Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

7 weeks pregnant and bleeding

(12 Posts)
xMrsMx Fri 17-Mar-17 07:54:27

Hi. So im 7 weeks and 1 day pregnant with my 1st. I have now been bleeding for 10 days with period pains...nothing heavy certainly not enough to fill a pad just notice when I wipe but its been getting more and more. Had a scan 7 days ago and saw heart beat and all was fine. On monday I had wierd pains, they were like shooting pains only last a few seconds up my lady parts but not deep ( if that makes sense) they weren't horrific pains but were uncomfortable. I've woke up today and felt the blood come out as I stood up. Its now red not brown. Its slowed down now.im moving about but is deffo heavier than it was but still not as heavy as a period and its deffo changed colour to a browny red....im so sorry for tmi but am worried sick and cant stop crying. Im still trstomg positive and am also still getting morning sickness ( or worry sickness) has anyone else had this and been okxx

Mama1980 Fri 17-Mar-17 07:59:54

Hi I'm so sorry you're experiencing this, what did they say Monday? Do you have a EPU to call? I would do that this morning if the bleeding changed.
I'm always so worried about giving false hope on threads unfortunately no one can know for sure but fwiw as you asked I bled to the point of haemorrhage with both of mine and they were fine, so bleeding doesn't necessarily mean a miscarriage but i would definitely call your EPU.
I wish you all the best.

NaturWilde Fri 17-Mar-17 08:00:02

That's so hard! Please take care and ring your Midwife/EPU immediately.

I did bleed around the time my period was due for the first 4 months. And it was always ok.

But only your EPU/Midwife can help at this stage.

Chickoletta Fri 17-Mar-17 08:10:51

Ring your midwife and ask to see her. Lots of women do bleed a little bit in early pregnancy but it's worth getting checked out.

xMrsMx Fri 17-Mar-17 14:52:14

Thank you. I rang them and luckily they had a free appointment today so have scanned me and the heart beat is still there. She said she could see a bleed/tear but apparently its nothing to be too concerned about....Thanks so much for your advice smile

NaturWilde Fri 17-Mar-17 16:58:00

Oh thank goodness!

I also had a bleed site very close to where the embryo implanted. Gave birth to a very healthy 10lb baby 42 weeks later!

cosytoaster Fri 17-Mar-17 17:03:53

Good news - I bled throughout the whole of the first trimester with ds1 - he's 18 now!

Chickoletta Fri 17-Mar-17 18:07:24

Great news!

Mama1980 Fri 17-Mar-17 18:08:21

Great news smile

countingdown2gin Fri 17-Mar-17 18:09:04

So glad it's good news. Fwiw I bled on and off (like you described) from 5 weeks to 13 weeks and had several scans. Just keep focussing on that heart beat smile

xMrsMx Sat 18-Mar-17 11:58:28

Thank you so much. I will keep focused on that . Really appreciate your replies its comforting to know others had the same and went on to have healthy babies x

PancakesAndMapleSyrup Sun 19-Mar-17 18:18:24

Op im currently 21 weeks preggo and bled up until 18 weeks. Ive also had 3 haemmorages in that time due to somthing called subchorionic bleeds. Very very sore tummy and pains. It can still work when you bleed abd statistically you have an even lower chance of miscarriage once a strong heartbeat has been found. Good luck and try to stay positive its not easy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now