Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Just need to get a grip

cantstopeating01 · 16/11/2018 15:02

I know it’s all emotional. Especially this time of year . Have lost my best friend whom I loved dearly and after years of contact every single day it’s gone . I hate cancer . I thought a few months on I would do better and some days I do and I had a great week last week . Lost 2lbs . Now this week I’m eating anything. I’m afraid if I continue I’m going to end up sick myself . My stomach is in the way , hate how I look. I know the key really is to get out enjoy my life but I’m so lonely for my friend . I don’t have many friends , husband works away and kids just about grown up . Need to find some hobbies maybe . Something to fill the void which I don’t put in my mouth .
Hoping by writing I might cop on

OP's posts:
Please
or

Hettieinvestigates · 16/11/2018 20:32

I feel your pain cantstopeating. I’m an emotional eater too and after a very close bereavement my eating has spiralled out of control. I enjoy healthy food and feel awful after eating junk, but I seem to choose the fat, sugary option every time!

Please
or

cantstopeating01 · 16/11/2018 20:51

It’s so so hard . Sorry for your loss . Well went to Starbucks with family while shopping earlier . I had a fruit bowl . Was pleased . Threw out the box of haribos but I am going to finish the last couple of chewy ginger biscuits with tea now then I pray I can wake up tomorrow and just feel I can get on top of it . Just feel such a void. Look fine on the outside but inside I’m lost . Going to work on myself though

OP's posts:
Please
or

tootstastic · 16/11/2018 21:19

I'm sorry for your loss.

Regarding the weight...I've been in similar circumstances to you so many times and have self-sabotaged every time I've come close to really shifting all my weight.

I started on the Low Carb Bootcamp thread on here a month ago and it has been a revelation. I'm one of the biggest on there, but steadily losing the weight with the support of some really knowledgeable and lonely people. The reason I seem to have taken to it I think, is that I'm a sugar addict and this way of eating has totally taken the cravings and the desire to binge away.

Consider coming to join us.... https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/lowcarbb_bootcamp/3421338-Week-5-Low-Carb-Bootcamp-the-end-of-the-first-half
You can go back to Week1 and read all the great advice. I have a lot to lose and intend to keep going when the bootcamp finishes.

Please
or

tootstastic · 16/11/2018 21:20

*lovely people NOT lonely people!!

Please
or

cantstopeating01 · 16/11/2018 21:27

I guessed that lol . Thank you for your lovely words . Yeah I need to do something. So tired of feeling like this andclike hettie says I too like good healthy food but it’s like my mind can’t accept it now . I’m pretty sure if I ate healthier I would feel happier . Just feel like crying all the time . It’s so not like me although I have always had weight problems but they certainly have escalated now . Will have a read of the thread thank you 😊

OP's posts:
Please
or

tootstastic · 16/11/2018 21:36

Yes do, and have a look on spreadsheet of fabulousness. You'll see a range of weights, some just have a few pounds to lose and others, like me, who've over 100lbs to lose.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.