Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help - jersey dress for everyday wear

(27 Posts)
NewPantsforaNewYear Sat 14-Jan-17 23:10:13

I seem to have suddenly reached that 'nothing to wear' stage. (Could have been too many mince pies)

I'd really like another dress similar to this one I have from Mistral (which is about the only thing that fits at the moment).

I'd like something under £40, in a mainly cotton jersey, in a size 16. This is a slightly A line shift dress. I'm a definite pear, so nothing too clingy.

Can anyone help?

I'm shopping tomorrow so high st stores please, or something I can get online.

NewPantsforaNewYear Mon 16-Jan-17 16:49:13

I couldn't find anything in the shops. Has anyone seen anything online?

Whenwillwe3meetagain Mon 16-Jan-17 17:03:48

Have a look at Baukjen and Great Plains both have sales at the mo. phase 8 worth a look too and monsoon?

Jointhejoyrun75 Mon 16-Jan-17 17:28:37

Also Debenhams Mantaray do good jersey dresses in cotton.

fruityb Mon 16-Jan-17 17:35:08

Another for Mantaray. I love their dresses though they do come up a little big on me

NewPantsforaNewYear Mon 16-Jan-17 22:32:32

Great suggestions. Thanks.

Baukjen is too clingy for me but all the others have been good for me in the past. Unfortunately, I've had a look through what there is online and I can't see anything.

I've reached the trawling through ebay stage but nothing is jumping out at me there either.

It looks as if it'll have to be dog-walking jeans or evening wear until I lose some weight again.

Canofpeas Mon 16-Jan-17 23:04:07

Have you tried white stuff? They often have patterned dresses in that style

NewPantsforaNewYear Mon 16-Jan-17 23:39:58

Yes, tried White Stuff too, in store and online. I did see one dress I quite liked but they only had an 8 and I can't see it online.

FranHastings Tue 17-Jan-17 00:31:38

What about Seasalt?

Imamouseduh Tue 17-Jan-17 07:11:33

Esprit worth a look.

NewPantsforaNewYear Tue 17-Jan-17 09:05:32

Had a quick skim of Seasalt but will have a proper look.
Esprit is a good call. Never think of them but have had a couple of nice things from there in the past.
Thanks everyone!

Weebleswobbles Tue 17-Jan-17 12:43:48

A mmetter on another S&B thread suggested this http://www.jdclondon.com/all_dresses.html

NewPantsforaNewYear Tue 17-Jan-17 15:11:56

I've not heard of those Weebles. They're a bit more than I want to spend at the moment but will remember them for when I'm feeling a little more trim.

SirChenjin Tue 17-Jan-17 15:16:52

How about Uniqlo? www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/clothing/uq/dressesandtunics/women/

Laiste Wed 18-Jan-17 07:18:36

How about Amazon OP? It's important to read the reviews to make a choice re:size and quality but i have got some lovely bits and pieces which have survived wash after wash for £20 or under. Loads of shapes, sizes and prices here.

www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_12?url=search-alias%3Dclothing&field-keywords=jersey+dresses+for+women&sprefix=jersey+dress%2Cclothing%2C179&crid=1GT43UDIHWDPM

NewPantsforaNewYear Wed 18-Jan-17 08:32:50

Oh more good ideas. I'll have a look at both of those too. Thanks.

knowler Wed 18-Jan-17 12:51:26

I'd second Seasalt, but for something of a slightly different style, try Jaeger Outlet. they do quite a few jersey dresses and should have size 16s. it's good quality and looks a bit different from some of the more high street stuff.

LiefieLiefie Wed 18-Jan-17 13:04:49

Zalando have a fair few.

bearsnumberonefan Wed 18-Jan-17 19:16:37

I have this one from boden. I didn't want to like it and planned to return it but it is so flattering and comfy. I'm a size 14-16 and also pear shaped

Tamsworth17 Wed 18-Jan-17 19:21:01

I have one from Glamour Empire - in Laiste's link to the amazon page. It fits nicely and doesn`t make me look pregnant (some in that shape do) but it`s viscose, not sure if you want that.

goose1964 Wed 18-Jan-17 19:41:09

Warning on Amazon I bought a cheap but OK dress but they removed my review because I pointed out it was a different shape to the one in the picture

Lucked Wed 18-Jan-17 19:48:28

This Boden one

rollonthesummer Wed 18-Jan-17 19:54:18

I love that last dress! It has pockets; I love dresses with pockets!

Superwomaninmysparetime Wed 18-Jan-17 23:41:05

Some of the Joe Brown dresses and long tunic tops are ace..and there's a sale on top!!! grin

NewPantsforaNewYear Thu 26-Jan-17 12:16:01

Thanks to everyone for their recommendations. I feel like I've looked at every possible jersey dress, couldn't find quite what I was after (or at a price I could afford) and was beginning to think I'd have to wait until all the new spring stock arrived.

However, I spotted this in Sainsbury's yesterday and I'm delighted with it. It's really soft, easy to wear, has pockets smile and was only £18.

I see online it says it's a top but I'm a short-arse and I bought it in a size 20, as I didn't want anything at all clingy, so it comes to 2-3 inches above my knee. So pleased with it; I put it on as soon as I got home.

(It is a LOT nicer than it looks in that photo!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now