Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To have expected logs to be stacked?

(207 Posts)
Changerazelea Thu 05-Oct-17 17:55:26

Had a delivery of logs today, delivery driver tipped them in my driveway and then proceeded to tell me "We don't stack love"
Spent the next 2 hours moving and stacking them into my garage while DS screamed and I berated myself for not being assertive enough to have insisted driver helped me move into garage.
Does common courtesy no longer exist? Driver seeing me with baby in arms surely should have offered to help...
First world problems but AIBU?

Witsender Thu 05-Oct-17 17:56:30

I've never known a log company to stack them. It would take them forever to make their rounds!

JustHereForThePooStories Thu 05-Oct-17 17:56:58

You're being unreasonable. The driver delivered- why would he spend two hours stacking logs out of "courtesy"?

Rachie1973 Thu 05-Oct-17 17:57:12

Their job begins and ends with the delivery I'm afraid.

blackteasplease Thu 05-Oct-17 17:57:20

Of course they should stack them as part of the service (I would have thought).

Have you tried ringing the company and finding out whether they are meant to stack them.

The use of "love" would annoy me on it's own!

LovelyPrep Thu 05-Oct-17 17:57:34

They'd do hardly any deliveries if they had to spend 2 hours stacking everyone's logs!

AllTheWittyNamesAreGone Thu 05-Oct-17 17:57:36

Yabu That's usual.

spanieleyes Thu 05-Oct-17 17:57:48

Yes, you paid ( presumably) for delivery which is what you got! You should have asked when you purchased them about delivery, but you can't really expect a delivery driver to spend 2 hours stacking logs for you!

chickenowner Thu 05-Oct-17 17:58:03

Our log delivery company stack our logs, and they look beautiful!

Maybe change companies...

blackteasplease Thu 05-Oct-17 17:58:20

If it's not part of the service (as found out when you phone them) you will at least know to have someone there to help next time.

SaucyJack Thu 05-Oct-17 17:58:47

I think YABU, yeah. You bought logs. Logs were delivered.

Did you pay significantly over the odds for them? It's not usually up to a delivery driver to arrange something where you'd like it in your home.

Changerazelea Thu 05-Oct-17 17:59:10

Suppose I understand that it wouldn't be normal to stack every delivery they make but Is it unreasonable to have expected some help with a tiny baby in arms?

FannyWisdom Thu 05-Oct-17 17:59:14

Part of the beauty of burning them is hoofing them around.
They never stack.
Don't ask the coal man to keep the sack either.
Makes em go funny.

StatueInTheSky Thu 05-Oct-17 17:59:14

they'd make no money at all if they stacked logs all day!

Really really YABU to expect him to do this for free! I'd say you need to realise the difference between assertive and entitled.

Trailedanderror Thu 05-Oct-17 17:59:37

It's not courtesy, it's his livelihood. If it took you 2 hours imagine how many fewer deliveries he'd be able to make, and how much less money. It could easily be the difference between making a loss and a profit.
You can definitely ask for them to be delivered as near to where you want them stacked as he can access. And you'll be quicker next time!

Redglitter Thu 05-Oct-17 17:59:46

I don't think you'd have had much success 'insisting' he did anything. My ex used to get lots delivered and they were never left stacked. In fact they were rarely left anywhere convenient.

Is asking for them to be stacked not sort of like expecting your Tesco delivery man to put your groceries away smile

HelloCanYouHearMe Thu 05-Oct-17 17:59:50

YABVVU... My logs are always tipped onto the drive usually right infront of the garage door so i cant get the bastard thing open and I spend an age stacking them in the garage

Orangeplastic Thu 05-Oct-17 17:59:55

I think you should have requested stacking when ordering - but I've never had even a whiff of any company offering even a pain service. Pay a local teen.

oldlaundbooth Thu 05-Oct-17 17:59:57

Er, yes.

The don't work for free, love hmm

Orangeplastic Thu 05-Oct-17 18:01:01

paid service!!

blackteasplease Thu 05-Oct-17 18:01:19

I don't think it would take them 2 hours on top of what they did. It took the OP two hours because she had a toddler alongside.

Or if not stacked I would have expected them to put them in the place where you want them to be rather than on the drive.

But I have never actually had logs delivered. I'm just thinking of what the water softening salt deliver company do as that's of similar weight and bulk and can't be left on the drive until someone who is strong enough to lift it arrives

SingingMySong Thu 05-Oct-17 18:01:44

No they always dump 'em.

My children have been helping heft them round to the back garden since they were toddlers. It's a good use for toy buggies!

Scoobydoobydont Thu 05-Oct-17 18:02:30

Suppose I understand that it wouldn't be normal to stack every delivery they make but Is it unreasonable to have expected some help with a tiny baby in arms?

Er yes. Really, really unreasonable.

Surely you can see that?

Changerazelea Thu 05-Oct-17 18:02:53

Wetting myself here at the reply about knowing the "difference between assertive and entitled"grin
Ordinarily I totally get it but it is really unreasonable to have expected some help as I had a baby in arms?

Danceswithwarthogs Thu 05-Oct-17 18:03:04

Nope, never known log man to stack them... tho putting tarpaulin down underneath can make them slightry easier/less messy.... unless you paid a fortune per cubic m.

Holding a tiny baby is really here nor there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now