Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Something to give hair “grip”

(15 Posts)
HectorAndKiki Sun 11-Feb-18 00:51:21

Just come in from a night out and my hair looks awful! It all flat and floppy 🙁. When I went out earlier it looked ok, put some dry shampoo on the roots to give it lift and then some hairspray on, but during the evening it just goes flat and limp looking. Is there anything that I can use to give it some grip - you know what hair looks and feels like the day after it’s been washed. Mine goes greasy on top and dry and frizzy on the ends next day so I really need to wash it.
It’s really annoying, everyone else’s hair looks thick and in place.

fireflame Sun 11-Feb-18 01:07:00

Buy some hair powder dare2b it's actually root powder small enough to pop in your bag it's bloody amazing! Plenty of lift and height
Have been using it now for about 5 years
Let me know how you get on
And since using this I only have to wash my hair once a week sometimes I let it go longer but hush hush on that bit 🤣

HectorAndKiki Sun 11-Feb-18 20:12:46

Thanks for the reply fire. Is it a white powder? Would it show up on my brow hair do you think?

HectorAndKiki Sun 11-Feb-18 20:13:27

Whoops! Should read “Brown” hair

Loveache Sun 11-Feb-18 20:14:08

Second vote for that powder, it's amazing. It's white but you just rub it in and it doesn't show.

fireflame Sun 11-Feb-18 20:25:21

My hair is dark and doesn't show
Best hair product I ever bought 🙊

purplecorkheart Sun 11-Feb-18 20:32:45

Salt sea spray? I am not sure what it does but I have super fine hair and am often told it will help to give my hair more grip and texture.

statetrooperstacey Sun 11-Feb-18 20:55:50

Another vote for hair powder. It looks white but goes on clear.
You can 'reactivate' it by just scrunching the roots . It's brilliant, and it's cheap!

HectorAndKiki Mon 12-Feb-18 21:16:59

Thanks everyone, I’ve bought some of the powder today. I’ll give a whirl tomorrow!

fireflame Mon 12-Feb-18 21:18:56

Why hey good luck hope it works for you wink

thefirstmrsrochester Mon 12-Feb-18 21:24:51

Can you post the link this hair powder....can only find something called dare2b. So fed up of lank hair. Thanks in advance smile

fireflame Mon 12-Feb-18 21:45:16

There are several different ones but dare2b is what I use also many members of family and my grandson and his friends 👍😀

peachypetite Mon 12-Feb-18 21:46:16

Davines sea salt is amazing

missrabbit23 Mon 12-Feb-18 21:59:43

Back comb and hair spray do it from underneath so u can't c your hair has been backcombed

GingerLDN Wed 14-Feb-18 00:59:39

Redken Quick Tease Spray

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: