Talk

Advanced search

The Walking Dead

(224 Posts)
Mumcentreplus Fri 05-Nov-10 22:26:26

Anyone else watching??...accent is pretty good so far grin

moragbellingham Fri 05-Nov-10 22:52:16

It's gruesome. Is it a US version of 28 days later with English actors?
Can't post and watch, just wondered if anyone else was watching too!

moragbellingham Fri 05-Nov-10 22:53:16

Lennie is a brit too.

FrameyMcFrame Fri 05-Nov-10 22:57:43

It's really grotesque...
DP loves Zombies.

Rollergirl1 Fri 05-Nov-10 23:08:52

My DH has all the graphic novels of 'Walking Dead' and loved it. I liked Andrew Lincoln being cast. Wasn't watching properly as mumsnetting but DH fucking loved it. And he's the expert!

WhatWouldMadonnaDo Fri 05-Nov-10 23:19:06

I thought it was really excellent.

Can't wait for the next ep.

UnrequitedSkink Fri 05-Nov-10 23:21:48

I had to leave the room. But thought the none-zombie bits of it were pretty good! Can't see Andrew Lincoln as anything but a Brit though. He just LOOKS British.

FlamingMagnaFlow Fri 05-Nov-10 23:22:01

Well DH loved it - bit gruesome for me but (probably wrong) but IMO it just looked like 28 days. Glad I had MN out tonight

MrsDinky Sat 06-Nov-10 08:46:57

Zombies are so not my thing, but DH was watching it and I was interested to see how AL managed the accent so I watched it and I must say it was excellent. Had to turn my head away a few times though, especially towards the end.

sarah293 Sat 06-Nov-10 10:48:01

Message withdrawn

notyummy Sun 07-Nov-10 10:12:36

We both loved it!

Yes - agree with Riven though. DH was shouting 'do these people know NOTHING?' at the TV!!

roslily Sun 07-Nov-10 15:07:13

So could someone tell me- is it basically 28 days later?

notyummy Sun 07-Nov-10 16:45:49

Yes and no. The premise (man in hopsital wakes up to 'end of the world') is v similar. But I found it more character driven than 28 Days Later (so far). And these zombies don't run! I did enjoy 28 Days Later, but am liking this too.

tullytwo Sun 07-Nov-10 18:36:01

Just wondering what the sexual content is like.Started watching it with my 13 year old who is scared of nothing and then panicked in case it was full of sex etc so can anyone let me know please?

notyummy Sun 07-Nov-10 19:04:52

First episode - one snog. No nakedness/sex. BUT - his best mate ........SPOILER!!! FOR FIRST EPISODE!!!

...is having an affair with his wife, so I guess there is potential for some nooky?

tullytwo Sun 07-Nov-10 23:06:53

Thanks not yummy. Will proceed watching with caution then. He is nagging me to get seeing it! I am bloody terrified.

knottyhair Mon 08-Nov-10 09:35:23

Loved it - was terrified but in a good way! Has made me want to formulate a survival plan. I thought the accents were brilliant. Can't wait for next week.

doings Mon 08-Nov-10 16:14:55

DH gave it a thumbs up. I enjoyed it but have seen it all before and just keep thinking what can they come up with that hasn't already been done.

Surely it's just going to be more of the same - going somewhere, encountering zombies, killing loads and escaping by skin of teeth but always losing one of the group each episode.

Hope I'm wrong and there's new stuff on the way. Am prepared to stick it out to see.

Aviendha Mon 08-Nov-10 16:57:17

Really liked it - I think it has huge potential. We also were shouting at the telly, they should know better, and were they being a bit casual with the blood splatters? They might get infected.

shimmerysilversparkler Tue 09-Nov-10 17:08:17

I thought this was absolutely brilliant. Not like a TV series at all more like a movie.

Andrew Lincoln fab also, I quite forgot he used to be Egg while I was watching, he really was the part imvho.

A bit gory but managed to turn face away during the build up the goriest bits.

LouMacca Sat 13-Nov-10 10:28:35

OMG this is so scary shock

I actually had to hold my DHs hand while watching some of it last night.

Andrew Lincoln is really good - a world away from Egg.

Should be interesting next week when we get to know the characters better. Agree doings its hard to say where its going to go at the moment but hoping its something more original than the usual zombie-fest.

wintera Sat 13-Nov-10 13:14:49

LouMacca - Last night's ep was so intense wasn't it? I had to excuse myself a couple of times and go into our kitchen. Stood at the door for a bit while my Husband told me what was happening. I was also gagging when they were rubbing Zombie innards on themselves too. That bit was so disgusting, it really knocked me sick!

LouMacca Sat 13-Nov-10 17:13:33

wintera - I felt like I didn't want to watch some of it but just had too! Our DD hasn't been sleeping very well recently and I was dreading her walking in while it was on so was feeling a little on edge anyway!

smokinaces Sat 13-Nov-10 19:48:59

just caught up with ep 2 and EUGH. I was heaving at the innards bit, and my god my heart is racing. not sure I have the stomach or stamina for this series!!

wintera Sat 13-Nov-10 21:06:39

smokinaces - I feel the same way as you. I am not sure I can take it either. I was gagging so much watching it last night. And while I can appreciate that it is very well done, what with the tension and the performances etc, I am just not sure I can sit and watch something every week that makes me feel sick to my stomach!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: