To think rob titchener...

(24 Posts)
Figmentofmyimagination Fri 11-Mar-16 19:17:58

...is so vile. Some great writing from the archers at the moment - how can Helen not see it. I can hardly bear to listen.

DownWithTitchenor Fri 11-Mar-16 19:21:51

It's awful and his mother is as bad - and why isn't Kirsty doing something. I used to listen to relax...

DownWithTitchenor Fri 11-Mar-16 19:22:36

Oh and I realised that had spelt the name incorrectly, but figured that it would really annoy him!

MakeItRain Fri 11-Mar-16 19:24:18

It's horrible to listen to! I keep wondering where they're going to go with this story.

daisychain01 Fri 11-Mar-16 19:24:34

He's an utter slimeball. Vile.
If there was an award for "gas-lighter of the Year" he would win it hands down.

DownWithTitchenor Fri 11-Mar-16 19:27:09

And don't get me started on the boarding school for a 6 year old nonsense.

I can just imagine Pat "Well if it's what Helen wants..." - she won't actually speak to Helen though!

Momamum Fri 11-Mar-16 19:43:40

'Titchienob' sounds about right, tho.

Seriously, I don't know how much longer I can listen to this.

S o'C, while getting so much wrong (the magically expanding house to accommodate Ursula in her own room a recent example) has got such a lot right, and this unfolding tale of abuse is spot-on, and all power to the actors for delivering the lines so well, I applaud them.

Just....not in The Archers?

Want so much for it to all end, tho.sad

confusedandemployed Fri 11-Mar-16 19:46:18

It's been a very well written storyline, but The Archers is a soap and I think it's overrun now. Time to bring this pure hell to a satisfying conclusion.

Figmentofmyimagination Fri 11-Mar-16 19:53:59

Yes, well he certainly can't be a long term character, as the dramatic tension is just too much to fit - (unless he has the usual archer's personality change, a la pip, Roy etc etc) - so they must plan to get rid of him. Hopefully it will be a suitably satisfying end and I will be able to go back to vaguely listening to relaxing background noise again.

JessTitchener Fri 11-Mar-16 20:31:16

Well I'm certainly hoping to see him head first in a slurry pit anytime soon.

Charley50 Fri 11-Mar-16 21:14:58

I liked the storyline at first but now I can't bear it or listen to it anymore.

Pancakeflipper Fri 11-Mar-16 21:23:10

I think Helen is going to murder him.

Gosh I am cheery tonight.

DownWithTitchenor Sat 12-Mar-16 06:58:30

I hope not; nobody in the village seems capable of speaking out about him! Helen would be doomed.

I think the DV will escalate. Arsula must have heard the row and Rob sobbing in the bathroom - I can't believe she didn't get involved.

I do worry they Henry will be sent off to boarding school before the story ends - Rob is doing a great job of persuading Helen that she is quite mad and not coping.

Narp Sat 12-Mar-16 07:00:02

I am finding hard to listen to now. I think it's so cleverly written.

Narp Sat 12-Mar-16 07:01:23

I think the fact that it's a radio show means they've been able to really show the subtleties of emotional abuse. I think it's pretty educational

Barmaid101 Sat 12-Mar-16 09:08:23

I think it's a brilliant storyline, and it has been brilliant to educate people on abuse. My husband has listened to the archers for years and it's since this storyline I've started getting no into it.
I am disappointed that they have only just put the number up for advice on domestic abuse. It should have been done at an earlier stage.
I was so pleased to hear Helen stand up for herself but was screaming at the radio with rob telling her she needed help!
Come on Kirsty! Now is your time to shine

redshoeblueshoe Sat 12-Mar-16 09:26:50

It really is time Helen came on MN.

I know my DH loves me, he is sooo kind and caring
He really knows how to look after me
And his mum is so lovely

Last night I upset him, and he hit me.
Its all my fault

Do not tell me to LTB
I really love him, and I know he really loves me

His first wife did not understand him
Not like I do, we are soulmates

Hellen run fast, and do not stop

GruntledOne Sat 12-Mar-16 09:30:48

And don't get me started on the boarding school for a 6 year old nonsense.

5 years old, and only just 5 at that.

GruntledOne Sat 12-Mar-16 09:33:38

Whenever I hear that awful false laugh of his I feel I need to strangle him. It must quite dangerous for the actor to be out in public, if he ever laughs there must be several people instinctively turning to punch him.

Helenluvsrob Sat 12-Mar-16 09:37:40

But he loves me so much. I just don't really know what's going on.

I've posted a thread. I just get so muddled though. I think maybe I do need psychiatric help. I must be horrible as all my friends don't speak to me any more and Henry hates me sad

Just managed to flush the porridge with all that cream down the loo ( bleugh) and they've all gone out. Have to go now incase they are back. I've found out how to clear the history on Henry's tablet thank goodness. Can't find my wellies though to fo out in the sunshine. My memory ...

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/radio_addicts/2590205-AIBU-to-ask-for-relationships-advice-here?

snowymountaintops Sat 12-Mar-16 09:40:59

It's horrible sad. I surprised myself last night by yelling at the radio 'stand up to him Helen' so pleased that she got angry with him but then of course it was all turned in on her.

It is really distressing to listen to isn't it.

redshoeblueshoe Sat 12-Mar-16 09:46:40

Helen I am so glad you have found this thread.

Gruntled - I do worry if Knob was in the behind me in the queue in the supermarket and he did that laugh - would I just turn round and slap him. I think I would

DownWithTitchenor Sat 12-Mar-16 12:51:14

5 - I thought he was a year older than that!

Twowrongsdontmakearight Sat 12-Mar-16 14:18:05

Finding this story line very frustrating. How can Helen's mother not be popping in to see her daughter or coming to see her while she's at home?? Why does she keep taking Rob's word for it? Why has she had such a personality change? She was a feminist. Surely she doesn't buy into Helen not working at all and being unable to drive without seeing for herself. Aargh! It's driving me nuts!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now