My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

slimmingworld recipes / meal ideas!! share here!!!!

55 replies

mia84 · 07/07/2006 15:41

For lunch i had 2 slices of nimble bread toast (HEB)and a tin of spaghetti!! as you can tell i need help with recipes!

OP posts:
mia84 · 07/07/2006 15:46

The other night i cooked
onions, peppers, mushrooms, red kidney beans, and quorn pieces fried in fry light, add tin of tomatoes some chilli powder and garlic. served with loads of rice. My boyf ate it and then said to me ' arent you supposed to be on a diet' so it must have been good! on a green day this is all SYN FREE!!

OP posts:
poppy90 · 07/07/2006 16:02

Last night I made mushroom rice (Gallo Riso) spinach with a poached egg on top! YUM

karenj1980 · 07/07/2006 16:14

mia i had what you had for lunch for breakfast. I am now using the weight watchers bread as a heb as you get three slices compared to the 2 on the new nimble bread.

Just going to the kitchen to tell you what I have down for the meal planner.........

FN · 07/07/2006 16:18

Lunchtime had Glenryck mackerel in spicy sauce (free on red) and turns out it was lovely no skin and no bones, was great over the salad as the sauce coated the lettuce etc.

Perfect when success express as can have 1/3 of plate with mackerel and potato for eg. and 2/3 salad or veg super free foods.

Would also go well hot or cold with pasta, rice, cous cous or jacket potato

Chicken Stir-Fry

Really easy fry light the chicken pieces (or quorn pieces if you like) add tin of stir fry veg for 2-3 minutes, add noodles and soy sauce or your spices to taste yummy all done in 15 mins and FREE on Green

karenj1980 · 07/07/2006 16:18

SAT - Quorn spag bol (free green day)
SUN - BBQ tesco h/l less 3% fat = half a syn each, quorn lamb burgers (red day)
MON - Youngs Lemon Fish (frozen), broc and carrots (red day) all free
TUES -Rocket salad with toms etc and 57g of goats cheese as my HEB (green day)
WEDS - baked bean pie (one HEA) free on green
THURS - Couscous salad
FRI - Cheese and onion mash, beans and lamb burgers (green day)

Just eaten pasta, mushrooms and 2 level tbsp of extra light mayo for 1.5 syns - i am stuffed xxx

mia84 · 07/07/2006 16:21

God you are organised!

How do you make the baked bean bake?? sounds nice!

OP posts:
karenj1980 · 07/07/2006 16:27

I tend to stick to plan if i meal plan this is what i have had so i'm on friday so cheesy mash tonight yum.

Right baked bean pie: You need a casserole dish, 6 quorn sausages, 2 tins of beans, 1 large onion, 700g of potatoes peeled and 28g 4 of cheese or 42g reduced fat cheese or mozarella can be used. I go for 28g * 4 cheese because of taste but I use a cheap one.

Cook 6 quorn sausages in the oven for 20 mins.
Whilst they are cooking put your spuds on to make mash for the topping, cut your onion into slices and cut your cheese into slices.

Thats all your prep.

Take quorn sausages out and cut each one into 3 pieces. Put them at bottom of casserole dish, then put two tins of cold baked beans on top and stir.

Put your onions on top as a layer.

Put your cheese on top as a layer.

Mash up your spuds and put on top of cheese.

Bung in the oven for 20-25 mins till you see the beans bubble out of the top.

SERVE. one quarter is one HEA. I love it.

mia84 · 07/07/2006 16:32

That sounds luurvvly! may even make it tonight!!
I should really plan! Will try to make one tonight!

OP posts:
karenj1980 · 07/07/2006 16:44

its so easy and cheap i have it every week without fail i think i may turn into one x

mia84 · 08/07/2006 12:16

Karen i had the bean bake last night was delish. I used the heinz mean beanz in mexican as they are free on green ( not sure about red ) The sweet chilli are also free if i remember correctly. yum.

I also bought yesterday the Kraft light italian dressing which is free and the thousand island light is half a syn per tbspn!! thats great for me as i like a bit of flavour to my salad!

OP posts:
SusiS · 08/07/2006 19:54

for lunch we had 'loaded potatoe skins' - and for dinner 'spaghetti bolognese with quorn and root veggies' - (first time quorn for us - hardly a difference!)

