Talk

Advanced search

It's time for this whole section of health to go...

(33 Posts)
pfrench Mon 08-Jun-20 09:15:58

.. hardly any posts in here are about actual health, it's all about schools or holidays. If someone is genuinely concerned about having virus symptoms they are basically told to get back to work, so it's a useless post. People with long tail illnesses are all in one thread, which could be moved to a health board.

Clearly COVID is not the issue it has been for MN posters. Aren't we lucky.

Mental health ones can go to mental health.
School ones can go to education.
Holiday ones can go to travel.
COVID ones can go to general health.

eleventy3isthemagicnumber Mon 08-Jun-20 09:18:37

I didn't even realise this section was in health. I thought it was for everything coronavirus-related.

We're not out of the wood yet, and will likely get a second wave. It's not time to get rid of the coronavirus board yet, sadly.

pfrench Mon 08-Jun-20 09:22:57

A quarter of the page is currently posts about schools. And are pretty much bullying teachers. The same old names just harping on about the same stuff. Almost see them grinning as they peck peck peck away on their phones from their kitchens in middle England.

Amazing how bullies even manage it in adulthood when they aren't in the same room.

A teacher down there with cold symptoms is even being told to go back to school. School staff not even allowed to follow the government guidelines anymore, cos someone else wants to get back to their 9.15 yoga session without the kids around. Sod the spread of a virus or the health of other adults in a school setting.

Actually, maybe just move the school stuff to education.

Oxyiz Mon 08-Jun-20 09:23:43

No. Keep it all in here, there's a reason for it. Some people have the whole topic hidden.

onalongsabbatical Mon 08-Jun-20 09:24:58

Fine as it is - all Covid-related topics in one place. That was the intention - and it works.

TheCanterburyWhales Mon 08-Jun-20 09:25:56

Is it in health?
I didn't realise.
I click on Coronavirus. We've been talking about it since January. I've not participated in many health related threads in the topic, but mainly about the bigger picture, facts, figures, science, schools.
I always thought I was in a separate section.

40somethingJBJ Mon 08-Jun-20 09:29:08

I didn’t even realise it was in the health section!

Mrsfeathersword Mon 08-Jun-20 09:40:35

Absolutely. I'm bored of the education ones - could they not have a separate corona/education section? Whereas I am interested in the health advice ones.

TheCanterburyWhales Mon 08-Jun-20 09:42:54

Do you read all the threads in a topic then?

raviolidreaming Mon 08-Jun-20 09:47:39

I didn't even realise this section was in health. I thought it was for everything coronavirus-related

Me too blush

HesterShaw1 Mon 08-Jun-20 09:54:57

The only reason anyone could possibly want or need their child back in school is so they can join their 9.15 yoga session in Middle England, after all...

nomorefencepostsplease Mon 08-Jun-20 09:58:16

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/coronavirus/3932311-Its-time-for-this-whole-section-of-health-to-go

It's in "talk" not health.

I suspect that I am not the only one who has the topic hidden - because back at the beginning of the outbreak the hysterical posts were overwhelming the active list. I just dip in and out now.

The way that the situation has evolved has resulted in a lot of the active conversations now being about CV again. Judging by some of the questions asked and the woeful misinformation re statistics/infection rates, a lot of posters aren't evenaware that there is a dedicated coronavirus topic.

TheCanterburyWhales Mon 08-Jun-20 10:01:06

So it isn't even in health? confused

RufustheLanglovingreindeer Mon 08-Jun-20 10:03:39

It is in health

Don’t see why really but i prefer all covid stuff in one place as it was taking over the boards

Bol87 Mon 08-Jun-20 10:07:53

If you don’t like the topics, don’t read them. Good god, people have too much time on their hands! It’s a forum, you choose to read & contribute! There’s millions of Corona threads, find one that suits your needs or if not, start a new one!

If you are worried about health, talk about it. Many haven’t had bad illness, so want to talk about other issues surrounding this shit we find ourselves in. It’s an open forum. I’ve been in the pregnancy section over the last year & you get loadsa cross over with the conception forum but who cares! It’s really not important!

There’s two camps on here, those who weigh up risk and want to get on with life & those terrified to leave their houses. Find those who suit your opinion & you’ll be fine!

Derbygerbil Mon 08-Jun-20 10:07:55

Absolutely. I'm bored of the education ones - could they not have a separate corona/education section? Whereas I am interested in the health advice ones.

If you’re bored with them, why can’t you ignore them? Surely everyone just clicks on the threads they are interested in?

Bol87 Mon 08-Jun-20 10:11:07

@pfrench - perhaps you’d like to stop being stag a bully yourself & consider there are quite a variety of reasons people want to send their kids back to school. You are just as horribly ignorant & judgemental as those you are criticising 🙄

Thighmageddon Mon 08-Jun-20 10:13:16

If only there was a way that meant you didn't have to read a thread...

Have people completely lost all ability to exercise common sense?

It makes sense to have all CV posts on one board, it's not magically vanishing in to the ether so discussions around it are here for a while yet.

NowImLivinInExeter Mon 08-Jun-20 10:14:44

If you don't like the threads then don't read them.

LaceCurtains Mon 08-Jun-20 10:14:49

I agree it probably doesn't belong in health anymore but posters who post anything vaguely related to the news around Covid/lockdown anywhere else get barked at that it has it's own section.

puffinkoala Mon 08-Jun-20 10:16:53

If you’re bored with them, why can’t you ignore them? Surely everyone just clicks on the threads they are interested in

Exactly. I can never understand why people moan about this. There are thousands of threads every week I am not interested in.

So I just open the ones I am, or might be, interested in. Hardly difficult.

But apparently it is.

eeeyoresmiles Mon 08-Jun-20 10:30:46

nomorefencepostsplease

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/coronavirus/3932311-Its-time-for-this-whole-section-of-health-to-go

It's in "talk" not health.

I suspect that I am not the only one who has the topic hidden - because back at the beginning of the outbreak the hysterical posts were overwhelming the active list. I just dip in and out now.

The way that the situation has evolved has resulted in a lot of the active conversations now being about CV again. Judging by some of the questions asked and the woeful misinformation re statistics/infection rates, a lot of posters aren't evenaware that there is a dedicated coronavirus topic.

Back then any post that took the virus seriously was being called hysterical - given how things have worked out I'm surprised they're still being called that though!

eeeyoresmiles Mon 08-Jun-20 10:34:41

There’s two camps on here, those who weigh up risk and want to get on with life & those terrified to leave their houses.

Everyone is weighing up risks, to themselves and to their community. We're just not all coming to the same conclusions at the same time.

Mrsfeathersword Mon 08-Jun-20 10:48:18

It has always been the mumsnet way to have sections, and to keep the right stuff in each section. This enables people to hide topics.
Are we not doing that anymore?

Mrsfeathersword Mon 08-Jun-20 10:49:39

ALL threads are in Talk, surely? That's the whole lot! To find Coronavirus I need to go into Health on the list of Talk threads. Ergo, it's in Health.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »