Talk

Advanced search

You patronising fucking bitch....

(256 Posts)
hopingtobedally Tue 04-Aug-20 23:21:08

If a male who was meant to love you came out with this ....what would you think?

OP’s posts: |
pandafunfactory Tue 04-Aug-20 23:22:12

That the relationship was over but at least I'd really got under the bastard's skin.

2155User Tue 04-Aug-20 23:22:21

I wouldn’t even allow my brain space or time to think. He would be gone.

SirSamuelVimesBlackboardMonito Tue 04-Aug-20 23:23:21

I would think 'bye'.

MonkeyToesOfDoom Tue 04-Aug-20 23:23:37

Is the woman being a patronising bitch?

Of a woman called a man a fucking dickhead when he was being a dickhead is that okay?

Context is key and knee jerk reactions from people that weren't there are unlikely.to help clarify anything.

HollowTalk Tue 04-Aug-20 23:23:51

I'd think:

- this is what he actually believes (no matter how much he protests he didn't mean it later, when he's dumped)
- he's believed this for a long time
- he hates women.

I'd dump him as soon as the words were out of his mouth.

Smidge001 Tue 04-Aug-20 23:25:39

I would think the woman had just been extremely patronising to him, and that it must be a regular occurance for him to get so sweary about it.

BlessYourCottonSocks Tue 04-Aug-20 23:25:46

I'd be done.

No one who spoke to me like that would be in my life any longer.

unstableunicorn Tue 04-Aug-20 23:28:00

That he's a wanker who can go fuck himself. But I agree with Monkey that it depends on context

sadpapercourtesan Tue 04-Aug-20 23:28:28

My DH might, conceivably, lose his rag and raise his voice at me if we had a really serious argument - both under huge pressure, such as when we were dealing with a dangerously ill child and a dying parent at the same time and then ran out of money, for example. I might do the same. I cant remember the last time it actually happened, but we're not robots and either of us could snap, I guess.

I do know that he would never, ever, call me a fucking bitch, though. Because he doesn't have a core-deep hatred and contempt, for me or for women generally.

Spanglebangle Tue 04-Aug-20 23:28:32

Depends why he said it, situation, tone, context. Much more info needed.

Finfintytint Tue 04-Aug-20 23:29:23

I would think that the man ( if it is a man) uses derogatory terms to describe a woman firstly and that his privilege is being challenged and is making him very uncomfortable. Good.

Fatted Tue 04-Aug-20 23:31:13

I'd need to know the rest of the context.

I'm guessing he didn't just randomly say it when he got home from work this evening, did he?

Stella8686 Tue 04-Aug-20 23:35:45

You hurt his ego
He has responded in an ugly way
Depends if you overstepped the mark or if he's always secretly viewed you this way

VacMan Tue 04-Aug-20 23:39:32

pandafunfactory

That the relationship was over but at least I'd really got under the bastard's skin.

Agree. At this stage to be called that, there wouldn't be much love lost.

june2007 Tue 04-Aug-20 23:42:49

Why did he say that? It,s not a nice thing to say but what was the reason. Can,t jusdge by one comment. If your not happy leave.

brastrapbroken Tue 04-Aug-20 23:44:11

Context?

Moonshinemisses Tue 04-Aug-20 23:49:33

Context is everything. I have said ' Don't patronise me you fucking dickhead' to my husband when he has been patronising me. That's within a good, respectful happy marriage. We both apologise at some point & move on. How is your relationship generally op?.

PurpleDaisies Tue 04-Aug-20 23:51:12

Tone and context is important, but it’s hard to see how that’s excusable.

SleepingStandingUp Tue 04-Aug-20 23:52:11

Well some context is needed. No it isn't ok to say that BUT what was said before hand?

mellowww Tue 04-Aug-20 23:53:43

I would immediately hate him and want him gone.

What?!!! Omg. Never ever have sex with him again. No option.

mellowww Tue 04-Aug-20 23:54:29

But yes why did he say that??

hopingtobedally Wed 05-Aug-20 00:05:08

When challenging a complete contradiction he had just said for instance (not what was actually said) 'I want to be with you forever' and in the next breathe 'this will never work'
My reply 'oh here we go again'

OP’s posts: |
PurpleDaisies Wed 05-Aug-20 00:06:00

It sounds like your relationship isn’t in a great place, regardless of whether this was an acceptable comment. I’m guessing it isn’t a one off?

agonyauntie2020 Wed 05-Aug-20 00:06:07

Context is everything. I can be a patronizing bitch myself sometimes, I know it, DH knows it. But he can be a useless bastard. We all have different levels of comfort in what we give/take?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in