Talk

Advanced search

Swimsuits - long body and supportive.

(8 Posts)
CallarMorvern Thu 10-Nov-16 04:03:19

I'm struggling to find a swimsuit to fit properly. I'm 5'10, 14-16, 34e and have a very long torso. Everything just seems to be too short or doesn't support my bust or looks too matronly. I have an Aqua Sphere size 40 which is wearable though not the comfiest, but their nicest cossies only go up to 40. I don't like M&S' s offerings and I've tried a couple of Speedos which seemed to vary wildly in size and fit, which is a problem as I have to buy online.

It also needs to be sporty, not a fashion cossie ( for proper swimming not lounging) and under £35.
I'd be grateful for any suggestions?

CrazyGreyhoundLady Thu 10-Nov-16 04:21:35

No suggestions I'm afraid just bookmarking as I have the same problem. Haven't been swimming in an age because I can't buy a cozzie.

BikeRunSki Thu 10-Nov-16 04:29:29

You're me, but a couple of inches taller!! I have posted pretty much exactly the same post in the past. I'm 5'8" but I have the back of someone who is 6' (my bike is a custom build frame, I have all sorts of body stats like that from the frame builder).

Anyway, this is what I've found
Speedo legsuit in a size up or your "upper" size of you are between 2 is plenty long enough but boob support is not brilliant. It's ok though. I have one, which is ok, my tall 5'11", busty, channel swimming friend has several. She's a 16/18!and wears an 18.

Speedo clipback provides excellent support and is long enough in a 16. This is my current fave.

Lands End do a long body suit, but I am
Not keen on the scoop back. I had one a few years ago with a racer back and it was by far the best swimsuit I have ever had (I've swum regularly all my life).

This and this and this from Long Tall Sally could be worth a try, but check the reviews.

I have also experimented with tankinis, but don't like them for length swimming and just get a gap where the top and bottom don't meet.

CallarMorvern Thu 10-Nov-16 05:09:43

Thanks for the in-depth reply BikeRunSki smile
Of those I like the look of the Speedo clipback best. Might give that one a try.

I like the LE one in purple, but the scoopback makes me a bit nervous, my back is scarred and although I'm happy with mist back designs, having a totally open back with no straps makes me feel a bit exposed.

I like the colourblock LTS, but the reviews put me off, tbh I've never had a huge amount of success with LTS. Strangely clothes seem to be longer these days and I haven't had to resort to them for years.

Funny you should mention bikes. I have trouble there too! Currently have a 21" mtb, which is really too big for me, but anything else gives me backache. Have since learned that I could get a smaller frame and use a handlebar extender to increase the reach so my back doesn't feel stooped.

trixymalixy Thu 10-Nov-16 05:25:13

Also place marking. Although I'm looking for something a bit less sporty looking.

sphinxster Thu 10-Nov-16 05:49:21

Belle-lingerie online shop stock bra sized swimwear. I got a very pretty red halter neck swimsuit that has a long torso (5'9").

dreamingofsun Thu 10-Nov-16 08:58:09

boden have some in the sale.....though you might have to look a few times before your size comes into stock. i've got a lovely halter neck with boning.

citykat Thu 10-Nov-16 10:06:14

Figleaves.com have an amazing array, across pricecranges and free returns. I have specific cozzie requirements and have always found something there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now