Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How long to process a Maternity allowance claim??

(5 Posts)
Kimmie30 Fri 12-Aug-11 11:03:20

Hey peeps,

Just wondering how long it takes for Maternity allowance to be process. I am 28 weeks and sent my claim form off on Tues (9th Aug) and they should start paying it from the 14th Aug. I have heard that some people are waiting up to 16 weeks for it to come through though!! I hope mine does'nt take that long as i am poor poor poor sad

Big loves xxx

MsChanandlerBong Fri 12-Aug-11 12:28:53

I was warned it would take 4 weeks or so... but it only took 2 weeks (total, not working days) from me sending off the form to having the money in my bank. They will back date it aswell...

wolfcubEm83 Fri 12-Aug-11 15:34:59

Yep, took about ten days. That was in June.
Congrats by the way.. Dont forget to do lots of sleeping and deciding to go out at the drop of a hat on your maternity leave as you wont be doing much of either of those soon!! x

nannyl Fri 12-Aug-11 16:14:44

mine went through in about June i think

i sent the form off so dated it one day early (by mistake) it was sent back (as it was) and i had to sign and re-date it again... (got it back about 3 weeks after i 1st signed it)
so sent it off again and all was processed in less than 2 weeks

Kimmie30 Fri 12-Aug-11 19:00:42

Thank you for the replies :-) I rang them today but they said they had'nt recieved my claim yet. I said i had sent it recorded delivery on Tues 9th but sge said it can often take 7/10 days for them to recieve it then up to 3 wks to process it. So i am guessing it must go to a central office first and then passed through?? I sent it to Wrexham with the address the claim form gave me. Will feel better when i know they have recieved it. Especially seeing as it has orginal wage slips and mat b1 form. Hate the worry of no pennies and have heard some terrible stories of people having their forms lost and not getting money through for weeks xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now