Talk

Advanced search

What random / secret things do you find attractive?!

(466 Posts)
Luckyduck88 Thu 21-Feb-19 17:05:08

So... here are the random things I find attractive in a man.

-someone who is good at catching. This sporting prowess makes me weak at the knees.

-an effortless parallel parker. Swoon.

-Smoking. Hear me out... I do not want a smoker in fact I'd actively avoid a man that smokes... but deep down maybe it's the Hollywood old school glamour (or more likely deep seated crushes on the bad boy at school lighting up behind the bike shed) hangs head in shame

What are your slightly less obvious 'secret' things that make you fancy someone?

ApocalypseNowt Thu 21-Feb-19 17:06:43

Men with nice forearms who put their hand and the back of the passenger seat headrest when reversing a car.

ApocalypseNowt Thu 21-Feb-19 17:07:00

^on

erja Thu 21-Feb-19 17:07:33

I had a laugh at your first one, I'm not even sure why!
Completely agree with the parking one (especially when they do that thing where they put their arm round the back of your seat while they look behind...!)
Also agree about the smoking one. I'd actively not date a smoker but sometimes...blush

Mine are a bit too general and more personality types so can't think of any but I'm going to jump back on if I do! grin

Aprilshowersarecomingsoon Thu 21-Feb-19 17:09:13

Workman in a hiviz....

BeckyButterworth Thu 21-Feb-19 17:10:24

Really good posture, the kind that looks effortless, iykwim.

ShakeYourTailFeathers Thu 21-Feb-19 17:10:47

You'd love DH OP - he's awesome at parallel parking. He even parallel parked our caravan once.

He doesn't put his hand on the headrest though. We have a backup camera grin

mistermagpie Thu 21-Feb-19 17:11:52

Men who have slightly bandy legs! Like Andrew Lincoln in the walking dead. I don't find anything else about him particularly attractive but I always find bow-legged men a bit sexy. Weird.

hoodathunkit Thu 21-Feb-19 17:12:16

A willingness to dive into ponds and rivers risk being stung in order to rescue bees from death by drowning.

Always makes me go weak at the knees.

easyandy101 Thu 21-Feb-19 17:13:20

Girls with really well muscled backs and shoulders

MeganChips Thu 21-Feb-19 17:13:25

Veiny forearms, aftershave and pock marks.

I think it harks back to the boys I had crushes on in my teens.

erja Thu 21-Feb-19 17:14:08

Arm tattoos - but that's not too random!

Nottobesoldseparately Thu 21-Feb-19 17:14:37

A good forearm, is not so random.
I know plenty of women who swoon at a good forearm, myself included.

And I don't get the bit about reversing, with the arm round the passenger seat, I think because I do it. Don't think you'd swoon at me!

One of my random swoons is men, usually army or cops with their trousers tucked into their laced up boots. Wow!

Disfordarkchocolate Thu 21-Feb-19 17:16:16

A very straight nose
Green eyes
Awesome parallel parking skills
Luckily my husband has all three.

luckiestgirl Thu 21-Feb-19 17:17:15

Oooh forearm on headrest when reversing — YES!

In fact, forearms in general. Especially in rolled up white shirt sleeves.

Especially resting on the window while driving.

iklboo Thu 21-Feb-19 17:17:33

Nice forearms
Great thighs
A biggish nose

Smoking is an absolute turn off for me.

Mother87 Thu 21-Feb-19 17:18:06

When OTHER (cute) men put their hand on the back of the headrest when reversingblushwhen DH does it, he misses whacking me in the face by 2.5mm... actually can't remember being in a car with a cute man so who am I trying to kidgrin

EggysMom Thu 21-Feb-19 17:18:19

Men that smell nice. I think it comes from a first boyfriend who always made the effort, I could snuggle and inhale him for hours. I can't even tell you what scent he wore - just that he obviously made an effort, and it's stuck with me since!

redtreesummer Thu 21-Feb-19 17:18:42

flak jackets

luckiestgirl Thu 21-Feb-19 17:19:09

Oh I forgot it had to be odd. Mine are quite mainstream.
Ok how about men in scruffy woolly jumpers. That seems to be pretty niche.

noego Thu 21-Feb-19 17:19:49

Bookmarking
This'll be interesting smile

VictoriaBun Thu 21-Feb-19 17:20:30

A man with sturdy legs. Which is ideal because I do not like skinny men and like a bit of meat on mine. Also a man that goes out the door in the morning clean ,but comes home a little bit more manly smell ( obvs not stinky b.o ) but a tad more sweaty / hard at work / can tell they are a man smell .

colourrunruinedmyhair Thu 21-Feb-19 17:22:49

Another vote for men with nice firearms here and nice hands, and men who have bracelets (leather friendship style) blush

colourrunruinedmyhair Thu 21-Feb-19 17:23:20

*forearms not firearms grin

InsomniaTho Thu 21-Feb-19 17:23:23

Not smoking but someone rolling a cigarette. No idea why.

Shirt sleeves rolled up.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »