Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a good bra for wide-set, splayed breasts, please?

(22 Posts)
kittensandgin Thu 09-Jun-16 11:10:34

Most bras seem to either gape at the top or the wires dig into my sides. Plunge type bras seem to work best but none of the bras I have are anything close to a perfect fit. I would be very grateful if someone could point me to a style or brand that's worth looking into!

slug Thu 09-Jun-16 12:05:07

Try Curvy Kate. I was plagued with the underarm wire dig before I discovered that brand.

SayAGreatBigThankyou Thu 09-Jun-16 13:14:32

matalan balconettes, lepel fiore balconettes, fantaisie balconettes (bikini)

karalime Thu 09-Jun-16 13:17:35

Freya deco, the only bra that gives me a cleavage!

kittensandgin Thu 09-Jun-16 13:48:22

Thank you for your suggestions so far!

Curvy Kate and the Fantasie balconettes unfortunately only start at a D cup which is usually a little too big for me (gaping at the top) but may still give them a shot.

Ordering the Freya DECO now!

TheDisreputableDog Thu 09-Jun-16 14:08:22

Cleo by Panache give me a great shape and you can often pick them up on Amazon

leedy Thu 09-Jun-16 14:18:57

Seconding Cleo bras, I have shallow, wide-rooted, fairly wide-set boobs (I have literally one bra that gives me cleavage and it's practically scaffolding) and Cleo Maddie and Koko are my go-to everyday bras - Maddie is a moulded balconette and Koko is a moulded plunge. I get a bit of gaping in some Freya Deco models but no gape at all in Koko. Great shape under clothes too.

If you feel like literally setting fire to all your money and sitting at home in a pile of lovely fancy silk bras, Mimi Holliday Super Plunge and moulded styles also work very well on me.

LadyAntonella Thu 09-Jun-16 14:21:18

The Freya deco is a great bra. I have two and love them.

leedy Thu 09-Jun-16 14:23:27

Be aware that NOT ALL DECOS ARE THE SAME. The standard Deco gapes on me, the Deco Vibe doesn't gape but is very tight in the band, the Deco Charm fits absolutely perfectly. Annoying.

LadyAntonella Thu 09-Jun-16 14:29:46

Oooooh that's good to know leedy! Both of mine are nice but have no idea which version of deco they are.

SayAGreatBigThankyou Thu 09-Jun-16 14:32:19

<adds Cleo Maddie to list>

rubybleu Thu 09-Jun-16 14:35:50

Cleo Panache is my everyday bra. I think the cup sizes run a bit small, I wear a 28E but most bras I'm 28DD/30E. My boobs would sit in my armpits if I let them - I know your pain!

My #1 "omg I didn't know my boobs could look like that" bra is Cleo Darcy which has been sadly discontinued but if you can find one on eBay, they are amazing for our shape.

CelticPromise Thu 09-Jun-16 14:38:29

Have you measured with the mumsnet method?

leedy Thu 09-Jun-16 14:46:12

I have a Darcy! It has flamingos on it and pleases me greatly. I think it's a patterned version of the Juna, which I wasn't mad about just because it has slightly flappy lace at the top of the cups. Good fit otherwise, though.

This one is good as well:
www.bravissimo.com/products/sale/lingerie/sensational-sets/jolie-bra/charcoal/cl140cha/

leedy Thu 09-Jun-16 14:46:50

Oh, and having linked to Bravissimo, their slightly padded half cups work on me too.

Terramirabilis Thu 09-Jun-16 17:06:00

I wear Natori which is great but I don't know if it's available outside the US.

Yup, Cleo Darcy is the same bra as Juna. There's also a few older versions which might still pop up on ebay/discount websites:

www.bratabase.com/browse/cleo/juna-balconnet-bra-6461/related/

kittensandgin Thu 09-Jun-16 22:16:18

Celtic, yes, according to bra intervention I should be a 32C which does fit a lot better than the 34/36B I used to wear before measuring properly. I have tried on a few bras in a 30D as well but the band was ridiculously tight and the cups were too large / gaped massively at the top. I think it's probably more of a shape than size problem right now.

Dog, leedy, ruby, Challenged thank you, the Cleo bras sound really good! Will check out the Maddie, Koko and Juna and report back in a couple of days. The smaller cup sizes seem slightly more difficult to get hold of, so will have to either order from a few different sites or try them on in store.
I also ordered a Freya Deco bra earlier before reading that there are different ones. Just checked which one I bought - Deco Charm, yay!

leedy, the Mimi Holliday bras are gorgeous! Sadly I'm a bit fat right now so will hold out until I've managed to lose the weight and treat myself then.

Terra, thank you, I will keep Natori in mind for my next trip to the US!

Lots of great advice from the women of MN as always, thank you very much everyone!

CelticPromise Thu 09-Jun-16 22:46:34

Cool always worth checking smile It's definitely worth looking around on eBay and Amazon for cheapie bras, especially discontinued colours and Brastop is also a good source.

leedy Fri 10-Jun-16 10:30:43

Yes, there's quite a few new with tags Cleos on Ebay at the moment from outlet sellers, they are v good value.

If you're going for Ebay discontinued ones, you could also try the Cleo Neve, it's very similar to the Koko. It does, however, have a weirdly tight band so you'll probably need to size up (and down in the cup letter accordingly as the cups are true to size). I'm a 32DD or E in most Cleos and I'm a 34D in Neve.

rubybleu Fri 10-Jun-16 16:29:26

I've have to admit I've bought and tried Neve and it did not work at all for my wide, full at bottom boobs as it didn't bring them
forward/projected.

For me a balcony style seems to be the best for coaxing them back around to project forwards.

I get along with Juna but as someone said the lace at the top is a tad flappy. Still worth a try though.

leedy Sat 11-Jun-16 04:15:54

Ah really, I get on fine with Neve, gives me quite a nice shape (I am wearing one now), though perhaps not as forward-facing as a balconette. Perhaps my boobs are not quite as terminally in my armpits as I thought they were...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now