Talk

Advanced search

to slap a lifetime ban on ordering from Kleeneze in my household?

(68 Posts)
MARGOsBeenPlayingWithMyNooNoo Sat 30-Aug-08 23:17:48

They've really annoyed me.

The distributor put a catalogue through my letterbox on Thursday and left instructions to collect it the next day.

I didn't leave it out as I stayed at my parents house that night.

When I got home the next day, they had stuck a reminder in the door frame.

What is wrong with using a bit of common sense? They have made it apparent that no-one is home and leaves my house more vunerable to burglary.

angry

zippitippitoes Sat 30-Aug-08 23:21:09

kleneze takes me back to the sixties

expatinscotland Sat 30-Aug-08 23:25:21

i rather like Kleeneze blush

MARGOsBeenPlayingWithMyNooNoo Sat 30-Aug-08 23:27:34

Well I looked through it and saw a few things I liked/needed too but I'm determined to find them elsewhere <huffy>

RambleOn Sat 30-Aug-08 23:29:09

I'd be cross too.

My Kleeneze man says he will collect Weds. I put catalogue out for him. He doesn't collect Weds. By Fri it is a rainsodden mess so I throw it in the bin. Sat he comes to collect and is annoyed that I've chucked it.

Week in, week out.

MARGOsBeenPlayingWithMyNooNoo Sat 30-Aug-08 23:34:22

..my sister also has a problem with her distributor. (they don't fully put it through the letterbox)

Ashantai Sat 30-Aug-08 23:46:30

I'm terrible with Kleeneze cos i rarely remember to put it out for collectionblush.

They dont seem to mind tho and regular as clockwork, i receive the next one for me to lose in my tip of a house! grin

mel1981 Sat 30-Aug-08 23:51:20

My kleeneze blokes not too bad its my betterware lady if you dont leave it outside she comes-a-knocking! even at 8am when your trying to get kids ready for school angry 1. GIVE ME A CHANCE- at least come a bit later in the day not everyones up at the crack of dawn and 2. trying to find the book when im running late for school run ISNT my priority especially if im not ordering!

juneybean Mon 01-Sep-08 11:38:19

lol my brother threw the catalogue out once and was threatened with the courts by the man coming back round for it... my brother(a police man) merely laughed.

ecoworrier Mon 01-Sep-08 11:41:00

I throw the Kleeneze and Betterware catalogues out as soon as they land through the letterbox. I put them on top of our small recycling bin in our front porch - sometimes they get rained on, but that's not my problem. I don't want the things.

I haven't quite been quick enough yet to throw them out while the deliverer is still walking away up our front path, but I will one of these days!

shelleylou Mon 01-Sep-08 11:43:37

i do that too exco.Last time though the prat decided leave my gate wide open he actually pushesd it so it wouldnt blow closed. I wasnt impressed as ds nearly escaped

tissy Mon 01-Sep-08 11:44:26

I think the agents have to pay for the catalogues, though, so it's not surprising that they want them back.

Couldn't you just leave the catalogue on the doorstep, in a clear plastic bag, with a note, saying, "Sorry, not interested, no more catalogues please?"

SuchAPerfectDay Mon 01-Sep-08 11:45:09

These things are baned in my neighbourhood.

If I want to buy something I'll buy it, I don't want catalogues through my door and soggy paper all over doorsteps.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 01-Sep-08 11:45:11

Kleeneze distributors have to pay for the catalogues. That's why they get ratty when you've thrown them out.

Wouldn't it be easier to put a note on your door saying you're not interested in door-to-door sellers/market researchers etc?

Lilymaid Mon 01-Sep-08 11:47:19

I got so annoyed with either Betterware or Kleeneezee once - similar problem relating to collecting catalogue when I was out - so I took catalogue to pieces and put it back together in wrong order, then left it out to face the elements. Petty, moi? They don't call any more.

FlightAttendent Mon 01-Sep-08 11:53:20

LOL at Lilymaid's Passive aggressive catalogue sabotage! grin

Kleenezeand betterware are SHIT. The times I have ordered stuff that looked like a good idea, then it arrives (4 months later and they demand cash when you had forgotten all about it and are about to go out)

and you use it

and it breask first tiem.

The classic one I had was a pumice toilet cleaner on a stick.

<yes I know>

It was great for removing limescale apparently

as soon as I put it into the loo it got wet and the pumice thing fell off.

Water soluble glue I presume.

Ha ha they were laughing all the way to the bank with my 2.99. angry

tissy Mon 01-Sep-08 18:48:19

and our Kleeneze agent is a pensioner, who is trying to supplement his pension

PLEASE, if you don't want the catalogue, return it with a polite note, don't bin it or mangle it, that's not fair on someone who's just trying to make a crust. sad

FlightAttendent Mon 01-Sep-08 18:52:08

I always do put mine out in its bag Tissy - I'm sure the products aren't all dreadful either. sad

SaintGeorge Mon 01-Sep-08 19:09:55

Amazes me how often people say the stuff is shite and then rave about places like Lakeland who often sell the same stuff for twice the price.

Kleeneze reps pay for the books, Betterware reps don't but they still have to make a small number of books go a long way.

If you don't want them, politely say so.

FWIW Betterware stuff has a 12month guarantee. If something breaks, return it.

Dogsby Mon 01-Sep-08 19:10:29

i never take it in
i loeav it out

pointydog Mon 01-Sep-08 19:24:16

I think Lurch delivers my kleeneze catalogue now. I don;t trust 'im no which way.

wotulookinat Mon 01-Sep-08 19:33:23

We got a Kleenezee catalogue once. I ordered and the stuff arrived, no problems. But we've never had a catalogue since, even thought the next street gets them. Strange. Good job I didn't want to return anything.
Betterware do some fab stuff. The elastic things for holding sheets onto mattresses are good, and I once had a really helpful shoe rack from them that was perfect in the very small flat I lived in at the time.

silvercrown Tue 02-Sep-08 15:00:19

Tried to return items to Kleeneze once but the distributor was hopeless and impossible to catch home. Took weeks and weeks to get money back. They are also mega expensive. Prefer Betterwear but fed up with everyone at the moment - always another catalogue shoved through the door!!

WorzselMummage Tue 02-Sep-08 15:03:36

I put mine in the recycling bin and let them retrive it along with betterware,avon and those bloody leaflets they are trying to get me to donate all my old clothes.

Bringbackmybonnietome Tue 02-Sep-08 15:09:44

If some one posts something through your door, you can then do what you like with it and you are not beholden to keep it somewhere so they can inconveniently collect it later.

imo.

I object to being give it unsolicted and then an expectation on me to keep and return.

I don't want it.

I don't want it to clutter my house.

I don't want someone ringing my doorbell to get back something I never wanted in the first place!!!

I have taken to just leaving it in the porch, never taking it in. BUt it does get on my nerves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now