Talk

Advanced search

Are Webbox Chub rolls any good?

(9 Posts)
TheCunnyFunt Fri 17-May-13 13:22:11

I've just been given a couple by a friend, she said her dogs didn't do well on them. I have a Greyhound with a stomach of steel. Do I bin 'em or feed 'em?

HaveToWearHeels Fri 17-May-13 13:29:06

My dog (Boxer) has these all the time, everything else upsets his tummy and he won't eat complete.

tabulahrasa Fri 17-May-13 13:32:33

They're not a complete food and I suspect they're full of lips and tails, lol...but as an occasional thing it's the equivalent of having a McDonald's. I occasionally use them for stuffing kongs for a change for him.

TheCunnyFunt Fri 17-May-13 13:46:21

Hmmm, well the ingredients say meat and animal 'derivatives' so you could be right there Tabulahrasa. It's only 2 so he can have them then, a bit at a time. Good idea for Kong stuffing though! Have to try that too.

TheCunnyFunt Fri 17-May-13 13:48:06

Actually I might keep one for myself just to squeeze. They're very nice to squeeze aren't they? Soft and squidgy, yet firm.

issey6cats Fri 17-May-13 14:32:32

i once watched a program about animal feed and barbara woodhouse said she always melted down food to see what was in it and when she melted down weebox chub rolls all she got was a pan full of water and some horrid looking grey scum on top, i stopped buying them for my dogs after that

typoqueen Fri 17-May-13 19:28:42

been using them for about a month on our rescue dog , he is a big dog (rottie) and 2 rolls last about 10 days, he has a little mashed up in his complete food, have noticed his poop is now more solid than it used to be, which I think is a good thing and he loves them

Yonididnaedaethat Fri 17-May-13 21:21:52

Chubbs is the only food my 2 dogs eat as soon as I put it down, everything else gets left until I'm guessing they get really hungry hmm but I don't buy them that often as they really do smell rank.

HaveToWearHeels Fri 17-May-13 22:30:27

Yonididnaedaethat we have found that putting them in the fridge the day before stops them stinking quite so much lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now