Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Home lasers - Best buys?

Cath2712 · 13/03/2022 17:39

Hi everyone - was considering the Lyma (gulp!) but after reading the rubbish reviews here have decided to give it a pass. Question - any views on best home lasers in the affordable catagory? Just gone into menopause and my skin has gone downhill rapidly. Need something stronger for open pores, fine lines, puckering and brown spots that you can get from a bottle - and Ive been using Obagi for years. Thanks in advance

OP's posts:
Please
or

Fossbarron · 14/07/2022 07:44

Go for it. I'm 57 , bought Lyma and it's great. Get compliments all the time. Works for just about every concern. Tightened up my under neck area, whole face is brightened up and it's a bit like a little face lift every day. Less saggy upper arm area. Improved my stomach, my husband who notices nothing normallly admitted it looked improved. It works. I paid $4k and it's been worth every cent. Use it every day. Relaxing.

Please
or

blimeyguv · 14/07/2022 08:32

What is this?

Please
or

Fossbarron · 14/07/2022 10:01

Lyma handheld laser. Can be purchased online.

Please
or

complexsimplicity · 30/07/2022 14:56

I’m loving the Lyma…any thoughts on giving up on micro currents for this? Finding this much easier to maintain on daily basis…

Please
or

Mercurial123 · 30/07/2022 16:22

I've only seen sponsored ads claiming how great it is and lack lustre reviews from people who have purchased. Nobody who loves it as far as I'm aware has posted photos on S&B.

Please
or

complexsimplicity · 30/07/2022 18:31

I wonder if it's something to do with the incredibly high price tag and people expecting miracles overnight. I'd like to think the clinical studies prove a thing or two too...

Please
or

KalaniM · 30/07/2022 20:47

There are so many negative reviews ofthe Lyma, and the Nira gets very tepid reviews also. Tria used to do a face laser that was good, might be some around on eBay now and again. Phillips Face laser was good too but they discontinued it.

I rather think we at home mavens are being xcluded from the laser market so that we go to clinics and pay mega bucks.

Please
or

Fossbarron · 30/07/2022 23:18

I'd ignore the negative stuff on here if I were you as I bought Lyma laser Feb 2022 and it does work. I'm 57 and just recently post menopausal and it's a definite mini facelift every day. Very rejuvenating I find. Also Gua Sha stone is good jawline cheek bones, Foreo Bear (Sweden)miscrocurrent good little booster , and face yoga a boost also.

Please
or

Mercurial123 · 31/07/2022 07:16

Are there any unbiased reviews with before and after photos? All negative unbiased reviews count though?

Please
or

complexsimplicity · 31/07/2022 10:45

Fossbarron · 30/07/2022 23:18

I'd ignore the negative stuff on here if I were you as I bought Lyma laser Feb 2022 and it does work. I'm 57 and just recently post menopausal and it's a definite mini facelift every day. Very rejuvenating I find. Also Gua Sha stone is good jawline cheek bones, Foreo Bear (Sweden)miscrocurrent good little booster , and face yoga a boost also.

Thanks, good recommendations! Manual face yoga? From all microcurrents, I do quite like the Foreo bear...
Anyone tried the facegym lift device?

Please
or

Fossbarron · 31/07/2022 11:27

Hi, thanks. If you just google face yoga for jowls or cheeks, turkey neck there are heaps to choose from, basically holding a position for 10 seconds repeatedly. I'm not sure where the negative reviews are for Lyma except on here. I def wasnt paid as my Lyma sent to me from UK to Australia cost me a bomb and it's confusing Dr who has been doing my Botox etc for 15 years why I'm looking so good😃 haven't told her I'm using the Lyma laser. I will add my under chin before and after.

Please
or

Fossbarron · 31/07/2022 11:39

Here's my results under chin face jaw after 2 months from Feb 2022, half an hour a day using regular moisturizer.

Home lasers - Best buys? Home lasers - Best buys?
Please
or

Fossbarron · 31/07/2022 11:41

I'm 56 years old. Also using Foreo Bear Mini and Gua Sha and some face yoga and prescription retinol.

