loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone complained to Abel & Cole?

(18 Posts)
lulumama Mon 16-Jul-07 16:36:58

And if so, were they helpful?

got first box from them on Friday

3 out of 6 peaches went mouldy within 48 hours, as did the melon....pears overripe and too soft....

shall I complain?

I didn;t expect to have to eat the contents within a day of receiving the order!

TheArmadillo Mon 16-Jul-07 16:39:00

Yes they are very good at dealing with complaints.

I have to say though the reason we stopped using A&C is cos what you describe happened every week with everything.

If you didn't eat the stuff on the day you got it it went off.

But always very good with complaints (we made enough ).

lulumama Mon 16-Jul-07 16:39:57

oh

will email them then, was a wee bit disappointed, thought would be a great way to avoid going to the shops constantly for fresh stuff

thanks

HuwEdwards Mon 16-Jul-07 16:41:38

Don't use A&C, but a local organic delivery scheme. They always put a note in during summer to say you must store all fruit and most veg in the fridge.

Stargazing Mon 16-Jul-07 16:56:07

I second what TheArmadillo said - I eventually cancelled my account, although they were very good at dealing with complaints etc - but I got fed up of having to do so

lulumama Mon 16-Jul-07 16:57:25

thanks all

will see what they say, and try once more, and if that is the same, then i will cancel

frisbyrat Mon 16-Jul-07 17:18:13

I just cancelled without bothering to complain, but mainly because I found that in the summer the bottom couple of items in a bag of soft fruit, like plums, would be squashed, and I didn't think they'd be able to stop it happening.

IlanaK Mon 16-Jul-07 17:24:47

Same here - stopped using them as spent too much time complaining. IN the summer, we don't need a delivery company so much as we have a local farmers market, but I will need to find another company in the winter as the farmers market sells only local produce and it gets too samey over winter.

LaBoheme Mon 16-Jul-07 17:30:12

I had exactly the same problem - food went mouldy almost immediately after it happened 3 times I cancelled - they were v nice but sounded really surprised but 2 of my friends had the same issue with their boxes so I knew they must realise it's a problem. Also the sizes of box magically diminished over time..not great

TheArmadillo Mon 16-Jul-07 17:58:32

Riverford is supposed to be alot better.

A&C apparently went downhill straight after opening their shop (which of course is when we joined).

WHat I liked specifically about A&C though was you could say what you didn't like and as dp is very fussy nothing else would be worth it for us.

lulumama Mon 16-Jul-07 18:29:32

will find out if riverford deliver in our area

TheCodDelusion Mon 16-Jul-07 18:31:24

"my curly Kale has been straighteneed"

lulumama Mon 16-Jul-07 18:32:04

eh????

nothing straight, just mouldy

TheCodDelusion Mon 16-Jul-07 18:32:36

go to tesco

FirenzeandZooey Mon 16-Jul-07 18:33:36

Lulu try a local supplier instead

much better for food miles etc and you can negotiate with them on problems like this and actually get solutions I think.

NorbertStanleyFletcher Mon 16-Jul-07 18:35:50

check if northern harvest cover your area (bf so minimal typing)

lulumama Mon 16-Jul-07 18:35:56

thanks franny

yes cod, of course, why didn;t i think of taht

or is a veg box too fraeky ??

lulumama Mon 16-Jul-07 18:36:07

thanks norma !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now