Talk

Advanced search

Should I tell him he drank my mooncup water?

(262 Posts)
mooncupbeverage Fri 30-Nov-18 12:00:44

I have namechanged for this. I've been pondering whether to tell him?

This morning I sterilised my mooncup (hasn't been sterilised since last period) in boiling water in a mug. Used the tongs to get it out and took it upstairs but in rush of getting DCs out of the door for school forgot to get rid of the boiling water and put the mug in the dishwasher.

DH has recently taken to drinking hot water plain - he alternates it with coffee as he says it makes his breath better.

He drank the mooncup water and was finishing the mug as he left for work.

There's no point in telling him is there?

PinkHeart5914 Fri 30-Nov-18 12:01:25

No never tell, take it to your grave 🤮

WTBE Fri 30-Nov-18 12:01:56

hmm yuk.

mooncupbeverage Fri 30-Nov-18 12:04:50

I know I'm a minger for not moving the cup. Feel a bit bad but not like it hadn't been rinsed before putting away after last period.

user1484424013 Fri 30-Nov-18 12:05:16

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 thank you needed this

ExplodedPeach Fri 30-Nov-18 12:06:37

good god no don't tell him. What on earth would it achieve.

It sounds grim, but the boiling water would have killed anything and presumably it was rinsed before you sterilised it (or he'd have noticed!) so although my initial reaction was "eugh", logically it's not thaat bad

Holstenlane Fri 30-Nov-18 12:06:52

Missing point of thread here but... do you just boil the kettle, pour it in a mug and then pop your moon cup in? Because that's not sterilized. That's just sitting in warm water (no longer boiling) for a few minutes which does nothing to the bacteria.

You need to boil it in a pan on the bob for 5 to 7 minutes, or use sterilizing liquids like Milton (same stuff used for baby equipment).

Holstenlane Fri 30-Nov-18 12:07:32

*hob

WTBE Fri 30-Nov-18 12:08:06

Presumably you will have to kiss that mouth later? So don't feel bad, that can be your karma 😂

FissionChips Fri 30-Nov-18 12:09:13

That actually made me retch.

staffiegirl Fri 30-Nov-18 12:11:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SandAndSea Fri 30-Nov-18 12:12:22

Best to keep quiet, I think. It's done now and you can't undo it. Telling him will achieve nothing good.

(I also agree that you need to boil it in a pan.)

mooncupbeverage Fri 30-Nov-18 12:12:43

*Holsten
I put it in the microwave

SneakyGremlins Fri 30-Nov-18 12:13:27

confused

halfwitpicker Fri 30-Nov-18 12:14:53

Yeah... Don't mention it matey

Justmuddlingalong Fri 30-Nov-18 12:14:56

Bleugh 🤢 Steeping it in a mug of hot water is not sterilising your mooncup. You should be boiling it or using sterilising tablets or liquid after cleaning it. Using a mug, which is left lying on the kitchen bunker is boak inducing. I wouldn't tell him he drank it, but I would up your game when it comes to hygiene.

mooncupbeverage Fri 30-Nov-18 12:14:56

*WTBE
True. He'll have drank enough coffee (and non mooncup hot water) by later to have sterilised his mouth though confused

MamaLovesMango Fri 30-Nov-18 12:15:43

I would totally tell him just to see his face

viques Fri 30-Nov-18 12:15:46

I suppose if you feel you have to make recompense you could introduce the penis beaker to your household and do your own bush tucker trial (to coin a phrase)

viques Fri 30-Nov-18 12:15:48

I suppose if you feel you have to make recompense you could introduce the penis beaker to your household and do your own bush tucker trial (to coin a phrase)

Louiselouie0890 Fri 30-Nov-18 12:18:56

Why is he just drinking random water? Did he think you had made him a cup? If so that's fucking hilarious although absolutely vile 😂😂😂

mooncupbeverage Fri 30-Nov-18 12:19:09

*viques
I did think of the penis beaker!

Logically it had been rinsed before boiling and we do share other bodily fluids with our mouths so I think I'll not tell him, try and erase it from my memory and as a period poster said, not leave my scummy mooncup mug around the kitchen.

DyslexicNotThick Fri 30-Nov-18 12:19:35

Am I the only one wondering why you haven't got a specific mug for this purpose? An easily identifiable mug that you and DH knows is for sterilising your mooncup.

Do you then dishwash this mug and carry on to make a brew in it? I know some people are happy to stick their loo brush in the dishwasher but there is no way on this planet I would knowingly drink a cuppa out of this mug!

mooncupbeverage Fri 30-Nov-18 12:19:46

*previous poster not period poster. Periods on the brain.

Skyejuly Fri 30-Nov-18 12:20:44

It's not ideal but it's not that bad. Don't tell him

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »