Talk

Advanced search

Ugly new fashions?

(151 Posts)
SilverDoo Sat 01-Apr-17 19:56:49

Just been browsing the topshop website... AIBU and maybe getting old to think that these clothes are really ugly?

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Sat 01-Apr-17 19:58:57

The yellow ones are hideous.

Other two aren't so bad.

cardibach Sat 01-Apr-17 19:59:10

The first and last aren't too bad apart from the footwear choice. The middle one is vile though!

SilverDoo Sat 01-Apr-17 20:00:19

This one then....

Yoksha Sat 01-Apr-17 20:00:50

I'm in agreement here OP. Have been shopping for my summer wardrobe, & I'd come to the conclusion I'd somehow lost my mojo for clothes shopping.

SilverDoo Sat 01-Apr-17 20:01:29

Yes it was the footwear combo that made me wince on a few of them

cardibach Sat 01-Apr-17 20:02:00

Again, made much worse by footwear choice. Although it's pretty shapeless anyway...

Sparklingbrook Sat 01-Apr-17 20:02:13

These are a bit alarming

SilverDoo Sat 01-Apr-17 20:04:51

Yes! Just so unflattering, even on a gorgeous model...

NotStoppedAllDay Sat 01-Apr-17 20:06:04

I hate the 'cold shoulder' tops

Make me shudder! Unflattering

Sparklingbrook Sat 01-Apr-17 20:06:11

I hate the cold shoulder tops. This would be handy if you were having an injection maybe...

Here

CigarsofthePharoahs Sat 01-Apr-17 20:06:40

Aagh!
What are these monstrosities?
The first pair look like something my grandad used to wear!
They all look like the models had a sudden growth spurt but couldn't afford new clothes!

SilentlyScreamingAgain Sat 01-Apr-17 20:07:51

I'm wearing something a bit like the first pair of trews posted but full length. They might be ugly but I look like MC Hammer and that's a win for me.

SilverDoo Sat 01-Apr-17 20:09:20

The first pair would be fine long though, obviously without the pointy boots...

BigBrownSofa123 Sat 01-Apr-17 20:10:55

Oh I quite like the yellow ones, they look v comfy.
The footwear is hideous though.
It's not so new but I hate all the bloody cut out stuff.

NeonGod73 Sat 01-Apr-17 20:11:29

It's the high waisted jeans/ trousers that give me the creeps. I see them on teenagers and think, you dumb little freaks! They just look ugly on anyone. Nobody can make them look okay.

MiddlingMum Sat 01-Apr-17 20:11:34

I don't think I've ever worn fashionable clothes, but I saw a couple of people in really shapeless trousers today and thought how glad I was to be out of that whole thing of needing to follow a trend.

Electrolens Sat 01-Apr-17 20:11:37

I've noticed a just graduated wearing similar in the office, she is tall and slim and lovely looking and looks fantastic in ankle skimming trousers baggy tops and boots. I however am 10 years older and would look like a sack of spuds. So I stick to what I know! YANBU

Sparklingbrook Sat 01-Apr-17 20:12:12

Why do people want to expose their shoulders with cut out bits?

Electrolens Sat 01-Apr-17 20:12:13

I'm not saying you couldn't carry it off of course op smile

ohfourfoxache Sat 01-Apr-17 20:17:32

The cut out shoulder thing is quite comfy if it's really baggy

<disclaimer: pregnant, fat and sweaty blush >

MiddlingMum Sat 01-Apr-17 20:20:31

Surely if it's cold enough to need long sleeves you'd want to have all of your arms warm? Speaking as someone who tends to dress for comfort rather than fashion.

Sparklingbrook Sat 01-Apr-17 20:20:53

I think the cut off shoulder thing looks really, really weird. Like 'look at my shoulders!' Just wear a strappy top if you want folk to see your amazing shoulders. grin

MrsDoylesTeabags Sat 01-Apr-17 20:21:04

I really don't like cold shoulder tops, I don't see the point in them and the fashion now seems to be for really weird fancy sleeves which I really don't like. I was talking to a woman the other day and she was wearing this really nice dress but it had got these flared sleeves and she kept putting her hand behind her back it looked like she had no arms, it was reeally distracting.
I mean who would look good in this

olderthanyouthink Sat 01-Apr-17 20:24:20

I can't get on board with off the shoulder tops because I hate wearing strapless bras. I don't like the cut out shoulder tops because they look silly.

Wide short trousers just look wrong to me but I think I want some wide long ones because they'd be comfy.

I'm 21 btw but I'm also ancient it seems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now