Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Finally, a sleb fragrance that doesn't smell like pish!

(17 Posts)
DiorSausage Tue 01-Dec-15 11:54:38

To me anyway.

Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights. I know, I know I can see you rolling your eyes but it's seriously beautiful.

Definitely a scent for a woman rather than a girl. The inital spray is quite scary but as soon as that dissipates? Oh my. Oakmoss, patchouli, amber, musk. It's dark and dank and sexy and mysterious. No sweetness, no fruit (just how I like my fragrances). It's like laying on the ground wearing a velvet cape in a mossy wood at dusk.

If you love heady orientals then you'd be mad not to try it. I got it for £9.99 on AllBeauty. Sillage is incredible too, it lasts forever.

i've got it as well and it really is fabulous. not at all like every other sleb fragrance ive ever tried. i do like some fruit, sometimes but i find 99.9% of celebrity fragrances too sickly, too sweet and often bubblegum like. they strike me as being more for the younger contingent rather than 'proper' perfumes which fancy nights is. it's especially fab because it's cheap enough to not be shy about using it

squoosh Tue 01-Dec-15 13:12:18

Fancy Nights.

grin grin grin

Conjures up an image of being wined and dined by a George Hamilton lookalike while Richard Clayderman tinkles on the ivories.

The only celeb scent I like is SJP's Lovely which I adore. I'll sniff Fancy Nights when I get a chance. Would have to lie if anyone asked me what I was wearing though. I can just about say 'Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker' without wincing but 'Fancy Nights by Jessica Simpson' would be a bridge too far.

DiorSausage Tue 01-Dec-15 14:15:55

I know squoosh grin

I'd be mortified to tell anyone what it was. At least SJP has proper fashion credentials! I'm going to say it's Tom Ford if anyone asks. Or Creed.

OneNight glad to find another fan! I'm sitting here sniffing myself compulsively. They drydown is much more safe than I expected it to be but it's so warm and comforting, very reminiscent of Hypnotic Poison which is another staple of mine.

I enjoy this one too. Be careful not to get it on clothing or you're sniffing those scary top notes allll day.

You might like Queen by Queen Latifah too, it's by the same 'nose' I believe.

squoosh Tue 01-Dec-15 16:52:27

'I'm going to say it's Tom Ford if anyone asks. Or Creed.'

grin

That will certainly get you lots of approving nods!

Loads of people are closet fans of Britney Spears' perfumes too. All these people creeping around drenched in shameful (yet lovely) celebrity scents.

FrustratedFrugal Tue 01-Dec-15 17:05:41

Squoosh grin

DiorSausage Tue 01-Dec-15 17:12:04

grin

I've had a read about Queen and it definitely sounds worth a sniff. I'm a bit concerned about all the cake comparisons and the inclusion of cognac but for a tenner I reckon it's worth the risk.

I know that there are a few celebrity perfumes that even the snobbiest perfume sites rate. Rihanna Rebel Fleur I think and one of Katy Perry's too (Killer Queen?) and yep good old Britney but hers are all too sweet for me.

I used to absolutely hate patchouli (made me think of hippy stands at festivals) but now I love it. Apparently papyrus is the opening note in Fancy Nights but I'm buggered if I know what papyrus smells like confused.

ThatsNotMyRabbit Tue 01-Dec-15 17:26:17

Ooh I'll try that.

I saw the Britney one recommended on here and tried it but it's sickly sweet. A lot of perfumes seem to be these days. All very Vera Wang Princessy. Ugh.

I love SJP "Lovely" - it's almost identical to Narciso Rodriguez's one.

squoosh Tue 01-Dec-15 17:29:52

I bought some of that Narciso perfume because I thought it would be a more socially acceptable version of Lovely. But I still preferred SJP's.

LetGoOrBeDragged Tue 01-Dec-15 19:03:05

Be careful with the SJP Lovely one. On some people it smells like cat's piss. I bought it blind on the recommendation of MN, got a mahoosive bottle on sale and it stank.

I do not learn my lesson though - I find myself tempted by the Jessica Simpson one!

The Britney Spears in the pink bottle is gorgeous, but very sweet.

LetGoOrBeDragged Tue 01-Dec-15 19:03:42

Does anyone remember SJPs 'Covet'. That was nice.

TheSpottedZebra Tue 01-Dec-15 19:04:41

The original JLo Glow (Glo?) is genuinely really really good too. A very clean fragrance.

Want2bSupermum Tue 01-Dec-15 19:23:28

Jessica Simpson also put her name on some nice clothes and shoes. I was shocked but honestly they are good quality and affordable. Some of the shoes I have had from her range were extremely comfortable heels.

IjonTichy Tue 01-Dec-15 19:29:51

I love Covet! It's really hard to track down these days, I'm going to the States in a month and am going too see if I can find it there. I also love Glow by Jlo. I'm intrigued by this Fancy Nights, but I'd certainly never tell anyone I was wearing it grin.

PrimalLass Tue 01-Dec-15 20:04:18

Joop Femme is my favourite ever perfume. I have been wearing it for over 20 years. It is just so damn sexy.

PrimalLass Tue 01-Dec-15 20:05:08

Oops, pressed 'post' too soon. It sounds quite like the Jessica Simpson one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now