Talk

Advanced search

Stopping the pill???

(8 Posts)
LorrieLu Tue 07-Jul-20 01:54:43

Hi Everyone, I'm after some advice. I have been taking the pill for about 3 years and my husband and I are planning another baby. I stopped taking it roughly a week and a half ago. I had a bit of brown spotting about 2 weeks ago and thought maybe it was because I missed a pill somewhere along the line but I can't really remember if I did or not. I stoped taking it at the end of the pill pack but still haven't had the usually withdrawal bleed that lasts around 5-6 days. I had one episode of light bleeding yesterday that lasted half a day and then nothing. So weird. I have done a pregnancy test and came back negative. Anyone have any idea what is doing on or has anyone had a similar experience coming off the pill? Any help would be greatly appreciated ❤️

OP’s posts: |
Karenmicfurson Tue 07-Jul-20 01:58:15

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

missglow Tue 07-Jul-20 05:15:56

Hi OP I had a lot of random bleeding/spotting after stopping the pill for 3months until it settled down.
How long have you been off it? X

LorrieLu Tue 07-Jul-20 05:17:50

smile

LorrieLu Tue 07-Jul-20 05:22:19

Hi, only about a week and a half. Just confusing me because I should have got my 'period' as I stopped at the end of my pack but it didn't come like it usually does.

missglow Tue 07-Jul-20 06:06:14

Was you on the combined or mini pill?
If your cycles were regular I would recommend waiting another week and test again using a frer or another sensitive test, or contact your GP especially if you have any concerns x

LorrieLu Tue 07-Jul-20 11:25:01

Thank you for you reply. Combined pill. Just have to wait it out and see what happens. If I still haven't had anything I'll test again in a week.

mrsed1987 Tue 07-Jul-20 11:29:11

I got some spitting after about a week then didn't have a period for about 3 weeks although it was due. Then I fell pregnant 😂

I was on the pill 10+ years I thought it would take longer lol

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in