Talk

Advanced search

What are Mumsnetters buying this week? Find out with our weekly Swears By email

Thanks! You're now subscribed to Mumsnet Swears By

Please enter a valid email address

i NEED to tell you about aloe vera and stretchmarks....

(24 Posts)
spookerv1xen Sat 23-Oct-10 11:55:46

....my mum gave me some aloe vera gel last week (its pure aloe vera gel in a tube from holland and barrett) and i have been using it all over every day for the last few days, and i SWEAR it has reduced the stretchmarks on my tummy shock

they are still there but they have definitely improved.

just wanted to tell you all!!

brimfull Sat 23-Oct-10 11:58:04

how old are your stretch marks?

spookerv1xen Sat 23-Oct-10 12:01:56

they are from both my kids combined. so the oldest stretchmarks are nearly 5 years old and the newest are from dd born last may.

i tried bio oil, spent a bloody fortune on it but it did nothing.

suburbophobe Sat 23-Oct-10 12:06:11

aloe vera is brilliant stuff for the skin, also good for sunburn, I have a couple of plants that I snip off a leaf, break it open and rub the gel into my skin.

bananapeanutbutter Sat 23-Oct-10 22:25:10

Interesting thanks. Can we get an update in a couple of months time?

LadyFantastic Sun 24-Oct-10 11:05:58

Hmm do they sell Aloe Vera in Boots I wonder?

meg89 Sun 24-Oct-10 15:57:24

the best,and most pure aloe vera is ones where the first ingredient on the list is the aloe vera.. Whatever is listed first on the ingredients is what there is most of. Some have alot of other things and very little aloe vera. I always use it on holiday but have never tried it on stretch marks so would be interested to see if it helps as i have them in abundance!!

spookerv1xen Sun 24-Oct-10 17:20:00

yeah i will keep using it banana and come back to you all.

it has improved the look of my belly button as well as that was quite stretched from the pregnancies and i swear it looks tighter.

ladyfantastic they do have it in boots but its more expensive.

CMOTdibbler Sun 24-Oct-10 18:23:11

Just buy an aloe plant, then you will be able to keep growing your own for no more money. My mum uses it on her eczema, and just grows it on the windowsill

spookerv1xen Mon 25-Oct-10 09:44:20

can you use it straight from the plant then cmot ?

ProfessorLaytonIsMyZombieSlave Mon 25-Oct-10 09:53:45

Yes, you just break off a leaf and squeeze it out.

Angelinamaguire Mon 25-Oct-10 10:45:13

wow. if this works then i wish id discovered it even before pregnancy!! i look like a tube map lol!!

xxxx

spookerv1xen Mon 25-Oct-10 11:29:51

its definitely worked for me angelina - give it a try. i am not saying it will get rid of them (nothing can bar surgery sadly ) but for me it has definitely improved them.

Naetha Mon 25-Oct-10 16:47:28

Ooh I may give this a try - I have a tube of gel in the cupboard from ages ago. Nothing else has worked on my crepe paper tummy, so here's hoping!

How often do you apply? And do you have to keep on using it for stretchmarks to stay away?

spookerv1xen Mon 25-Oct-10 17:10:48

i have only used it once a day, but you can apply it as often as you want i think. i think its helped that "crepey" look as well. dunno if you need to keep using it, but i intend to i have been using it for about a week i think now.

spookerv1xen Wed 27-Oct-10 10:10:48

ok now my tummy is looking even better shock

i could (and would) wear a bikini now. i am not exaggerating, i am actually amazed.

Rannaldini Wed 27-Oct-10 10:52:10

watching with stretched interest

a friend has just had her gut lasered to be rid of the marks and am also watching her with interest
stalker emoticon

BerryLellooooooooooow Wed 27-Oct-10 10:54:28

Ooh I may try this, we have loads of the stuff here as it's the only thing that sorts out DP's disintegrating feet (boak).

spookerv1xen Wed 27-Oct-10 15:39:38

oooh come back and tell us if your friends laser treatment worked rannaldini

berry - disintegrating feet???? <shudder>

BerryLellooooooooooow Wed 27-Oct-10 16:49:59

yep, they look so manky I can't touch them! It's just bad athlete's foot really, but he mostly wears trainers for work and they don't help.

The Aloe Pura brand is what we have, from independent chemist/healthfood shops

geraldinetheluckygoat Wed 27-Oct-10 22:17:50

ooooooh I have a tube of thsi upstairs I got for ds's itchy skin.....am going to go and slap some on now....has anyone else tried it yet?

BerryLellooooooooooow Thu 28-Oct-10 08:26:09

Well I put some on last night <looks under top>

No miracle yet!

spookerv1xen Thu 28-Oct-10 15:33:32

give it a chance! lol

miajacob098 Tue 18-Dec-18 09:23:32

From where you get it?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: