Talk

Advanced search

A parking one (with photo of pass-agg note)

(243 Posts)
MindatWork Mon 23-Nov-20 14:22:50

Genuinely interested in people’s opinions on this one - I’ve just returned to my car (parked completely legally in a bay on the road, within the lines and well within the specified 2-hour time limit) to a beautifully-written passive aggressive note - A* for effort.

Whoever stuck it on my dashboard actually put it inside one of those yellow PCN envelopes, folded up so it looked like a parking ticket. Is this a thing people actually do now? Is it a mumsnetter? They have lovely handwriting whoever they are.

In all seriousness, there wasn’t ‘plenty of space further up the road’ when I arrived, and the spaces aren’t just for residents.

I’ve lived in a house like this before so I get it, and yes it’s annoying, but not really much you can do about it apart from say ‘ffs’ and go about your day.

I sympathise as I have a 2 year old DD so completely get the difficulty of hauling kids in and out of the car, but AIBU to thinking giving someone a fright by making them think they’ve been given a ticket (money is v tight at the moment) is - while pretty creative - a bit much?

OP’s posts: |
flaviaritt Mon 23-Nov-20 14:24:45

Absolutely a bit much. I hate people like this.

PrincessNutNut Mon 23-Nov-20 14:24:59

Park there again.

cabingirl Mon 23-Nov-20 14:25:51

That note would make me want to park there every day for the next month.

Enterthewolves Mon 23-Nov-20 14:25:55

They are wankers - it is them not you.

MindatWork Mon 23-Nov-20 14:26:16

@PrincessNutNut I’m really tempted...I have a mental of someone sat in their living room with a stack of PCN envelopes and notepaper...

Cocomarine Mon 23-Nov-20 14:26:29

Is that even passive aggressive?!
I’d just say that was aggressive. Dick,
I’ve seen the PCN stickers for sale, for a few years.

MindatWork Mon 23-Nov-20 14:26:34

Mental image! 😆

cabingirl Mon 23-Nov-20 14:27:56

Park there again - stick the parking charge note on the window as you leave with a note in it for them - see if they come out and try to stick another on there.

contrmary Mon 23-Nov-20 14:28:11

They're out of order, but not much you can do. On the plus side, to have a penalty notice envelope ready to go suggests they've been caught parking where they shouldn't at some point, so at least you can console yourself with the fact they're out of pocket.

Sh05 Mon 23-Nov-20 14:28:22

Ignore and carry on as normal op. How is a stranger to know who has young children and who doesn't. If it's not residential parking it's free to all.
As pp said I would probably park there again as well!

PrincessNutNut Mon 23-Nov-20 14:28:30

Park there again. Put a cute little teddy bear inside the PCN envelope, sticking out for visible cuteness, and pin it to the windscreen by the corner with a wiper.

Backbee Mon 23-Nov-20 14:28:51

Won't someone please think of the children, those extra steps it takes them to walk to the spaces that allegedly are further up the road. Obviously mobility problems aside (but I'm sure they would have mentioned that going by the note), it's way over the top. In honesty even if that was the case, if it's a public bay then tough luck really!

BrimFullOfAsher Mon 23-Nov-20 14:29:19

Do you need to park there again?

If not, can you find a reason please.

MindatWork Mon 23-Nov-20 14:29:30

@contrmary yes I agree, not really planning on doing anything about it as it’s made me laugh more than anything else (once I got over the shock of thinking I had a ticket) but I did wonder where they’d got the sticker from. Evidently you can buy them!

ScotchBunnet Mon 23-Nov-20 14:29:47

That is not beautiful handwriting, and the person who wrote it is an arsehole. It’s them, not you!

TenShortStories Mon 23-Nov-20 14:30:29

They obviously don't think normal parking rules apply to them as they have a penalty charge bag lying around that they've earned somewhere!

I would hazard a guess that they're the sort of hypocrite who thinks they can park where they want, but don't extend the same courtesy to others - the space outside their house must be left for them etc.

LaLaLandIsNoFun Mon 23-Nov-20 14:30:41

Yup - that would have me parking there at the next opportunity.

Macncheeseballs Mon 23-Nov-20 14:31:06

If s/he's got time to write aggro notes and put em in envelopes s/he sure as hell has got time to park up the road and walk with the kids

GinAtMerlottes Mon 23-Nov-20 14:32:22

I would move into my car and live in the parking space.

MindatWork Mon 23-Nov-20 14:33:02

@GinAtMerlottes grin

romeolovedjulliet Mon 23-Nov-20 14:33:30

don't know bout a cute teddy i'd be using a photo of a hand fliping the bird sticking out of the pcn envelope. havingparked in the sameplace.
i'm a bolshy bitch sometimes, not that you'd know with my rp english smile

LaBodDelMed Mon 23-Nov-20 14:33:47

Park there again, put your own note in the PCN pouch, something along the lines of “I would just like to point out it’s not an exclusive resident’s bay” (so long as it definitely isn’t of course). I just couldn’t resist. 🖕🏻

LaBodDelMed Mon 23-Nov-20 14:34:24

GinAtMerlottes

I would move into my car and live in the parking space.

Or do this! 👍🏻😂

myhobbyisouting Mon 23-Nov-20 14:35:05

They clearly believe it is a residents only parking bay. Park there again having corrected the letter in red pen, teacher style and leave it in the parking ticket wallet

(Also invest in dashcam or similar to watch as they read grin)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in