Talk

Advanced search

Page 2 | To clap my hands and skip about in a elephantine manner?

(518 Posts)
DisgraceToTheYChromosome Thu 15-Jun-17 23:11:21

I'm going to be a grandfather! Woo hoo! They haven't tuppence to rub together, so there'll be 3 generations under one roof. Still, DD is doing well after the throwing stopped, he's working all the hours God sends, and with luck I shall see New Person into their teens, as opposed to my DF who got less than 7 years of DGF hood. Wish us luck.

OP’s posts: |
Pollydonia Fri 16-Jun-17 08:06:32

flowers congratulations smile

MorrisZapp Fri 16-Jun-17 08:09:18

Aw that's lovely news! I'm slightly jealous of my wee sis who had these years with my parents as in-house support staff when her DD came along. The DD is now a glowering goth with frankly terrifying eyebrows but her grandparents are still her absolute favourite people. Get in now, use dirty tactics such as providing birthday cake for breakfast. You can't go wrong.

Rossigigi Fri 16-Jun-17 08:10:24

Congratulations!!!

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Fri 16-Jun-17 10:04:38

Ooh ta everyone. This time around, I shall remember not get newsprint on the baby while it's sleeping on my chest.

Later, there will be sandcastles to build, raspberry blowing contests, and pointing at stuff with sticks found in hedges. Can't wait grin

Cadenza1818 Fri 16-Jun-17 10:06:39

Awww what a nice post! Congratulations! Enjoy grin

Boredboredboredboredbored Fri 16-Jun-17 10:09:59

Ah how lovely. My dc ADORE their Grandad, many congratulations 😊

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 16-Jun-17 14:31:51

Don't forget. You need a special Grandpa skill.

Mine's was taking out splinters completely painlessly. He was long gone by the time DD arrived. She comes to me with her splinters now because she knows that my Grandpa taught me to take them out. I hope she tells her children about it.

Thanks for making me think about my Gramps, OP. sad but also smile

Orlandointhewilderness Fri 16-Jun-17 14:37:07

Ah awesome! Congratulations op!

snowpony Fri 16-Jun-17 21:33:52

What a wonderful post. You've cheered my day up immensely!

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Thu 24-Aug-17 23:44:41

There may be news by tomorrow, Wish them luck.

justilou1 Fri 25-Aug-17 10:10:53

What a magical thread! Congratulations, Granddad!!! Your little grandkid is one lucky baby!

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Sun 27-Aug-17 21:02:42

He's here! Woo hoo!

Racingraccoons Sun 27-Aug-17 21:13:33

Massive congratulations x

larry55 Sun 27-Aug-17 21:29:51

Congratulations to you all. My dgs is now nearly five weeks old and he is the best thing to have happened in a long time. My DH is absolutely besotted with him and we are very fortunate that they only live half a mile away. Dh has to have a cuddle every couple of days or he gets withdrawal symptoms.

Make the most of your little one.

jeaux90 Sun 27-Aug-17 21:33:02

Wonderful news. Congratulations x

SeashellHoarder Sun 27-Aug-17 21:33:27

Congratulations!

MammaTJ Sun 27-Aug-17 21:38:32

Congratulations!!

I am a grandmother, but my DD is married to a man who has a family with the ability to buy a house for them to rent from.

I do not get to look after my DGC in the way that you will. I do get almost daily factimes and a day a week with DD and DGD though, so cannot complain too much.

Being a grandparent is the best thing ever!! You get to love them and spoil them and play with them, and they love you back but you do not have the total responsibility for them weighing you down!

RWBY Sun 27-Aug-17 21:38:42

Congratulations! I wish I'd had a grandfather like you grin

chips4teaplease Sun 27-Aug-17 21:42:48

Many congratulations! There's a lot more clapping and skipping about to come. flowers

Actually, I'm in tears here at the joy of it. My dgd is nearly six years old. It's a wonderful, wonderful experience to be a grandparent and you are so lucky to have them with you.

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Sun 27-Aug-17 21:47:05

Congratulations bear

Feelingprettycrapaboutthings Sun 27-Aug-17 21:49:00

Congratulations! May he bring you much joy. Also, utterly fantastic title.

Pollypudding Sun 27-Aug-17 21:49:55

Congratulations on your wonderful news. Wish I lived closer to my DS and DIL who will be having a baby later this year. Enjoy every minute! flowers

nothruroad Sun 27-Aug-17 22:07:18

Congratulations! I never had a grandfather and sadly my DC don't either. I think it must be a very special relationship. Enjoy every minute!

Beadieeye Sun 27-Aug-17 22:21:53

How lovely, congratulations to you all flowers

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Sun 27-Aug-17 23:42:48

He has tiny silky little feet, and he goes meep. DD did very well, her waters broke early this morning, went in at 1630 and he was here by half five. I had a lovely cuddle during which I may have licked his nose.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in