Talk

Advanced search

Berkhamsted Primary Schools

(4 Posts)
ItchyFeet16 Fri 03-Feb-17 18:54:37

I'm looking for up to date feedback on Berkhamsted primary schools. Can anyone help? We are in the process of looking at rental properties so it's pretty urgent. We are checking out one tomorrow that is close to the station (Station Road). I'm told it's in the catchment for Victoria but I think that school finishes in year 4 and I need a Year 5 place for my daughter. I am looking for a Year 2 place for my son too. According to the Herts Schools website there are no Year 2 places available at any of the Berkhamsted schools. We will be viewing a couple of other rentals on the High Street and Northchurch too. Grateful for any feedback on good or iffy schools. Thanks!

Zodlebud Sat 04-Feb-17 13:53:27

Victoria School feeds onto The Thomas Coram School for the remainder of their time at primary. They join the children from Swing Gate up there. Schools which go all the way through are Greenway, Westfield, Bridgewater, St Mary's and Thomas Moore. I can honestly, hand on heart, say that all the schools in Berkhamsted are excellent so going to the only one with places really won't be an issue (other than location vs your house). Schools to aim for if they end up at different ones would be Victoria / Swing Gate / Thomas Coram, Greenway and Thomas Moore (they are right next to each other), Westfield and Bridgewater, with St Mary's being in Northchurch.

Parking on Station Road really isn't great so you might want to factor that in if you end up at a school further away.

Loueytb3 Wed 08-Mar-17 10:51:36

How are you getting on Itchyfeet? We are in a similar situation - moving to Berkhamsted in the summer and need places in yr 2 and 6 for September. I would really like to get them in the same school but it may be impossible. I can't work out whether we would be able to take a place at a faith school if there are vacancies, even though we wouldn't meet the faith criteria.

Zodlebud Wed 08-Mar-17 16:29:40

You would be able to take places at the faith schools if spaces are available. All of the faith schools in Berkhamsted have children who are of different or no religion attending, although admittedly most reception classes are full of those who do meet the faith criteria. As you need places higher up the school then you might get lucky.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: