Talk

Advanced search

5 days late... BFN

(64 Posts)
peterpanwendy Sat 09-Dec-17 09:04:03

Hi, me and DP are TTC. Last month I had a BFN and AF showed like clockwork CD31. This month I had spotting a week after OV that lasted around 2-3 days that was light pink then brown at the very end. I have been off the pill since Aug 16 (only TTC 2 cycles) and my AF got into a 31 day cycle by about Jan 17. I've never ever had spotting before and now I am 5 days late.. however I keep getting BFN's! I did a FRER this morning and there maybe is a real squinter, too faint for a camera to pick up. But it's really getting me down that it's still BFN/No AF. If AF is coming then that's fine I wish she would hurry up and get on with it, but I've had none of my usual symptoms. I tracked OV with OPK's so I know when I ovulated so I'm not ovulating late. I'm not overly stressed and as I've stated already my periods are normally like clockwork! Other symptoms I've had are lots of watery CM, extreme tiredness, food aversions (too early?) achey back and dull aches in pelvic region.

Did anyone get a BFP later on? Is there still hope? I've read lots online that BFP's can take around 6 weeks for some people but on here it's like if you didn't get it on the day of your missed period or before then it's gonna be a BFN sad

webster144 Sat 09-Dec-17 09:11:58

Hi OP, if I were you I would maybe pop along to your doctors and ask them to take a blood sample. I think everyone's experiences are extremely different, I've heard of people getting positive tests 4 days before their period (I did back in Oct but sadly ended in MC), and at the other end I've heard people taking weeks to get a positive. Remember everyone is different and it doesn't mean that there's necessarily anything wrong with you because it's taking you a little longer to get your BFP, it does sound like you could be pregnant from your description!
I had tons of watery CM before my last BFP, aches and cramps, agonising boobs, broke out in spots, got the cold and was totally off my usual favourite foods. Not everyone gets all the symptoms, some people get none and still turn out to be pregnant too!
My best suggestion would to be wait another few days and if you're still not seeing anything when testing and you're still feeling the above symptoms, I would phone your doctors surgery and ask them for some advice! Good luck thanks

peterpanwendy Sat 09-Dec-17 18:48:31

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage @webster144
It's absolutely impossible to get an appointment at my doctors so I'd have probably a 3 week wait anyway in which time I hope I'd get a BFP/AF sad
I've also got terrible spots when my skin is usually very clear and had a cold from pretty much week of ovulation to when AF was due.
Its agonising waiting for something to happen!

webster144 Mon 11-Dec-17 08:02:42

Hi peterpanwendy did you ever end up getting your BFP? Hope all is well! thanks

peterpanwendy Mon 11-Dec-17 12:35:13

@webster144 nope I'm a week late now and a BFN on an IC this morning sad

Tinselistacky Mon 11-Dec-17 12:39:09

I was a fortnight late before I had a bfp with dd!! I only dtd on day 23 of a 28 day cycle.She was a week over her due date .
You aren't out yet op!!

LookingAtTheStars89 Mon 11-Dec-17 16:04:19

@peterpanwendy. Sorry you got a bfn. I'm a day late and got a bfn. I read earlier though that if you ovulated late then you aren't technically late because it moves your period due date according to your luteal phase length.

LookingAtTheStars89 Mon 11-Dec-17 16:05:16

Sorry! Just read that you knew when you ovulated!

peterpanwendy Mon 11-Dec-17 16:30:04

@Tinselistacky that's reassuring to know! Thank you x

@LookingAtTheStars89 it's even more annoying knowing when I ovulated cos otherwise I could have put the it down to late ovulation! sad x

LookingAtTheStars89 Mon 11-Dec-17 16:34:52

@peterpanwendy I am so confused by the cycle. It's done my not in! I used clearblue opk s and a few regular ones in between and NOTHING! Then between cd22 and cd24 I had loads of watery/ewcm. Do you think that I actually ovulated around that time?

I don't know about you but I don't feel periody at all.

