Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Sainsbury's pregnancy tests πŸ€”

(35 Posts)
ems91 Sat 17-Jun-17 15:04:38

Hi,

Yesterday I bought two Sainsbury's tests... after a quick google it's emerged that apparently these aren't too reliable. Anyway.. I took one yesterday which had an extremely faint line, and the pics on here are today's tests (which are a tiny tiny bit darker than yesterday's). I think I'm due for my period quite soon and feeling really crampy today.

What are your experiences with Sainsbury's tests? Are they a load of crap?

rahrahthenoisy Sat 17-Jun-17 15:07:48

Hmm I've just posted a post questioning the same, mine look very similar.

Could dh wee on a spare? (Mine is out for the day).

ems91 Sat 17-Jun-17 15:07:59

(I've darkened the right pic to emphasise whatever the vertical line is....!)

rahrahthenoisy Sat 17-Jun-17 15:08:57

This is mine...

ems91 Sat 17-Jun-17 15:09:45

I'll have to grab another pack from Sainsbury's and ask him to! Haha.

Were yours Sainsbury's too rahrah

rahrahthenoisy Sat 17-Jun-17 15:09:55

On mine I can see a faint blue wide tint when I shine a bright light behind. I thought Evaps were grey?

ems91 Sat 17-Jun-17 15:10:18

Sorry cross post! Yeaaah yours looks really similar to mine!

rahrahthenoisy Sat 17-Jun-17 15:10:48

Yes - I don't remember seeing evaps on the before, but last month I think I did (unless a chemical). But the lines were v thin though blue.

ems91 Sat 17-Jun-17 15:11:43

Yeah I was thinking that too.. I took mine out the casing once I took the pics and the line was blue when I put the strip on a white background

Hotpinkangel19 Sat 17-Jun-17 19:47:59

I actually trust Sainsburys tests.... and I have POAS a lot! Good luck

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Sat 17-Jun-17 19:50:30

Congratulations!! Def positive. Used those many times!!

Oysterbabe Sat 17-Jun-17 20:04:52

Dip one in water and compare?

TheCaptainsCat Sat 17-Jun-17 20:21:51

I would test with a pink dye test to be sure, I had a false positive on a Sainsbury's test last weekend. It was there within the time frame but my period started an hour later, and an internet cheapy taken straight after was a stark white negative. I'm confident it was not a chemical pregnancy. Do take a pink dye test to be sure, and I hope you get the outcome you want! smile

ems91 Sat 17-Jun-17 20:32:27

Hi all.

I haven't got any more to dip in water.. I used one yesterday and today. Yesterday's line was fainter.

I have used an Internet cheapie pink dye this morning 25miu - very faint, not sure if it's a line or indent

Chewiecat Sat 17-Jun-17 20:36:14

We got Sainsbury's tests too and they looked similar to yours when I tested.. very faint but definitely a line there. My Lo is 4 months old now.. grin

whoknows123 Sat 17-Jun-17 20:36:50

I took a Sainsbury's test and worried as well! But now 12 weeks pregnant so I would definitely say you've got a positive πŸ™‚

ems91 Sat 17-Jun-17 20:57:46

I'm really trying to not get my hopes up though, been ttc for almost 2 years and on my 4th round of clomid 100mg.... I'm scared to death it's a cruel evap. (The lines came up before 15 min) but heard bad reviews of sainsburys tests.

Flashinthepan Sat 17-Jun-17 21:03:14

It looks positive so congratulations! The thing to remember with people reporting positives and then getting a period and saying the test was faulty is that they may have had a chemical pregnancy. So the tests may not be unreliable but as people test before their period, they might get a result that doesn't stick.

ems91 Sat 17-Jun-17 21:29:56

Thanks πŸ™‚ I'm gonna grab a frer tomorrow I think!

ems91 Sun 18-Jun-17 07:18:13

Ahh crumbs... onto the 5th round of clomid it is then.. πŸ™„ Woke up to a lovely load of cramps and AF.

rahrahthenoisy Sun 18-Jun-17 07:29:45

Oh no, I'm so sorry em. flowers I really hope the next one sticks.

ems91 Sun 18-Jun-17 08:10:48

Thanks Rah πŸ™‚
Wishing you all the best smileflowers

mockingbirdoh Sun 18-Jun-17 18:21:15

Hi @ems91 I'm so sorry! I've just tested with a Sainsbury's test and it looks just like yours... I'm 2 days late so will need to go buy some pink dye tests I think! Fx for you next month x

ems91 Mon 19-Jun-17 13:00:16

Thanks mockingbird
Actually had a full on melt down yesterday and just sobbed haha. I'm throwing in the towel for a bit, can't bear the amount of upset flipping fertility meds / treatments bring.
Good luck with the pink dye test!! πŸ€žπŸ˜€

Usernamegone Tue 20-Jun-17 16:12:57

I used a Sainsbury's test and it came up with a faint line like yours. I couldn't quite believe it so I did a clear blue digi and it confirmed I was pregnant!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now Β»

Already registered? Log in with: