Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So, I went for my mole appointment, and am now legless (well, ^almost^), and feeling very sorry for myself......

(271 Posts)
psychomum5 Wed 03-Jun-09 17:44:49

....and all flame could say when I text her to say I was scared was - "have you told them that you will have lots of spare shoes and your jeans will hang funny"

shock

that is so NOT the calming words of a friend is ithmm

so, anyone else there for sypmathy??

please

<<flutters eyelashes>>

((ps, not really legless. I had a mole on my inner right thigh that had gone itchy and 'teardrop' shaped, so the dermatoligist(sp?) doc said it needed to be removed, and siad he wanted it done today <<eek>>.........the anaesthetic is wearing off now tho and my leg feels odd....))

BCNS Wed 03-Jun-09 17:46:52

no sympathy lol.. but a well done on another job jobbed

lol at flames text

psychomum5 Wed 03-Jun-09 17:50:17

huh

<<sulk>>

I want sypamthy<<wail>><<stamps feet>><<falls over due to being legless>>

KingCanuteIAm Wed 03-Jun-09 17:51:25

I am not very good at sympathy (you may have noticed wink) but if you give me a while I can join you in being legless - misery loves company and all that wink grin

BCNS Wed 03-Jun-09 17:52:14

well if your going to sulk.. you need to do it quiety.. and then when you have finished.. I may talk sysmpathy .. let me know when your done <poke out tongue>

psychomum5 Wed 03-Jun-09 17:55:36

I am still sulking!!

I will try to sulk quietly, but if DH ignores me for too long, shouting may ensue.......you may hear mewink

kingcanute, have a glass for me please

TrinityRhino Wed 03-Jun-09 17:57:38

awww poor you
but
where have you been???!!!!!
tis like you dissapeared

KingCanuteIAm Wed 03-Jun-09 18:00:25

Just the one Psycho? If you are already one leg down wouldn't you like to lose the other one to stop you being lopsided? I reckon it is at least a couple of glasses to lose a leg! grin

Of course it won't stop you wobbling round in circles but at least you won't feel it when you fall down wink

TrinityRhino Wed 03-Jun-09 18:01:09

roffle canute
grin

psychomum5 Wed 03-Jun-09 18:02:59

I been on holiday trinity

have been back since sunday, but been busy with holiday washing (am very proud, got 8 loads washed, dried and put away all on monday<<preen>>

yesterday was beach in the morning with flame and the dude, and then returning the house to sparkles (what is it about the sun that makes all the grime appearhmm), and today was shopping with flame this morning and hosp this afternoon.

I did have a lurk tho on the troll thread bizarre thread earlier....

psychomum5 Wed 03-Jun-09 18:04:25

am I allowed wine after having legs chopped off???

serious Q BTW, not wanting to really be leglesswink

TrinityRhino Wed 03-Jun-09 18:04:46

lol

sounds like you had a good time smile

KingCanuteIAm Wed 03-Jun-09 18:08:47

If they didn't say no then Iwould have thought yes - but I know nothing at all - about anything grin

psychomum5 Wed 03-Jun-09 18:11:15

nope, no wine advice from them at all.

or maybe they figured me not in need (clearly don;t know mewink), and so didn;t figure I needed wine advice.

hmm.....<<pondering>>

KingCanuteIAm Wed 03-Jun-09 18:14:51

Was it local or general? I am assuming local?

AFAIK (which I have said is not much) there is no problem with local and wine!

psychomum5 Wed 03-Jun-09 18:18:03

local.

I would still be asleep otherwise (not good with general)

psychomum5 Wed 03-Jun-09 18:18:41

ooh, and yay

<<opens wine>>

KingCanuteIAm Wed 03-Jun-09 18:24:10

If you get into trouble for/with it I was not here and I never said anything grin

(seriously, I will ask for deletion and leave the country flounce) wink

psychomum5 Wed 03-Jun-09 18:25:59

oooh.....threat.....<<whiny school-playground voice>>

you love me and mn too much to flounce

KingCanuteIAm Wed 03-Jun-09 18:31:50

It is not love, it is addiction, I am working on an injection for it - I was going to develop an injection for tabacco addiction but I figure people will pay more to control their MN addiction - I think I will get an ad on here, fantastic, captive audience, target marketing. I may have to lie present it carefully to MNHQ though grin

<ponders the possibility of governement grants>

psychomum5 Wed 03-Jun-09 18:35:23

ahh, but have you remembered the issue that some people have with needles??

you really need to develop a spray I thinkwinkgrin

KingCanuteIAm Wed 03-Jun-09 18:42:26

Don't worry Psycho, I will sneak up behind you and stab you develop a special system for you grin

BCNS Wed 03-Jun-09 18:48:19

glad your not sulking any more psycho.. okay you can have a tiny bit of sympathy.. but only if you tell me my costume making was a success today.. LOL ( about to bung it up on my profile )

psychomum5 Wed 03-Jun-09 18:48:39

<<glares>>

don;t you dare!!

my DH tried that (the stabbing me), he only succeeded cos he had already tried killing me with butter first......I was hald dead already.

YOU, on the other hand.....<<lfexes muscles>>

<<reallises I have none>>

<<hides>>

psychomum5 Wed 03-Jun-09 18:50:22

oh yes, your costumes are PEFECT

<<hopes I have lied stated that convincingly>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now