Talk

Advanced search

I have a hole in my shoulder (photo)

(8 Posts)
cjt110 Thu 04-Aug-16 11:28:26

The skin tag I had was around the size of a pea. The hole left on my shoulder is big enough for me to put my finger tip in!

Absolutely gutted as it will likely leave a big scar I should think. Whilst I expected a scar, I wasn't told that a) there would be any scarring but I think this as a given and B) I most certainly didn't expect it to be so huge!

The tag has now come away. There was a scab/skin which I have pulled away. There was yellow pus which I squeezed out, followed by blood. Would you go back and see the Dr to get it checked? It's now a week since I had it done.

peaceloveandtwirlywoos Thu 04-Aug-16 11:40:21

I think I'd have left the scab alone until it had finished healing. If it is open, then yes go back and see a nurse to see if it needs a bandage. Sounds grim! Pus certainly sounds like it might have been infected.

cjt110 Thu 04-Aug-16 11:49:04

It's been grim since the beginning! sad

cjt110 Thu 04-Aug-16 11:59:08

Yuck sad

LifeIsGoodish Thu 04-Aug-16 12:21:19

Difficult to see because it's out of focus, but I think that needs moist healing.

Is it hollow or flattish? If hollow (or hot or swollen) I'd go back to the GP surgery, make an appointment with the nurse for a wound check/dressing. If flattish and no sign of infection then I would buy hydrocolloid dressings from Boots and follow instructions.

LifeIsGoodish Thu 04-Aug-16 12:21:33

And don't pick!

QueenJuggler Thu 04-Aug-16 12:47:21

That looks infected to me - go back to GP

cjt110 Fri 05-Aug-16 09:38:33

Apparently not infected - the hole is where the nasty stuff came out and was completely out. Dr said it's actually healing quite nicely. Can update with a new photo if required grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now