My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss horse riding and ownership on our Horse forum.

The tack room

Where shall we have grown ups Pony Club Camp?

65 replies

olderyetwider · 21/07/2011 13:45

Following on from the camp thread, we do need an adults camp, and Mitchie HAS to come and coach us all in sideways showjumping. Where shall we hold it, and what else shall we do?

OP posts:
Pixel · 26/07/2011 18:19

Oh yes that's right, thanks. Smile

Can we include pony characters? If so I bagsie Black Boy or Plum out of 'Jill and the perfect pony'.

FannyPriceless · 26/07/2011 21:00

Ha ha! Plum! Because Amanda Applewood just dropped you in it, right?Wink

I'll have the pony I created for the protagonist in the pony books I wrote in a mad pregnancy-related burst of creativity.

Saggyoldclothcatpuss · 26/07/2011 21:17

Oh, and jills friend Martin, in the wheel chair, has to pop in to offer advice on schooling!

Saggyoldclothcatpuss · 26/07/2011 21:18

I always wanted mrs Darcy's Blue Smoke!

Pixel · 26/07/2011 21:50

Oh yes I thought of Blue Smoke but decided I wouldn't be allowed as I wasn't a favourite pupil.Envy

annieapple7 · 26/07/2011 21:53

What a fabulous thread. I vote for Rupert Campbell Black and Billy as instructors. And can I bag Phantom from Phantom Horse as my ride. I love palominos.

Pixel · 26/07/2011 22:06

Does anyone remember Major Holbrooke? (Six Ponies/Pony Club Team and another one I can't remember). We could have him as an instructor but he'd make us spend a lot of time trotting without stirrups. Shock

Saggyoldclothcatpuss · 26/07/2011 22:46

Actually, for my horse, Ill have Orbit from 'horse in the house'. Smile

AlpinePony · 27/07/2011 08:15

Right well true to form I'll be given 'Satan' (the black's son) to take. I won't be joining in with activities much, but two or three times a day you'll see me being carted off somewhere at the other end of the farm.

ExitPursuedByAGryffin · 27/07/2011 08:55

Saggy - Bless you - why didn't you answer my question on the favourite pony book thread - Horse in the House - of course. Isn't that the one about the houseboat and the girl called October?

Off to google and Amazon.

ExitPursuedByAGryffin · 27/07/2011 08:56

Oh - perhaps not.....

Saggyoldclothcatpuss · 27/07/2011 17:40

AAH! I saw that, but wasnt sure. October didnt ring a bell, but the houseboat did!
I actually like trotting without stirrups, its about all I was ever good at! Blush

Loshad · 03/08/2011 00:12

can i come please - have visions of being jinny and shantinh - tho am as fat as a pig. Will settle for any of the pullein thompson characters tho.
when i used to go to pc camp we slept in the racecourse buildings which was fab, later on i used to sleep in the trailer at 3DE's (nicest eventer was mary king who was beyond lovely and helpful).

asecretlemonadedrinker · 03/08/2011 07:50

Oh my! Jinny and Shantih! I really must go and buy some books, those were my absoloute favourite!

asecretlemonadedrinker · 03/08/2011 07:51

I used to go to a racecourse PC camp too - near Fleet or something

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.