Talk

Advanced search

to ask you what your earliest symptoms were in pregnancy?

(173 Posts)
LemmyJ Thu 29-Sep-16 09:10:52

I'm 16 weeks pg and first noticed symptoms about a week before my missed AF. Friends and family disbelieve this and seem to think I must have imagined the symptoms hmm so, out of interest when were your first symptoms of pregnancy and what were they?

Soubriquet Thu 29-Sep-16 09:14:04

Extreme tiredness
Going off my tea (big one for me)

Squtternutbosch Thu 29-Sep-16 09:14:18

Sore nipples, chest acne and just a "feeling", all of which I started noticing around 9 dpo, so a bit under a week before my period was due. Took a PG test at 9 dpo and it was negative. Took another 10 dpo and got my first faint positive.

Am now 35+ 3 and seriously uncomfortable!

Squtternutbosch Thu 29-Sep-16 09:14:30

Ps congrats on your pregnancy!

onemorecupofcoffeefortheroad Thu 29-Sep-16 09:15:25

I couldn't eat a dinner I had cooked - it was meat in a rich Japanese sauce which I'd always really loved.

lostoldlogin2 Thu 29-Sep-16 09:15:27

With this one (2nd) Milk production. Before a pregnancy test registered anything!

DoubleCarrick Thu 29-Sep-16 09:17:08

Puking (and heaving) at the smell of bread - about six days before AF was due. That happened with both pregnancies

DerekSprechenZeDick Thu 29-Sep-16 09:17:55

Oh erm.. mine started at like 27 week and it was a pregnancy test before my depo injection.

Around 30 week I got the bump and then SPD followed by carpel tunnel.

Before 27 not fucking thing!

LRDtheFeministDragon Thu 29-Sep-16 09:19:42

Not me, but DP had fertility treatment and consequently was required to test as early as possible (which is ridiculously early). She spent roughly a day after the positive test saying plaintively 'I hope it's ok ... I don't feel pregnant ...' before the nausea hit.

Mind you, she was on some pregnancy-supporting medication and that is known for giving you stronger/earlier side effects. Perhaps if your body is naturally super at being pregnant (ie., does what the medication does all on its own) it'd be the same?

LouBlue1507 Thu 29-Sep-16 09:22:20

Sore boobs! Even joked about 'how I must be up the duff'... Was then a day late for my period, positive test.. It was no longer a joke and shit got real! 😳😅🙈

OneForTheRoadThen Thu 29-Sep-16 09:22:33

Really vivid and sometimes terrifying dreams. Those started before I missed my period and continued even after I gave birth.

I fainted on holiday and I've never fainted before in my life.

Champagneformyrealfriends Thu 29-Sep-16 09:22:38

Very strong period style pains but no period. Some anxiety too though I was 8 weeks off getting married and family were driving me mad! I started being sick at about 6/7 weeks. Tiredness didn't kick in until the second trimester for me though.

BitchQueen90 Thu 29-Sep-16 09:23:31

I didn't have any symptoms at all, but we weren't trying so I wasn't really paying attention. It was only when I realised my period was a week late that I did a test.

EdmundCleverClogs Thu 29-Sep-16 09:24:47

Same as Derek! No one could have told I was pregnant until the third trimester. The SPD in tri3 was horrendous though, as was the heartburn in the final few weeks.

I did have cramps before I tested (we were trying), but wasn't any different from 'period about to start' ones. No implant bleed, no sickness, no sympathy....

Ladybird333 Thu 29-Sep-16 09:26:39

Sore nipples. Seriously sore. Like they were in a vice. About a week before missed period.

PixieMiss Thu 29-Sep-16 09:27:04

My temper flared and it very rarely does blush

I knew then something wasn't quite right!

humblesims Thu 29-Sep-16 09:29:01

sore boobs/nipples.

CeeCeeEnnEss Thu 29-Sep-16 09:31:30

Nothing tasted right, and I was tired.

Prawnofthepatriarchy Thu 29-Sep-16 09:35:09

I was "front of house" for a symposium I and others had organised. Had said for months there were massive problems in terms of budget etc. Knew it was bound to be a disaster.

Come the day I just floated over it. Yes, it wasn't a success but it went better than expected because I felt insulated and therefore remained super calm. I was so different from normal.

On the way home the penny dropped. Bought a test and there you go. Next came the exhaustion.

VanellopeVonSchweetz99 Thu 29-Sep-16 09:35:24

Bleeding gums, thinking the whole hose smelled like a bin.

EllieHandMeDownBaby Thu 29-Sep-16 09:38:22

My boobs started getting bigger almost immediately. As if they needed to be any bigger than they were already, ffs.
That plus a + test result as we were doing IVF so tested super early.

I had all the bizarre symptoms in my pregnancies though: nose bleeds, completely went off alcohol (so much so that it tasted awful to me. Not a bad thing, but weird!), completely went off tuna and lots of other fish even though I love fish usually. Also had terrible carpal tunnel with my 1st pregnancy, but not til late 2nd trimester.

VanellopeVonSchweetz99 Thu 29-Sep-16 09:38:29

house

about a week before missed period here too

Foggymist Thu 29-Sep-16 09:38:33

I was absolutely exhausted, I was off work for the week anyway, slept 13 hours two nights and was still exhausted in the morning. That was 10 dpo, got bfp when my period was four hours late (like clockwork usually)

Degustibusnonestdisputandem Thu 29-Sep-16 09:40:32

Extreme tiredness like I've never known before (twin pregnancy) followed by sore boobs

Ebbenmeowgi Thu 29-Sep-16 09:40:50

My very first symptom (before missing period) was a feeling sort of like anxiety in my stomach, as though my body was feeling anxiety but my brain wasn't. Happened both times I've been pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now