Talk

Advanced search

Book recommendations for 10 yr old ds

(11 Posts)
jmh740 Sun 12-May-19 20:55:42

He loves reading and his favourites are tom gates, diary of wimpy kid and David walliams, he's read all these and every time we go to the library he gets something he's already read. I'm trying to get him to choose something different but he says he doesn't like the look of anything I pick out, any recommendations? He doesn't want to read harry potter or lemony snicket he said he doesn't like that type of book.

Clankboing Sun 12-May-19 20:57:07

Rick Riordon - Percy Jackson, etc.

DilysMoon Sun 12-May-19 21:02:33

Watching with interest. The 13 Storey Tree House series went down well here up until the 5th one or so.

haudyer Sun 12-May-19 21:06:09

How to train your dragon?

Notname Sun 12-May-19 21:07:55

Would recommend rick riordan too, DS loves them. He also has an Alex Rider boxset which he’s not yet read, but his friend enjoyed them. DS enjoyed Holes (which they read at school) so we bought a few more from the same author, and he’s enjoying Wonder now too. His friend enjoys Tolkien but DS has read the hobbit and found it boring!

imsorryiasked Sun 12-May-19 21:12:53

This series by bear grylls.
If he likes football then have a look at Tom Palmer.
I second the Alex Rider books - if he enjoys these there is a whole load of similar "spy" novels.

Ricekrispie22 Mon 13-May-19 05:47:45

The Parent Agency and Animalcolm, both by David Baddiel
Kid Normal
Books by Frank Cotrell Boyce such as Cosmic and Sputnik’s Guide to Life on Earth
Danger Really is Everywhere by David O’Doherty
Middle School series by James Patterson
Radio Boy
The Misadventures of Max Crumbly by Rachel Renee Russell
Danny Wallace’s Hamish series
My Brother is a Superhero by David Solomons

blibblibs Mon 13-May-19 05:52:41

I would second or third Percy Jackson, DD is loving them at the moment and I know the whole story without having read a word she's that animated about them.
Alex Rider has also gone down well too and the Wolf brother series by Michelle Paver.

beethebee Mon 13-May-19 06:03:40

Yes DS devoured everything by Rick Riordan and also loved the His Dark Materials series, wrinkle in time series, Bridge to Terabithia etc. He's onto the Hobbit now.

FreeFreesia Mon 13-May-19 12:22:40

Treasure hunters series by James Patterson (still has a few illustrations)
Geronimo Stilton (ditto)
HIVE
Young Samauri
The Falcon Chronicles - Steve Backshall
Goosebumps

BlueChampagne Mon 13-May-19 12:44:02

Chris Priestley's Maudlin Towers books?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »