Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

'Hide' threads not working?

(23 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

FadedRed Wed 16-Aug-17 11:51:35

Is Hide threads not working? I've clicked on Hide several times, and the thread disappears, but when I go back to the 'Active' threads page, they've reappeared. This has been happening for the past couple of days.

BoreOfWhabylon Wed 16-Aug-17 12:11:15

Yep. Me too

FadedRed Wed 16-Aug-17 14:49:28

Anyone else?
MNHQ - any comment?
T'is a small thing, I know, but irritating.

ShesNoNormanPace Wed 16-Aug-17 15:06:40

Me too. Stuff I've hidden on mobile is still visible on mobile and pc, and vv. Die, damn you grin

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 16-Aug-17 15:38:25

Thanks, all.

We're really sorry about this - we're struggling to replicate.

Tech is aware and they've been looking. We'll post as soon as we know more.

flowers

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 16-Aug-17 16:28:28

Hello again!

Just popping in to say tech has managed to replicate this and will be releasing a fix soon (we can't put a time frame on it but shouldn't take too long).

AttentionSeekingFantasist Wed 16-Aug-17 16:30:17

Brilliant, thanks Lorna!

FadedRed Wed 16-Aug-17 18:39:35

Thank you Lorna.

ShesNoNormanPace Wed 16-Aug-17 21:06:15

Any idea when it'll be done? 97% of my active convos are threads I've already hidden.

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 17-Aug-17 09:23:32

Hi ShesNoNormanPace,

We don't have a time frame at the moment (we don't want to make any promises) but we hope it won't be too long!

Sorry for the inconvenience here, folks.

ShesNoNormanPace Fri 18-Aug-17 18:52:41

Is it (still) just me?

BoreOfWhabylon Fri 18-Aug-17 20:43:03

Not just you, no. Still can't hide threads and topics I've hidden still showing on active.

ShesNoNormanPace Sat 19-Aug-17 11:31:08

Oh it's driving me mad. I open up Active, I whizz through and hide everything I don't want to know about/don't care about/think is bollocks/am not interested in/don't watch and then read the rest. Except now it's all swinging and GoT hmm

Earlybird Sat 19-Aug-17 14:38:09

I'm still having this problem too, and as a result, haven't looked at Active Discussions much for the last week.

I wondered if the issue was due to hiding hundreds (thousands?) of threads over the years, and the system had reached capacity for me on 'Threads I'm Hiding'.

Hope it is fixed soon.

CrochetBelle Sat 19-Aug-17 21:22:00

Any update on this? My 'manage hidden threads' is a bunch of threads I've never heard of, never mind actively hidden (I don't even view the forums most of those threads are from!)

I always thought MN had a decent platform that could provide a fairly personalised experience for people, but this latest screw up is a bit shit. Does no-one keep backups that can be reverted back to if a change in coding doesn't work to plan?

ALemonyPea Sat 19-Aug-17 22:21:29

Still not working for me either. Annoying seeing hate same ones pop up that I don't want to see.

ShesNoNormanPace Sun 20-Aug-17 19:24:55

Earlybird my list is extensive, and I've just had a look and there are more recent threads on it than very old ones. Even one from today.

FadedRed Mon 21-Aug-17 12:04:53

Sorry to keep asking but any idea when this is going to be fixed MNHQ?

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 21-Aug-17 15:21:27

Hi folks,

This issue should now be fixed and hidden threads should stay hidden.

Is this the case or is anyone experiencing something else?

Many thanks for your patience here.

BoreOfWhabylon Mon 21-Aug-17 16:55:15

Mine seems ok now. Thanks LornaMN

FadedRed Tue 22-Aug-17 16:19:59

Yes, all seems to be working now, thank you Lorna.

Earlybird Tue 05-Sep-17 14:07:59

The 'hide thread' function seems to be malfunctioning again. Threads I've hidden are still visible in Active Conversations.

Would be great if a solution could be found as I've dramatically reduced visits to Mumsnet until this issue is resolved. (That may be why I've had a particularly productive few weeks! grin

Earlybird Sat 16-Sep-17 16:42:53

'Hide Threads' function still not working for me. It has been this way for weeks now.

Are others having this problem too?
Is there a solution?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now