Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Grace and Frankie is back!

(25 Posts)
EllaHen Sat 25-Mar-17 20:55:01

Season 3 is on Netflix. I love it. Stop me from binge watching the whole darn series in one sitting.

Swearwolf Sat 25-Mar-17 20:59:25

I'm not going to stop you. Dh is out, I've got a glass of wine, nail varnish, kids are in bed and I'm 7 episodes in. And it's GLORIOUS!

EllaHen Sat 25-Mar-17 21:02:25

I'm 3 in, grinning like a goofball and singing 'amen sista!'

It is glorious, isn't it?

tribpot Sat 25-Mar-17 21:09:41

Loving it - I'm on episode 4. I would have watched the entire season today but I had to do a major cleaning extravaganza ahead of my mum visiting tomorrow!

MyGastIsFlabbered Sat 25-Mar-17 21:56:40

I'm in, although I've kind of missed this latest one. I think it's time to switch off for tonight. Love it though...although wtf was that vibrator about?

tribpot Wed 29-Mar-17 19:02:17

Just finished - anyone else? I see on IMDB that they're commissioned for another series next year. Hurrah!

PiesDescalzos Wed 29-Mar-17 21:06:01

I have loved this show from the start! I just love Frankie, she is so good at comedy.

I've finished it trib! Got a little more serious toward end of this season. Is that just me? A little less laugh out loud. I actually had a bit of a cry too blush I think some of it has really resonated with me due to my grandparents.

The opening scene in episode 1 almost killed me!!!

EllaHen Thu 30-Mar-17 18:35:31

I've just finished it too. Oh, it's so poignant. I just love it.

I love Grace the best. I find her funnier than Frankie.

I think it's had some of the funniest one liners ever said in a sitcom. I really do.

Right, I'm going re-watch it from the start I reckon.

Moanranger Thu 30-Mar-17 20:08:44

One of my favourites! Consistently good writing & acting. Jane Fonda has always had a good comic side (anyone remember Barbarella?) Also a stonkingly good actress in general.
Also got a Netflix prompt to watch "Odd Mom Out", also very good.

BigDeskBob Thu 30-Mar-17 20:21:53

I think I'm about half way through this series and loving it too. Jane Fonda is brilliant, I've not seen much of her work before. And i love Brianna and Frankie's friendship.

PiesDescalzos Fri 31-Mar-17 06:08:23

For anyone who is a fan of Lily Tomlin in this I suggest watching a movie called Grandma, it's a hidden gem. Basically a road trip movie where she helps her granddaughter with an unwanted pregnancy.

I had to google Jane Fonda, I didn't know much about her. What a career she's had! I looked up Barbarella but doesn't look my type of movie. If it comes on Netflix I may give it a shot though.

I love Brianna.

EllaHen Fri 31-Mar-17 16:21:02

I've known Jane Fonda since the 80's. My Mum used to have her exercise record. I thought she was an exercise guru, didn't realise she had been an actress.

There's a Jackson Five song that I can still hear her voice chanting her instructions over whenever I hear it. grin

misskelly Fri 31-Mar-17 16:34:43

I love this show so much. If you haven't seen Jane Fonda or Lilly Tomlin in anything before you need to watch 9to5, they are in it together with Dolly Parton. It's a great but much under appreciated film from the 80's.

Fatrascals Thu 13-Apr-17 20:14:06

Anyone still watching?
I've just finished the series and I ❤️ loves it

acornsandnuts Thu 13-Apr-17 20:16:12

I binge watched this last summer as breakfast watching then forgot about it. I'm going to get back and catch up.

ShelaghTurner Thu 13-Apr-17 20:22:16

This is one of only two shows I watch all year. I absolutely love it! Binged on S3 and am now back right at the start. Have never seen 9 to 5 though so might take a break and watch that.

TeaMeBasil Thu 13-Apr-17 20:25:42

Love it so much! I'm pacing myself out on S3 cos if I binge I'll be kicking myself - I'm eeking it out like the last chocolates in the box.

This series is such a treat smile

madamginger Thu 13-Apr-17 20:37:49

I love frankie and grace! I loved Lily Tomlin in the west wing too, she's so funny and I love frankies style.

Purplecarpet Thu 13-Apr-17 21:39:53

Just love it so much. Finished this season and look forward to the next. Jane Fonda is fabulous.

Fatrascals Fri 14-Apr-17 18:43:50

I can't believe I have to wait for the next series.
Will there even be a next series?

I think series 3 is the best of all - they've all warmed up into their characters and the gay men seem to have relaxed into role so that their relationship is actually believable.

I just love it. I'd love to know what 70 + year old women think about it.

Love the 2 women both actresses. It's so refreshing to have older people star and I just imagine they must be delighted.

I used to love Martin Sheen .....

Fatrascals Fri 14-Apr-17 18:46:41

Just getting down en to RTFT and agree with you ellahen
I think it's had some of the funniest one liners ever said in a sitcom. I really do.

In fact, I love you 😘 ellahen for starting this thread and for loving F&G as much as I do

Fatrascals Fri 14-Apr-17 18:59:28

Apocalypse Now and Badlands

NurseButtercup Sun 16-Apr-17 00:27:18

I binged watched season 3 and then went back and re-binge watched season 1+2! Love, Love, Love this show so much and it makes me aspire to be 50% Grace and 50% Frankie in my latter years. So many one liners...the one that almost finished me off was when Frankie called Grace a "dusty bag of elbows" soooo funny. I have to work that line into a conversation asap!!

I have to confess I did have a little cry when Frankie was having the stroke ;-(

Fiderer Sun 16-Apr-17 08:26:27

I really enjoy it, JF got better, 1st series I wasn't that taken with her. Agree that the story line with the men settled in.

Still see him as President Bartlet though.

Lily Tomlin is great, love her as you might have noticed <cough> grin

GoodDayToYou Sun 16-Apr-17 08:29:55

It really is fab! I'm re-watching it all - just love it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now