Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

8 days Orlando - HELP!!

11 replies

goldpendant · 09/11/2022 13:32

Hello

Due to runaway costs we have reduced our 13 day trip to 8…

Please can anyone suggest a good itinerary? Discovery Cove is already booked with Sea World access for another day, and DS wants to do Kennedy too.

The other priorities feel like Harry Potter at Universal and some Disney time (Star Wars??).

Staying at Endless Summer and planning to keep costs down by making a basic lunch to take into parks and then by using the budget restaurant/food court.

I’d almost rather swallow the flight cost and ditch the whole thing as the exchange rate has just made it all 20% more expensive than it was already but DH wants to stick with it. I’m also concerned about jet lag with kids on just 8 days.

any thoughts welcome 🙏

OP posts:
Please
or

fairycakes1234 · 09/11/2022 14:31

i think if you are going to Orlando you will have to just suck up the cost because it's very expensive, the euro for us was so bad, having said that, i couldn't be doing with making lunches and skimping, I'd rather not go, it was once in a lifetime so i made sure and saved and borrowed so we could afford to go. 8 days isn't enough either and yes, first couple days kids were jetlagged

Please
or

WiseUpJanetWeiss · 10/11/2022 07:03

When are you going?

Please
or

WiseUpJanetWeiss · 10/11/2022 07:10

Jet lag should not really be a problem. You'll be up early, but you'll want to be up early to get into the parks early. Just leave any fireworks visits til later in the holiday.

Please
or

MrsAlexander · 10/11/2022 07:11

I was extremely fortunate to go to Florida since the age of 4, every other year for a few and then a few times as an adult, The expense is UNREAL and my parents saved so hard for it but we always went for three weeks.

After a 9 hour flight (if you're in the UK) it definitely is exhausting to try and do attractions every single day so to do it all in 8 days I honestly can't even imagine. We would run out of time in three weeks. Personally I would wait until you've got the money together to do it really well.

Please
or

mossgreen · 10/11/2022 07:15

Disney has lost the plot now. Its hard to see much in a day and the costs are astronomical - they fundamentally changed their whole business model during the pandemic.

Please
or

glassdarker · 10/11/2022 07:24

Disney veteran here.

How old are your kids?

In terms of getting most of it 8 days is a stretch as others have said. I would plan for two days Universal and three days Disney. Discovery Cove is a laid back day and Sea world shouldn't take up a whole day, so I would use those as your rest days. At Disney depending on kids ages you could do four parks in three days combining Animal Kingdom and Epcot into one.

The best thing you can do to save money is research, research, research before hand so you know what you want to do and where in the parks - you can get a lot more done if you know how to manage the crowds and get good quick service food. If you are there for park opening or, when Disney or Universal has late hours, late at night, it's easier to get stuff done.

We found Undercover tourist to have the best day ticket prices .

Please
or

Ashleighz88 · 10/11/2022 07:33

Sea world! Are you joking? Please DO NOT take children to sea world where they are witnessing animal cruelty first hand.

Please watch black fish and do not fund the cruelty to those poor animals.

Please
or

Roseshavethorns · 10/11/2022 08:16

Is there no way to change the flights to a later date? The US has soaring inflation and coupled with the exchange rate there is no way to easily cut costs. If you delay for a while you will have more time to save and the exchange rate may improve 🤞

Please
or

SquishyGloopyBum · 10/11/2022 13:28

I would also save the money on sea world and discovery cove and use it for Disney and universal.

It's cruel to go see the whales and dolphins in captivity. Plenty of other good stuff to do.

Please
or

Fullofpudding · 10/11/2022 23:02

8 days isn't enough time at all especially if you're travelling from the uk. Ditch the sea world and discovery cove for starters.

You'll need 2 days min at universal
2 at Hollywood studios
1 at Epcot
1 at Animal Kingdom
2 at Magic kingdom (1 at a stretch)
1 day at a water park

That's already 9 days

Are the 8 days including your travel days. This would make only 6 full days.

Please
or

TwinkleChristmas · 13/11/2022 22:10

8 days…. So 2 would be travel days depending on the time you land and leave. You will be knackered on the first day to do much.

This leaves you 6 full days (which isn’t enough!)

1 x discovery cove
1 x SEa world (could go to Epcot in the afternoon)
2 days in Disney (magic kingdom, Hollywood studios)
2 days universal

travel home day as a half day in the Disney park maybe .. animal kingdom.

no time for space centre unless you lose a Disney day.

You will be paying a fortune for a day or 2 at Disney and universal though…

id personally ditch discovery cove and sea world and just do Disney / universal.

we went recently for 23 days and done all the above, I couldn’t imagine trying to fit it into 8 days.

Please
or