarian tissue under normal circumstances but if she's "on season" the tissue will be swollen and more flushed with blood supply but when they opened her up there was a ovary there. The poor little thing had this going on for years.

Toddlerteaplease Fri 26-May-17 17:43:21

My first thought was that they've left a bit behind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now