Talk

Advanced search

lh rising before period

(15 Posts)
justtheonethen Sun 10-Jan-16 19:20:41

Does anyone know why my lh rises before my period is due? I'm due on tomorrow and I've tested over the last few days with opks as last month I had an lh surge before period too.

Anyone shed any light on this? I know opk can measure hcg as well but it's not that as it's happened before plus I've given up the monthly hope now

Last four days of tests attached and I'm fully expecting opk to be positive tomorrow when I'm due on.

Whatdoidohelp Sun 10-Jan-16 19:22:22

I have to be careful with those cheap tests - they are cheap for a reason!

I suspect you didn't ovulate when u think u did and are now having another surge. How dark did your opk get earlier on your cycle to make you think you ovulated? You would be better using the digital clearblue ones.

ZebraCrossing007 Sun 10-Jan-16 19:33:04

Could you be pregnant? I had positive opks with positive pregnancy tests.

justtheonethen Sun 10-Jan-16 19:51:32

I definitely ovulated on the 28th December. I find these tests to be very reliable, they are consistently not positive then stonkingly so around cd 11-14 (much darker line than control).

I did use clear blue but they are too expensive (have been ttc for far too long)!

I really don't think I'm pregnant, it's happened before and I'll get period bang on time.

gakay Mon 11-Jan-16 20:47:56

I agree with zebra - you could be pregnant as my opk went +ve last time I got pg.

justtheonethen Mon 11-Jan-16 20:55:41

Don't even dare to hope that! Although no period as yet and opk is positive. I expect period will come though.

ShowOfHands Mon 11-Jan-16 20:57:19

Not uncommon at all to have a pre-period lh surge.

smellsofelderberries Mon 11-Jan-16 20:57:39

I can't explain it but I get it too. I was curious one month as was really in the mood for sex on about CD3 (had 36-48 hour periods so had stopped bleeding by then) and out of curiosity did an OPK which was almost positive. Don't think it's uncommon at all.

justtheonethen Mon 11-Jan-16 21:41:30

Thanks that's helpful, wonder why?

chandelierswinging Mon 11-Jan-16 21:46:39

Yep, I get tand LH surges too. I got v excited by a +ve OPK once near POAS time... AF turned up the next day hmm

chandelierswinging Mon 11-Jan-16 21:48:27

random, not tand! Flipping iPhone!!!

shelbTa Mon 11-Jan-16 21:53:25

My opks (same brand) got stronger as I approached my BFP. Good luck.

X

justtheonethen Mon 11-Jan-16 21:57:30

So basically we have concluded it can mean something or nothing grin

DizzyNorthernBird Tue 12-Jan-16 00:30:06

I noticed a few cycles ago I was getting a very strong line when af was due. I asked the same question and a few people told me that it's completely normal to get a surge right before af (some also see fertile cm).

In my case it was just very very late ovulation though hmm

justtheonethen Wed 13-Jan-16 17:52:34

In case anyone wondered, I'm not pregnant. Thanks for all the advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now