Page 2 | I'm getting sick and tired of dinosaurs being forced on our children

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

CADministry Fri 06-Feb-15 19:48:27

I'm really concerned about dinosaurs, and I think something needs to be done. The science behind them is pretty flimsy, and I for one do not want my children being taught lies. Did you know that nobody had even heard of dinosaurs before the 1800s, when they were invented by curio-hungry Victorians?

Charles Darwin's later theory of evolution entirely disproved dinosaurs, yet the dinosaur lie was twisted and adapted to try to make it fit. Any proper look at the facts will reveal that dinosaurs simply never existed.

Aside from the educational aspect, dinosaurs are a very bad example for children. At my children's school, several children were left in tears after one of their classmates (who had evidently been exposed to dinosaurs), became bestially-minded and ran around the classroom roaring and pretending to be a dinosaur. Then he bit three children on the face. One poor girl has been left with a severely dented nose and the whole class was left traumatised by this horrible display.

Nothing about dinosaurs is suitable for children, from their total lack of family values through to their non-existence from any serious scientific point of view.

Recently my sister foolishly gave my two youngest some dinosaurs toys for Christmas. After telling her to get out of my house I burnt the dinosaurs. My children were delighted because they know that dinosaurs are evil. I am fortunate that my family has been very supportive, and has disowned my children's former aunt.

Please, do what you can to get dinosaurs taken off the curriculum. Our school has been recently presented with a 214-signature petition, and following that and our recent protest the headmaster has said that he will take it the governors. We are lucky that he is so sympathetic to our cause, but I fear that others may not be.

If you would like to lend your support to our campaign, we have a Facebook group where we spread facts and research about the dinosaur myth. Hope to see you there! :-)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/nonexistingdinosaur/

OP’s posts: |
FeckTheMagicDragon Fri 06-Feb-15 19:56:51

But what about Barney? Will nobody think of Barney???!

gamerchick Fri 06-Feb-15 19:56:55

I can't tell if you're serious or not hmm

Naicecuppatea Fri 06-Feb-15 19:57:04

Eh? hmm

NerrSnerr Fri 06-Feb-15 19:57:14

I used to work with a man who honestly believed that scientists spent their weekends burying fake dinosaur fossils to prove evolution.

He was bonkers.

NickAngel Fri 06-Feb-15 19:57:35

And the mermaids can feck off too.

CADministry Fri 06-Feb-15 19:57:41

Yes, yes, very funny.

I used to believe in dinosaurs. We all did. We were all raised on the dinosaur lie, and so we don't question it. I'm used to getting amused reactions at first, and then I'm equally used to people learning a bit about the facts themself and coming to the obvious realisation that they've been fed a fraud.

As for the skeletons, Madcatgirl, you'll find that not one of them is made of bone, and none has ever been found complete. In some cases the 'bones' have been entirely fabricated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bone_Wars for instance), and in many other cases creatures have been misidentified, often intentionally.

Bear in mind that the fossils dug out of the ground are usually flattened and pulled out of shape. The final forms of the 'dinosaurs' is based on conjecture and imagination.

OP’s posts: |

Advertisement

EatShitDerek Fri 06-Feb-15 19:57:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SecretNutellaFix Fri 06-Feb-15 19:57:45

Good joke OP.

WestEast Fri 06-Feb-15 19:58:01

You'll be after banning unicorns next.

Snapespotions Fri 06-Feb-15 19:58:23

I'm sure this was intended as a humorous thread. You can tell from the way it is written...no?

fattymcfatfat Fri 06-Feb-15 19:58:24

eatshit i told my ds that if he thinks hes having a rubbish day then just imagine a t-rex making a bed....random giggles every now and then over it are awesome!

MuttonCadet Fri 06-Feb-15 19:58:33

Oh bless

NorwaySpruce Fri 06-Feb-15 19:58:49

Poor auld Dippy. sad

You're one of those freaky whale supporters, aren't you OP?

You do believe in whales, right? grin

imnotwhoyouthinkiam Fri 06-Feb-15 19:58:58

This is a joke right?

My boys are Dino mad. And my 13 month old nephew roars whenever he sees me. Wr think because he always plays with dinosaurs at my house. I'm starting to think I might teach him to call me Auntie Dino

enjoyingscience Fri 06-Feb-15 19:59:00

<ignores most of the crazy>

Actually, there is evidence that dinosaurs had quite good family values, and nurtured their young in groups. One's even been named for this - Maiasaura (good mother lizard).

Well done on getting 214 other like minded crazy people to sign your petition. I'm sure governors will wet their pants laughing take everything you say on board.

Arkkorox Fri 06-Feb-15 19:59:20

itsiswhatitiswhatitis agree with barney being a cuntyfucker.

Also joining Derek on teamtrex.

You can't pick on him, his arms aren't long enough to have a wank. You would be pissed off and eat other dinos too. Poor T-Rex

brokencrayons Fri 06-Feb-15 19:59:32

OMFG.

gamerchick Fri 06-Feb-15 19:59:55

You're serious? Jesus christ give your head a wobble man.

ChristWalk2009 Fri 06-Feb-15 20:00:45

CADministry I completely understand where you are coming from. After my pastor spent a Sunday discussing about the dinosaur lie I began to do my own research. Being a Doctor who occasionally teaches at the local university I have access to many great resources. It didnt take long to figure it out, it's all one big lie! I have already disposed of all my sons dinosaur toys and have made my home a dino free environment.

It is nice to see that I am not along. Bless you!
Dr. Carla Siemens

MrsCakesPrecognition Fri 06-Feb-15 20:01:05

Faced with a dino-denier presenting me with a frothing petition in the school playground, I'd probably sign too while checking out my escape route

mumof6needssanity Fri 06-Feb-15 20:01:07

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Baddz Fri 06-Feb-15 20:01:10

Cad....do you drive?
If so...what is it exactly you think you are putting in your petrol tank?
Unicorn shit?

fattymcfatfat Fri 06-Feb-15 20:01:58

this is hilarious. ..and it seems I was right about the papier mache hahahahagrin grin grin grin grin

NickAngel Fri 06-Feb-15 20:02:11

Evidence about dinosaurs being good families???
What?!
How can there be evidence about that?!

Methe Fri 06-Feb-15 20:02:17

grin Derek!

This thread is not accepting new messages.