LookingAtTheStars89 Mon 11-Dec-17 16:35:09

Nut in*

peterpanwendy Mon 11-Dec-17 16:45:56

@LookingAtTheStars89 yeah very well could have done! I had loads around a week ago when I was due on and it lasted a few days but now nothing. I have had no period symptoms at all for the last 2 weeks and lots of early pregnancy symptoms so we will see :/ just worried somethings wrong why would I not get a period or BFP?

LookingAtTheStars89 Mon 11-Dec-17 16:52:27

@peterpanwendy. Try not to worry too much just yet. I know it's easy to! I am sat here thinking "Is it because I'm a bit chunky" lol.

A few years ago a had a period like every three months and one month I got pregnant with my now 5 year old! Sometimes cycles are weird. Since I had my dd in 2016, my cycles have been regular and 31 days max, so I can see why you are frustrated.

peterpanwendy Mon 11-Dec-17 16:54:19

@LookingAtTheStars89 I just checked I'm 22 dpo sad I've done 3 FRER's in the last 2 weeks, I have one stashed away.

How long will you wait until you test? IC's are a god send.

LookingAtTheStars89 Mon 11-Dec-17 17:09:21

If you've only tested with opk' s then maybe you geared up to ovulate but didn't and ovulated when you got the extra cm? Maybe leave it another week and see the Dr? I have a blood pregnancy test form that I didn't use after my mc because flo showed. I'm tempted to use that but I don't know if they will be funny about it.

I'm out of tests but I'm going to buy some frers tomorrow. I tested on an ASDA test today.

peterpanwendy Mon 11-Dec-17 17:30:45

@LookingAtTheStars89 maybe! Is it possible to OV twice? So strange though the 2nd month TTC and my cycle is a whack for the first time in my life, seems like too big a coincidence! I'm so bloated and hungry all the time.

Good luck testing tomorrow. I will keep using IC's until the weekend!

LookingAtTheStars89 Mon 11-Dec-17 18:02:45

@peterpanwendy. I don't think it's possible to release an egg twice but it's possible for your body to gear up to it and then just not so it gives it a go again. Yeah I'm bloated and starving, I have eaten loads over the last few days.

ThatsWotSheSaid Mon 11-Dec-17 18:09:36

Are you using the same type of test? I did loads and got bfn every time so I switched to a different type of test and got my BFP straight away.

PinkAvocado Mon 11-Dec-17 18:13:17

I had a couple of really odd cycles where I ovulated really late. A friend had similar but where she thinks she must have almost ovulated then didn’t then ovulated properly very late.

LookingAtTheStars89 Mon 11-Dec-17 18:34:01

@ThatsWotSheSaid. What test did you use? I'm going to switch tests tomorrow.

BusterBluth21 Mon 11-Dec-17 19:04:00

This is me at the moment! We're not ttc (yet - planning on it in spring next year) and I'm a week late. Usually 31 day cycles like clockwork. Done 3 ic and all negative. Only possible symptoms are increased sex drive and weird cramp period like feelings at 5 days late! It's driving me mad - either hurry up AF or be a BFP!

peterpanwendy Mon 11-Dec-17 19:46:52

@LookingAtTheStars89 just seems like too big a coincidence that it would happen now when we've just started TTC and I'm never late sad

@ThatsWotSheSaid I've been using a mixture of FRER, IC's and boots own brand  I've done a lot in the last 2 weeks..1 a day

@PinkAvocado that's so crazy, our bodies are so complex 

@BusterBluth21 SNAP! How frustrating is it? sad would you be pleased with a BFP right now?

LookingAtTheStars89 Mon 11-Dec-17 19:56:45

@peterpanwendy. I just went to the co op to pick up a test to do tomorrow lol.

peterpanwendy Mon 11-Dec-17 20:28:17

@LookingAtTheStars89 are you going to wait till the morning? It's agony waiting isn't it! I need to check my stash of IC's hmm

BusterBluth21 Mon 11-Dec-17 21:21:35

@peterpanwendy It wouldn't be the best timing (although from what I've read on MN it never is!) but we would be pleased! Fingers crossed for you smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: