Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA form - recorded, special or just trust?

(16 Posts)
Galena Mon 25-Jul-11 14:44:42

How should I send it back? Recorded delivery, Special delivery or just trust the post and send it back in the freepost envelope?

After all the hours I put into it I don't want it to get lost (I have got a copy, but even so!)

2shoes Mon 25-Jul-11 14:46:27

i did it special next day delivery, seemed worth it after all the time it took to fill in

drivemecrazy63 Mon 25-Jul-11 14:50:32

I go with that would be terrible to have to re do it but i also copied the whole form just in case.

choclily Mon 25-Jul-11 14:51:15

i just used the envelope i got with it and crossed my fingers, they send you a letter letting you know they have received it. Royal mail can loose special and recorded just as easily as normal

littlefirefly Mon 25-Jul-11 15:02:14

Definitely worth sending recorded. Special delivery costs more than recorded and I'm not sure it's worth paying the extra, it's usually used for more valuable items.

I've known families who have lost out because DWP claimed to not receive it, even if you kept a copy you'd have to fill out the form again and you wouldn't get it backdated to the original application.

choclily Mon 25-Jul-11 15:04:29

i never thought of that, just thought i got a copy so not the end of the world if lost, i was very lucky it got to them ok

drivemecrazy63 Mon 25-Jul-11 15:21:33

I have ds and DH disabled so used to sending them never had a prob and atm there incredibly quick so good luck

Lougle Mon 25-Jul-11 15:22:53

I always send next day special delivery. Such a relief to see the signature of the person who took delivery. No wriggle room.

Galena Mon 25-Jul-11 16:22:28

Right, recorded or special it is then. Will send it tomorrow.

starfishmummy Mon 25-Jul-11 17:23:13

I've never had a problem with normal post, but I do copy it (although that is mainly so I can refer back to the form at renewal time).

alowVera Mon 25-Jul-11 17:28:44

I Photocopy first, then send recorded / signed for.

Tiggles Mon 25-Jul-11 20:30:39

I sent mine special - use the envelope that they provided and it is cheaper as they take off the amount that the DLA office have already paid on the envelope, if that makes sense.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Mon 25-Jul-11 21:00:49

Don't forget to copy it. The time until filling in the next one just whizzes by!

Galena Tue 26-Jul-11 18:13:25

Copied and sent recorded. Now just to wait... and wait... and...

Galena Mon 01-Aug-11 11:10:24

Oh for heaven's sake! I posted it on the 26th, and have been religiously checking my reference number on Royal Mail, waiting for it to say 'delivered'. It hasn't.

I phoned them today - spent about 10 minutes on hold, but the upshot of it is that the form arrived at DWP on the 28th! Bloody Royal Mail!

Now to carry on waiting.

steelev48 Tue 02-Aug-11 17:01:03

Good luck.

I sent mine by first class post (I wasn't sent an envelope) and had a decision within 2 weeks of sending it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now