Tommy · 08/07/2006 20:15

I had Spanish omelette for lunch yesterday which was lovely - spring onions, potatoes, courgettes, peppers, eggs and half a HE of cheese on top. Had it with salad with Kraft Italian fat free dressing on it.

(am having non SW curry from Sainsbury's tonight... )

Tommy · 08/07/2006 20:15

but think I will try the baked bean thing - I love 'em!

SusiS · 09/07/2006 13:33

had a lovely lunch today! - fried eggs, potatoe rosti and quorn sausaged (green day obviously)

mia84 · 09/07/2006 16:17

For lunch i had an omlette with quorn sausage( slcied) mushroom, onion and red peppers. Sounds strange i know but was actually quite nice! Had a bunch of grapes for dessert!
Had half a weight watchers banoffe pie too .5 syns for the whole thing, but im being REALLY good!! no chocolate or crisps

Anyone know how many syns in a 5 bean chilli from wetherspoons??

OP posts:
mia84 · 09/07/2006 16:17

i meant 7.5 syns for the banofee pie

OP posts:
karenj1980 · 09/07/2006 17:05

No idea on the chilli this is my problem I am finding. I am sure I have something with info on the food for eating out but I will check at class too.

Ooh might try the different beans.

I went to a BBQ but decided to make some food myself so that I could eat so there was a huge egg salad, home made coleslaw and home made potatoe salad. I had a quarter of a tiny brownie and just the extra light mayo for my syns and just looked at the Pringles and said NO NO NO!

Off to do my meal planners and cupboard search to do the shopping list for tomorrow. Will post later on what I will be having for the week.

Tommy · 09/07/2006 18:11

the 5 bean chilli is pretty low in syns on green, if any at all, althought hey probably fry the veg in oil so I would guess about 3 per portion?
It's actually very nice as well !
Enjoy

mia84 · 09/07/2006 20:25

yeah i thought the chilli would be the best bet! And i didnt touch even one nacho!

I made the nacho thingies out of lasagne sheets last night! were very yum! Only ate a couple though because somebody said they had a syn value cos you can eat loads eaily?

Karen i think i'm gona try to plan my meals too!!

OP posts:
SusiS · 10/07/2006 07:50

my planned meals:

(used to do a complete week but i realised veg and fruit don't hold that long so i do 4 or 5 days now)

mon R: lunch = omlette (veggies and ham), dinner = chikken tikka (pasta HEB)

tue G: lunch = minestrone, dinner = spicy bean pie

wed R: lunch = mixed salad (cott.cheese, tuna for me / chicken bites for dp), dinner = beef casserole

thur G: lunch = load. pot. skins , dinner = veg. curry + rice

LemonTart · 10/07/2006 08:06

I love the HiFi bars but find them expensive and getting bored of the flavours. SW don?t ever tell you if the other cereal bars out there are worth a HE, only the syn value. I know some are too low fibre, but others look ok. Anyone know if there is a HE bar out there that I can eat (don?t eat cereal so it is my morning fix!)
Thanks

schneebly · 10/07/2006 08:09

I am going to join you in being organised this week susi! plan so far...
All green days

Wednesday
lunch - baked potato and beans
dinner - pasta with salad and oil free french dressing

Thursday
lunch - leftover pasta salad
dinner - quorn chilli and rice

Friday
lunch - homemade lentil soup and wholemeal bread
dinner - SW chips, beans and egg

Will do the rest as week goes on. I need to have a good week!

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

schneebly · 10/07/2006 08:12

Hi Lemontart - I would take the nutritional values of the hifi bar to the supermarket with you and compare the calories, fat and fibre and get one with roughly the same amounts - I am sure this would be fine although SW wont say that because they want you to spend a fortune on the hifi bars!

Tommy · 10/07/2006 09:01

I had some cereal bars from Sainsbury's a little while ago which I figured could be counted as a HE - their healthy eating high fibre range - can't remember what they were called though - sorry.
They weren't great tasting either TBH but did the job if I hadn't had time for breakfast!

karenj1980 · 10/07/2006 13:32

I'm having eggs, bacon and tesco healthy living 3% fat sausages for lunch so 1 syn for the whole thing. Got to add the ketchup of 1 syn too.

Salmon and salad tonight. xx

Mia84 - The pasta sheets do become syns if you eat lots - I don't know at what quantity but for a few of the green day free options if they are grounded they are not free. This is what SW call a GREY area? I'll never understand but it makes sense I suppose.

Beef Casserole - Tell me how to do this please?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.