Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Clexane users: when did you stop?

(14 Posts)
ALittleLemonTwist Sat 08-Jan-11 16:59:12

Hi ladies

I am currently 9+5 after 3 mcs and on 40mg daily clexane injections and low dose aspirin. I've had tests done and the only thing that came up is the possibility of lupus although this was inconclusive. My doctor has recommended stopping the clexane at 12 weeks but I'm very nervous about stopping as (in my mind) it is clearly helping this little one stick. After doing a bit of research, it seems many women stop their injections a lot later into their pregnancies. So I was just wondering if anyone stopped their injections after the first trimester and everything turned out ok??

midori1999 Sat 08-Jan-11 17:17:11

When you say Lupus, do you mean SLE or APS? I have APS but may also have SLE but that is a different test and they haven't done it yet.

I'm on low dose asprin and 60mg clexane once daily. I would have been on the clexane throughout and after pregnancy anyway due to pulmonary emboli in a previous pregnancy, but was still on it twice daily (no asprin) when I had my last miscarriage. That may be because the cause of the miscarriage was unrelated to my APS or because clexane without asprin wasn't enough for me.

Anyway (I am long winded, sorry!) I will be on clexane throughout this pregnancy and as far as I know asprin too, although it seems they may review that if I have bleeding etc although I had a small amount of bleeding at 9 weeks and they kept me on it.

Are they talking about stopping the clexane but not the asprin?

ALittleLemonTwist Sat 08-Jan-11 17:29:25

I think it's APS (I've not heard of SLE before). They would like me to stop both clexane and aspirin at the same time although to be honest they have been a bit vague about it. I think I need to call the clinic next week to get some clarification.

I this pregnancy is going well for you midori99 smile

Julezboo Sat 08-Jan-11 17:31:57

I am on 20 mg clexane and 75mg aspirin. My aspirin stops monday (35 weeks) and Clexane stops at 36 weeks. But I need to go back on clexane for 6 weeks after the birth.

I have factor V leiden and have previously had a stroke when I was 20

FrostyPhlebas Sat 08-Jan-11 17:34:59

24 hours before delivery (c-section at 38 weeks). That's for APLS, aspirin stops 48 hrs before delivery.

DancingCat Sat 08-Jan-11 18:07:53

I have APS with presenting symptoms of mini-strokes (not miscarriages) and am on 50mg clexane 2x daily and 75mg 1x daily - I'm booked for ELCS next Friday at 38+5. I have to miss my clexane on the Thursday evening and Friday morning, and then straight back on after the section. I have the take the aspirin right up to the section.
Good luck smile

DancingCat Sat 08-Jan-11 18:11:14

Sorry, that's 75mg aspirin 1x daily smile

ALittleLemonTwist Sat 08-Jan-11 19:31:09

Thanks for your replies ladies. Perhaps the reason why I've been told to stop earlier is because my tests haven't shown a definitive answer to my miscarriages.

TRACEYE Sun 09-Jan-11 10:30:36

hello, im new to this only joined today after just finding out im pregnant
I have suffered 2 miscarriages in the last 16 months and I am now on clexane 40mg a day as I was confirmed with suffering from a condition called MTHFR! To do with the flow of blood to the featus????
It is my 3rd injection today and they sting when you inject the fluid and I am starting to bruise now too.
How is anyone else finding them?

ThatScrotumCat Sun 09-Jan-11 22:03:50

I`m on 40mg clexane plus 75mg aspirin daily (along with other meds) & will continue until 36 or 37 weeks as I did with my first pregnancy.

MummaHG Sun 09-Jan-11 22:09:28

Hi, I was taking clexane from 11 weeks pregnant until 6 weeks after birth. Mine was due to a blood clot though thats why I was on it so long. Good luck with your pregnancy

TRACEYE Mon 10-Jan-11 22:57:11

thanks its nice to know. The nurse said to me when she talked me through the injections that it was a common thing but i wondered what other circumstances people were dealing with. Got a scan at 6 wks next week and then will be starting on asprin too ...

justmee Fri 02-Sep-11 14:11:15

Hi guys i just wanted to know if anyone can help me my doctor has advised me to come off clexane @ 39 weeks my other doctor said 36 weeks i am now 37 weeks still taken it and im really scared to come off it ? will something happen to my baby if i do come off it .its not been shown as to why i suffered 3 misscarriages my doctor basicaly tried the injections and if they worked they did if they didnt they didnt thank god they did but now all im worrying is its going to end in disastar and ill loose my baby :S...iv heard of people staying on them till after birth im also worrying that ill stop them get a blood clot and die :S hope someone can help its driving me mad :S (ps i live abroad so doctors are very different here compared to uk )

xxxxx

justmee Sun 04-Sep-11 06:13:50

anyone ??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now