Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Anyone have a parlux hairdryer ?

Mercedesbenz2022 · 05/08/2022 08:58

I used my friends parlux hairdryer and I really liked it , but as I only used it once I don’t know if I was having ‘ a good hair day ‘ anyway.
Does anyone have one ? And would you recommend ?

( not interested in a dyson , out of budget )

thanks in advance

OP's posts:
Please
or

EVHead · 05/08/2022 09:03

Yes I have one and it’s good. I’ve had it for a few years. It’s a hairdryer. 🤷🏻‍♀️😆

Please
or

LadyOfTheCanyon · 05/08/2022 09:06

I used to have one, it was really heavy, which was annoying to manhandle. Also really quite noisy. It seemed marginally better than my ancient Babyliss one that cost about £15, but not so much I would bother with another one. It developed a spark on the heat switch so I got rid.

Not sure that's helpful. Loads of people swear by them, but my experience was distinctly 'meh'.

Please
or

Orarewedancer · 05/08/2022 09:07

Yes and I love it! Had it a few years now and it's survived well. Dries my hair quickly and I love the long cord.

Please
or

MrsPelligrinoPetrichor · 05/08/2022 09:08

Oh yes,they're amazing and last forever.

Please
or

FlatWhiteExtraHot · 05/08/2022 09:10

I don’t have a Parlux but I do have a Diva which seems to be basically the same from the research I did when I bought it. It’s ridiculously powerful, in fact a bit too powerful for my fine hair as the lowest setting isn’t gentle enough. It’s great for DD’s lots of very thick hair though.

I’ve had it at least 5 years and it still looks brand new and works perfectly too. I think it’s probably indestructible 😂. They’re about £90 but I got mine for £30ish in TKMaxx so have a look in there as they still have them in quite often.

Please
or

leccybill · 05/08/2022 09:16

I had one, it was amazing. Heavy though.
It overheated and caught fire though.

I have a Dyson now. Worth every penny.

Please
or

QuebecBagnet · 05/08/2022 09:17

Me. Dries hair really quick but still have frizz. But I suspect that may be a combination of my hair and technique and lack of products.

Please
or

notacooldad · 05/08/2022 09:19

I've had one for maybe 8 years.
It dries hair is the best I can say 🤷‍♀️
I dont love it, I dont hate it.

Please
or

Lemonblossom · 05/08/2022 09:19

Mine is excellent and it is what I need for my long thick hair. They don’t last forever though, that’s a complete myth. I’m on my second in 12 years . The first lasted about 8 years.

Please
or

Lemonblossom · 05/08/2022 09:20

My first one also overheated and then died.

Please
or

florianfortescue · 05/08/2022 09:21

I have one and absolutely love it. It's still going strong after 5 years and looks and feels brand new. No stupid foam layer in the filter so it's easy to clean and the cold setting is properly cold.

Please
or

Snog · 05/08/2022 09:23

They are great for a smooth finish and really reduce drying time compared to normal hairdriers. Used by lots of hairdressers for a reason.

Please
or

Minoloso · 05/08/2022 09:27

Had mine for 8+ years. It’s brilliant, my hairdresser uses them so I figured would be fast & hard wearing.

Please
or

Loocheeyar · 05/08/2022 09:30

Meh
heavy and I bought a so called light weight one
probably needs a third setting it’s too slow or too fast
noisy
nothing amazing at all tbh

Please
or

Mercedesbenz2022 · 05/08/2022 09:39

Hmm a bit of a mixed bag , either love it , or meh !
totally undecided now lol

OP's posts:
Please
or

Slowgrowingelm · 05/08/2022 09:44

I’ve had two Eti turbo hair dryers over the last 10 ish years. I was (generously) gifted a dyson when my first Eti stopped working, it couldn’t cope with my hair. It would cut out after I got half way through (I have very long, thick hair). My son now uses it and he loves it, but I bought another Eti and I wouldn’t try anything else now. It’s light, I get a great blow dry, despite having a very strong wave that most hairdressers can’t cope with, and it lasts ages.

Please
or

CantStartaFireWithoutaSpark · 05/08/2022 09:46

I have one, it’s good but also, it’s only as good as your technique. I’m tempted to sell it and buy a dyson.

Please
or

Cardilover · 05/08/2022 09:50

Love mine! Because it’s powerful it helps getting volume in my fine hair

Please
or

tenbob · 05/08/2022 09:54

I had one but it was too heavy and too noisy

my hairdresser recommended the T3 cura luxe as an alternative to a dyson, and it is absolutely completely amazing. A quick rough dry makes my hair look like I’ve had a proper blow dry

Please
or

BellaVita · 05/08/2022 09:55

Yes I have one.

Probably had it 10 years - still going strong.

Please
or

IllDoItButOnlyForTheAttention · 05/08/2022 10:00

QuebecBagnet · 05/08/2022 09:17

Me. Dries hair really quick but still have frizz. But I suspect that may be a combination of my hair and technique and lack of products.

Same. But I don't know if it's just because I have crap hair and never got the hang of the hairdresser drying technique.

Please
or

Mercedesbenz2022 · 05/08/2022 10:03

For those saying heavy , I have looked at their super light and quiet one I think it’s called compact 3500.
I have a faithful workhorse by Nicky Clarke and it’s been great , but it’s heavy and sounds like a jet taking off , so was looking for something else with power but lighter

thanks for all your replies , I am reading them all , if not replying individually

OP's posts:
Please
or

catblanket · 05/08/2022 10:04

I love mine. It's really lightweight and it dries my shoulder length hair in less than 3 minutes.

Please
or

QuantumWeatherButterfly · 05/08/2022 10:26

I loved mine. I had it for several years. I got rid of it because when I flicked the switch to turn it on, I could see blue sparks inside through the join in the handle! But as I say, it was years old by then, it lasted way longer than any other hairdryer I have had before, and it was very, very good.

I have a Dyson now that I was bought as a gift. I like it, but mostly because it's short barelled and weighted differently to other brands - it isn't any quicker than the Parlux. I definitely noticed how fast the Parlux was when I got it.

I'm not sure what I'll do when the Dyson goes to meet its maker. I would definitely consider a Parlux again, but I'd go for one of the lighter weight models.

Please
or

MiddleParking · 05/08/2022 10:33

I have one. It’s fine, good, not life-changing because I have difficult hair that takes a long time to dry and requires more than just a good hairdryer to look alright, and my technique isn’t great. I think how a hairdryer works for you depends mostly on your hair rather than the dryer.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.