Talk

Advanced search

To wish the CBeebies presenters would stop singing?

(51 Posts)
LittleAndOften Tue 09-Apr-19 13:51:28

Oh my ears!! This trend of under-rehearsed random songs, written on the back of a fag packet, sung live by the ones who really can't sing and that puppet thing, has to end.

Sadly CBeebies house is no longer the escapist haven of musical joy it once was - but a torture chamber for my soul. Whatever happened to high standards? Where's the quality control? What happened to EDITING.

Sigh.

Perso25 Wed 10-Apr-19 08:20:28

100% agree

Some is just awful

SherlockSays Wed 10-Apr-19 09:12:07

I wish they'd stop dancing. They were doing the 'biggle wiggle' yesterday and it was awful.

Moralitym1n1 Wed 10-Apr-19 09:35:24

I wish they'd just stop, full stop.

And I wish cbeebies would stop giving shows to Justin Fletcher - giggle biz would not be allowed to air on adult TV so why is it allowed to on kids.

Moralitym1n1 Wed 10-Apr-19 09:36:49

Also does anyone find the fact that his theme song for Justin's house opens with "wiggle your bottoms" disturbing?

Maybe it's just me.

Seeline Wed 10-Apr-19 09:50:53

Because I am old, I remember the Hale and Pace comedy sketches where they were dressed in bright dungarees pretending to be children's TV presenters. Every sketch used to end with the line 'We know a song about that, don't we children'. It was years before Justin Fletcher, but I could never watch CBeebies with my DCs without remembering those sketches 😁

Lizzie48 Wed 10-Apr-19 09:54:24

Oh I am so pleased that my DDs have grown out of CBeebies. I agree with PPs who don't like Justin Fletcher, he's so irritating.

Imfinehowareyou Wed 10-Apr-19 09:54:43

What dirt does Justin Fletcher have on cbeebies bosses? grin

Lokidokiartichoki Wed 10-Apr-19 09:55:00

I posted on a different thread about this yesterday! The CBeebies house has turned into an open audition for the X factor! Makes my skin crawl. Evie is the worst

Sonicknuckles Wed 10-Apr-19 09:55:28

I don't mind it tbh. Blooming cheesy AF on the other side though - milkshake

ParisWilton Wed 10-Apr-19 10:02:34

I don't understand the hiring procedure. Singing seems to be an obligatory part of the role yet they hire people who can't sing (except Rebecca and Cat who actually can)

GarthFunkel Wed 10-Apr-19 10:06:35

Unless it's Sid and Andy doing the number rap they can fuck off.

NCforthis2019 Wed 10-Apr-19 10:14:51

but its for kids!!! They like that sort of stuff really. FIrst world country problem - the tv presenters annoy you with their singing. grin

MyKingdomForBrie Wed 10-Apr-19 10:18:31

@Moralitym1n1 no, because it's for kids. It's just funny for them.

I do cringe a bit for the presenters in the random song sections blush my dd just dances round though, she loves it!

Aquilla Wed 10-Apr-19 10:26:07

Why wouldn't 'Gigglebiz' be allowed on adult telly? I know Aunty Beeb's zapped all decent comedy now but really?!

Moralitym1n1 Wed 10-Apr-19 16:45:51

no, because it's for kids. It's just funny for them.

No, it's not.

A fat bloke dressed up in drag doing a high pitched 'feminine' voice and a panto dame doing old than the pyramids gags and lines ... I find children just sit looking at it, not cracking up. It's creepy and offensive and talentless.

Moralitym1n1 Wed 10-Apr-19 16:47:18

@aquilla - for the reason above, not to mention the mullet haired tracksuit wearing Scouser character and all the other stereotypes, that aren't even funny.

Moralitym1n1 Wed 10-Apr-19 16:48:14

I don't think children 'get' they're actually aimed at adults but he's too shite to get an adult show so .. (that'd what I meant).

Moralitym1n1 Wed 10-Apr-19 16:49:26

* get it

DentonsFringe Wed 10-Apr-19 16:50:35

Of all the CBeebies shows gigglebiz is one of the few that can actually be entertaining.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the babyclub yet grin

WeeDangerousSpike Wed 10-Apr-19 16:56:44

Justin is disturbing. Agree re the stereotypes - sometimes it's quite offensive.

And when they do the pantos, they aren't that bad, but there always seems to be some massive part that's completely unnecessary for the story that's played by Justin and he bursts on, all 'here I am, you've all been waiting for me! No one else matters!'

If I was doing it with him I'd push him off the stage.

SleepingStandingUp Wed 10-Apr-19 17:05:26

Random singing--fine. Kids love it.

Gigglebiz is shit.

Justin Fletcher is over rated.

Baby Club is apparently awesome. According to the nearly 4 yo.

whitehalleve Wed 10-Apr-19 17:15:19

It's my daughter's favourite bit though!

Sonicknuckles Wed 10-Apr-19 17:20:59

I love Gigglebiz especially the maid Marian sketch

LucyAutumn Wed 10-Apr-19 17:28:30

I hate the puppet thing angry

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »