Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Amazon delivery after 9 pm?

(21 Posts)
FurryDogMother Mon 02-Nov-15 21:32:04

I really don't know whether I'm being unreasonable here - but as an Amazon Prime user I get next day delivery. Until this week, that's always been at a reasonable hour - maybe up to 7 pm, but no later - tonight, they turned up at 9.15 - at which point I was in the middle of complaining to their online chat people who were assuring me delivery would be before 10 pm. AIBU to think that most people don't want delivery people ringing the doorbell after, say, 7 pm?

I would far rather have had them apologise for a late delivery, and bring the stuff tomorrow, than be sitting here yawning my head off, desperate to go to bed, but unable to because I knew they were on their way and about to ring the bell. I don't have young kids in the house, but can imagine it might really piss off those who do!

This has never happened until this week, dunno if they're getting ready for the Xmas rush or something, but honestly, I don't want my delivery window to be open until 10 pm at night!

Please don't bother telling me IABU to use Amazon in the first place cos of their failure to pay tax etc. - I know that already smile

PitBlackwell Mon 02-Nov-15 21:36:09

I've noticed them getting later and later. I was pissed off with 6.30 pm arrivals. 9.15pm is ridiculous and not on at all.

Catzpyjamas Mon 02-Nov-15 21:37:04

YANBU. This drove me mad last year. I changed my delivery address to my work and ticked it as a business address so they deliver before 6pm. It also means that someone is always there to receive the parcel. It does help if you have an agreeable boss though. wink

rubyflipper Mon 02-Nov-15 21:39:10

YANBU.
And not everything comes the next day, either.
I have a free Prime account - there's no way I'd pay for it.

Junosmum Mon 02-Nov-15 21:51:34

To be honest I'd rather they delivered it at 10pm than 10am, I'm at work during the day and hate having to go to the depo to collect.

PitBlackwell Mon 02-Nov-15 21:55:02

I will concede that if you know it's coming then, it's not so bad. However, unexpected knocks on the door late on make me quite anxious. After 6pm, you sort of think they aren't coming.

LookAtAllThesePhucksIGive Mon 02-Nov-15 22:20:06

I like it. I always get a little thrill when I see it's a prime item. Never not had an item arrive the next day. You could always tick the 'before 1pm' box if you've £4.49 to spare. I took a gamble on this once with a birthday present. It arrived at 12.50pm. We've gotten to know our local parcel delivery guy and he's lovely. He's working to bring his family over from Syria. He doesn't want to be knocking on your door that late anymore than you do.

GinandJag Mon 02-Nov-15 22:22:19

10pm wouldn't bother me.

Shutthatdoor Mon 02-Nov-15 22:23:27

It does say in their t&c that they can deliver up to 9pm

whois Mon 02-Nov-15 22:24:02

Wouldn't bother me. At least I'm more likely to be in at 1ppm.

FurryDogMother Mon 02-Nov-15 22:31:30

I regret being a bit snarky with the delivery guy tonight, cos I know it's not his fault - but he seemed to kind of expect it (looked like he was ducking even before I opened the door!). I didn't realise it was in the T&C that they can deliver up to 9 pm - now I know, that's fine, but after 9 still isn't, really. I would have been delighted,. I suppose, if it had been something I was desperate for, but it wasn't - so it would have been nice to be able to specify 'no delivery after 7 pm' when placing the order. On the other hand have had fun trying out OPI's Liquid Sand nail polish (which was part of the order) tonight, and am feeling a lot less peeved and more cheerful now :D

CatMilkMan Mon 02-Nov-15 22:34:44

I probably have an Amazon delivery twice a week and only ever had one issue and they sorted it out very quickly, I have only had an evening delivery once and it was expected as it was Amazon now.

5Foot5 Mon 02-Nov-15 22:35:18

I think that's pretty good actually. I would much rather something turned up at 9pm than 5pm as then I will be in to receive it whereas at 5pm I will still be at work.

And are you really yawning your head off and ready for bed at 9:15pm. Wow!

FurryDogMother Mon 02-Nov-15 22:37:47

Yeah, I am - had a bit of an extreme night out on Saturday - forgot I really do have a gluten intolerance, as opposed to a fashionable one, and spent the night in a friend's loo as a result. Just caught up a bit on sleep yesterday, and was planning on an early night tonight. Hasn't happened!

BikeRunSki Mon 02-Nov-15 22:41:08

We got an Amazon parcel about 9.30pm a couple of weeks ago. The driver did apologise, said he was covering someone else's round as well as his. We were surprised, but not upset. As someone else said, if it had been before 5.30pm, I would;t have been in.

Snossidge Mon 02-Nov-15 22:42:16

I had one after 9 on Saturday, but the poor delivery woman looked super stressed and said she'd been working since 8am and still hadn't got through everything. I bet they don't get paid overtime!

GreenPetal94 Mon 02-Nov-15 22:46:35

I actually like evening deliveries as I'm in after 6 only. I would never be in bed before 11 though.

CatMilkMan Mon 02-Nov-15 22:50:10

That sucks OP, hope your feeling better soon. (But go to bed its almost 11 and the packaged arrived ages ago?)

Oysterbabe Mon 02-Nov-15 23:24:20

I think most people are still up at 9.

nocoolnamesleft Mon 02-Nov-15 23:28:11

Blimey, if they could guarantee delivering that time, I'd consider it worth signing up to prime. Imagine, actually getting parcels arrive when you've got a fighting chance of being home from work...

Glitteryred Mon 02-Nov-15 23:30:57

I would never be snarky to a delivery driver, what is the point.
They are the ones having to drive around to deliver everyone's packages whilst we are snuggled up at home doing our internet shopping.

Be kind and have some empathy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now