Talk

Advanced search

I would LOVE a conversation with an adult!

(57 Posts)
EdMalarkey Sat 30-Sep-17 19:54:14

Hello all,
I'm Ed and I've spent the last 48 hours or so engaged solely in conversation with my two (very beautiful,interesting and imaginative,obviously) children and now that they're back with their Mum - my ex wife - I find my mind is at once grinding to a halt whilst preparing to launch into an adult conversation it's not been able to have! Oh,all those ideas and observations that have popped-up these last couple of days but have had no outlet...
...but I've no-one to have a conversation with! I live on my own and,in truth,my friends all live a long way from here and are inclined to busy lives.

So,is there anyone on here who fancies a chat awhile through the evening? 😊 On here or I have kik and whatsapp if that's easier.
A bit about me? I'm Ed,I'm 39 and in damn good shape,ha! I am divorced and,contrary to the preconceived ideas of some who stalk mumsnet,I'm NOT actually to blame for that despite being a Man!
I'm a decent guy,I think. I'm just lonely,I suppose.

Anyway,it'd be awesome to have some contact,if anyone here is feeling the same way.

Ed

MyBrilliantDisguise Sat 30-Sep-17 19:55:38

Ed, why don't you go on a dating site?

Msqueen33 Sat 30-Sep-17 19:56:33

You might be better in chatπŸ™‚ But hello anyways. Have you thought about joining meet ups? Do you have any hobbies that might get you out and about? You'll probably find a lot of us who are bored and a little lonely on a Saturday night.

isthistoonosy Sat 30-Sep-17 19:56:55

Happy to chat, provided you know this is not a dating site.

New ghostbusters or old?

EdMalarkey Sat 30-Sep-17 20:00:46

The original,of course! The re-boot was pointless. As a child of the 80s I was never going to get with the new one: it'd be like re-making "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"! Oh my,no...

EdMalarkey Sat 30-Sep-17 20:03:44

MyBrilliantDisguise: because I'm not looking for a date.

Msqueen33: I did put this in the chat section too,mainly because I wasn't sure WHERE to put it,but thanks for the tip. I do have hobbies,I get out a lot - it's just that most of my time is spent not able to not actually have conversations with people - at least,ones that aren't about work or childcare arrangements...

EdMalarkey Sat 30-Sep-17 20:05:03

*"not able to actually have" that should have been. Apologies for the confusing double negative.

PhantomBlooper Sat 30-Sep-17 20:07:20

Hi Ed,

I'm curled up on the sofa watching strictly laid up with a cold.

Happy to chat

whirlyswirly Sat 30-Sep-17 20:42:17

Slightly relevant aside - I remember a time when my sister and I watched ferris bueller's day off at least once a week. That was shortly before the top gun phase. Haven't seen either film since. smile

EdMalarkey Sat 30-Sep-17 20:44:47

That was time well spent! But that's because both films are clearly awesome,if for very different reasons πŸ˜„

isthistoonosy Sat 30-Sep-17 20:47:20

Me and ny flat mates at uni use to watch fear and loathing in lads Vegas every weekend but some how i still have no idea what it is about confused

whirlyswirly Sat 30-Sep-17 20:52:28

Yes, we were like that at uni with reservoir dogs and pulp fiction. All I can really remember are the soundtracks, I could never fully understand Tarantino films

Allyg1185 Sat 30-Sep-17 20:58:25

Hello I'll chat. Slightly younger 32, and don't like either ghostbusters lol

EdMalarkey Sat 30-Sep-17 20:58:35

You didn't understand "Fear and Loathing..."? Hey,don't feel bad: nor did Hunter S. Thompson and he was there at the time! πŸ˜„

WheresMyTaco Sat 30-Sep-17 21:01:13

all those ideas and observations that have popped-up these last couple of days but have had no outlet...
I was literally just wishing there was a man ( in good shape) to tell me all of his ideas and observations that he had pent up.

Women love that shit. Please. Talk at us Ed.

Bubbleyagain Sat 30-Sep-17 21:08:29

Women love that shit. Please. Talk at us Ed.
gringrin

Somerville Sat 30-Sep-17 21:14:20

I can't believe the other-Ed-thread was deleted. shock
It was going so much better than this one. <cackles>

IhaveapenIhavepineapple Sat 30-Sep-17 21:16:48

Somerville maybe we should just start on this one grin

Somerville Sat 30-Sep-17 21:21:21

^ WheresMyTaco already did grin

IhaveapenIhavepineapple Sat 30-Sep-17 21:25:04

gringrin

LilaoftheGreenwood Sat 30-Sep-17 21:26:48

Oh THIS looks like fun grin

IhaveapenIhavepineapple Sat 30-Sep-17 21:29:43

Ed why are you suggesting Kik and WhatsApp?

GoingRogue Sat 30-Sep-17 21:31:43

Hi Ed, now you have your outlet, what's on your mind Poppet?

ParkheadParadise Sat 30-Sep-17 21:37:16

Ed probably busy, replying to all the PM'S he's receivedgringrin

WheresMyTaco Sat 30-Sep-17 21:39:10

( . )( . )
. ) . (
.( Y )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now