Talk

Advanced search

help with how to use oven pride please

(29 Posts)
StealthPolarBear Tue 29-Jun-10 21:42:22

-place racks in bag
-pour in solution (how much?), seal and soak (what does this mean? Do I put the sealed bag in water?)

Help please! Thanks

StealthPolarBear Tue 29-Jun-10 21:43:49

and how long do I leave it, overnight??
Think I might write to them and suggest they clarify

StealthPolarBear Tue 29-Jun-10 21:46:47

bumpp

Olihan Tue 29-Jun-10 21:54:00

Put racks inside bag.

Pour in half the bottle of 'stuff' (if you are a slattern like me you may need the whole bottle).

Seal the bag, squeezing out as much air as possible.

Turn bag over and round so 'stuff' coats it all.

Stand bag up, fold over top.

Tilt by 90 degrees so on side and fold other side, trying to keep 'stuff' in main part, not folded bits.

Lie bag down on draining board NOT something you don't want to wreck.

Leave for few hours, overnight is fine if particularly minging but turn over part way through.

Open bag WEARING GLOVES.

Remove racks, rinse vvvv carefully, outside under garden tap/with hose is easiest.

Wipe down each bar to make sure all 'stuff' removed

Leave to dry

Admire sparkling clean racks.

(I think there are more detailed instructions on the actual bag - the box isn't very clear).

StealthPolarBear Tue 29-Jun-10 21:57:32

thx

BooBooChicken Tue 29-Jun-10 21:57:47

it brought my blaaaack oven racks back to life like lazarus (only shiny and silver). i left it overnight and did several shake and recoat jigs.

i heart oven pride grin

nbee84 Tue 29-Jun-10 21:59:33

Fantastic stuff grin

StealthPolarBear Tue 29-Jun-10 22:01:13

what happens if you do touch it? just a bit of it dripped on my arm....so far it's still attached

CokeFan Tue 29-Jun-10 22:01:21

<digs out Oven Pride box from under sink where it has languished for some time>

There's further instructions on the plastic bag in the box - about half the solution is the answer to your question. The instructions are quite detailed though. If you haven't got the bag then you haven't got all the kit.

StealthPolarBear Tue 29-Jun-10 22:03:39

I hadfn't noticed the bag [b;lush]
what kind of stupid cleaning product has some instructions on the box, some on the bag and some on the bottle?
This had better be good!

frankenfanny Tue 29-Jun-10 22:04:35

Ooooo spooky.
I just did my oven today with this.

Yes, pour in half if you want to do inside oven as well, or whole bottle if really minging.

Try to remove as much air as poss then seal bag. Hold it flat and wiggle around till rack all coated. Fold over the top any extra bag so maximise coverage. Leave on safe surface for 2 hours.

Remove by unsealing bag and wiggling it down the vertical rack, so you don't have to reach in. Wash with soap n water.

If you want to do inside oven you need a sponge. Pour some of the goo in the bottle onto the floor of the oven. Use sponge to dab over back n sides of oven. Do this back to front to avoid getting goo on hair/arms. May need to do this a few x. .Finish with inside door and leave for 4 hrs/overnight. Rinse with water or soap n water, I needed to do this several x but my oven was disgusting.

Olihan Tue 29-Jun-10 22:06:14

Give it a good rinse under the tap with cold water, it does sting a bit if you leave it.

I did have to <snort> at the instruction that says you use half the bottle for the racks and half the bottle on the oven.

Yeah, right, like half a bottle is going to clean my oven when it's only been cleaned once a few times in the 18 months since I bought it.

Lakeland do a good oven cleaner that's similar, paint it on, leave it for a bit, wipe it off. Job done.

frankenfanny Tue 29-Jun-10 22:06:43

It is good. I got shiny racks. Can rinse of drips with water. dispose of excess down sink.

Am going to buy another packet.

StealthPolarBear Tue 29-Jun-10 22:14:30

well so far the racks are looking shiney
and the inside of the oven is loking black with the potential to be shiney
woo hoo
can do the door with jif - less toxic and can do it when the DCs are around. As well as the grill pan which is foul but fits in the sink so can be soaked and scrubbed

DreamTeamGirl Tue 29-Jun-10 23:31:14

I rinse my racks in the shower as outside tap is a bit rubbish

Oven Pride is awesome

StealthPolarBear Wed 30-Jun-10 08:20:10

well racks rinsed, look gleaming
off to clean the inside of the oven now - not sure how I'm going to do that without getting it over the floor

DreamTeamGirl Wed 30-Jun-10 14:41:06

Bit late now, but I split a black sack open, then tonnes of newspaper down on top and get cleaning. Then ypou can just fold it all in and throw away

How does it look??

StealthPolarBear Wed 30-Jun-10 15:22:28

shiney & new

StealthPolarBear Thu 01-Jul-10 11:30:18

I keep turning the light on in the oven to admire how clean it is!

DreamTeamGirl Thu 01-Jul-10 14:42:05

smile
I know what you mean- its amazing how good it is considering how cheap it is and how easy! Must redo my shelves actually

StealthPolarBear Thu 01-Jul-10 16:26:34

about to use it for the first time since cleaning it ... it's so shiney and gleaming

varicoseveined Thu 01-Jul-10 21:47:51

Is it good for oven glass doors then? Mine looks a bit grim blush. This thread is giving me hope!

StealthPolarBear Fri 02-Jul-10 08:44:18

erm... it's OK I think but I'd try jif first. But with the shelves and the oven bottom I can scrub and scrub and still have it only marginally better - this stuff worked miracles.

StealthPolarBear Fri 02-Jul-10 08:45:24

thanks for reminding me btw - just been and turned the light on for another admire

When you put the shelves in the bag with the gunk you can see the gunk getting brown! Also when you're rinsing if there are any bits stiuck on still they just slide off if you rub them

DreamTeamGirl Fri 02-Jul-10 11:34:02

smile
I love how nice this thread is- positive and upbeat too

Really really must do my oven this weekend too- I never use it since I got my halogen oven but it is just sitting there a bit grubby and depressing, so you have inspired me SPB

varicose It is pretty good on the baked on stuff on door, so do whole oven and that too, but the real magic is the shelves and oven sides/ floor

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now