Please
or

Unwavering721 · 31/07/2022 11:42

Fossbarron · 31/07/2022 11:39

Here's my results under chin face jaw after 2 months from Feb 2022, half an hour a day using regular moisturizer.

Err what are we supposed to be looking at? They look the same 👀

Please
or

Mercurial123 · 31/07/2022 12:23

This is the most detailed review I've found. It does look good but with no money back guarantee I'd be wary.

www.wearebodybeautiful.com/lyma-laser-starter-kit-review/#:~:text=months%20of%20use.-,Negatives,ll%20treat%20multiple%20body%20areas.

Please
or

Branster · 31/07/2022 12:45

I've got a Tria bought about a year before Covid started, from Current Body. I didn't realise it's not available anymore!!! Very pleased with it and easy to use and it was a lot cheaper than the Lyma.
I must confess that I'd buy the Lyma at just under £2k if I didn't have all my other anti ageing arsenal and gadgets. I probably will in five years time when it will be more established and I'll be older.
I'd also want a guarantee with it.

Please
or

Branster · 31/07/2022 12:46

The reviews on Current Body appear to be positive but I haven't read them to see how detailed they are.
I'd probably wait until Space NK or John Lewis start selling it.

Please
or

KalaniM · 31/07/2022 14:08

Apparently CurrentBody don’t post the negative reviews.

Branster how are you getting along with the Tria? It’s supposed to a good device, I doubt you’d need the Lyma..half an hour a day ….seems too much to be achievable long term? Tria is quicker, I think?

Please
or

Fossbarron · 31/07/2022 23:28

Sag under chin/ turkey neck area

Please
or

Branster · 31/07/2022 23:40

Ooh I didn't realise that about reviews on Current Body - that's very sneaky.

I just checked and I bought the Tria in December 2019, not year before Covid as I wrongly remembered.

It is very easy and quick to use, I don't use it in the summer because I'm not sure it would be a good idea but I never researched if it would be an issue with strong sunlight the day after even though I wear sunscreen.

The rest of the year I use it about once or twice a week although sometimes I forget and it ends up twice a month. It can probably be used more often.

All in all I allow a good 10 minutes by the time I take it out, go over my entire face, clean it and put it away.
However I am always scared it will stop working because some reviews said theirs stopped working out of the blue. I need to find out if this was a 1 year or lifetime guarantee on this device.
The charge holds for about 3 treatments on mine which is reasonable.
I use it to prevent fine lines. I had a couple starting across my forehead and it had reduced them and they haven't got worse. But only I can see this because they weren't that obvious to start with.

It doesn't do anything on expression lines as far as I can tell. I have 2 11s lines between my eyebrows. One is gone only because of No 7 Laboratoires serum which is a peptide serum I use religiously. The other one has reduced by half with the same serum but it plateaued and bar Botox I don't think it will ever go away. However, I can't stop using this serum or switch to anything else because it all comes back. I experimented.

I don't think Tria does much on lines around the eyes. Or at least I can't tell there's been an improvement and I am quite careful not to use it too close to my eyes. Could be a combination of factors here.

I can't comment on other areas because I haven't had any other issues to target yet.

I get some darker skin patches on my skin at the hight of summer. I established these are mainly caused by taking the pill and it's the heat not only sunlight that causes these to appear. I am extra careful with my products during this period in the hope of not making it worse. These disappear by October every year. But I am not convinced Tria has a real influence here purely because the same happened before I started using it.

I'm happy with it and I'll probably upgrade to whatever the next best thing will be when it breaks down, I don't think it will last forever. I'm really tempted by this Lyma gizmo but I'll be strong and hold off for a good while yet. It is also out of my budget so I'd need to save up on purpose.

As an aside, I use the Foreo Bear most mornings. That truly takes less than 5 minutes. I started with a normal conducive gel and then moved to using up all my gel products (masks or face serums). The only thing this helps with is the overall contour of the face. Everything sits better and looks sharper and also makes the eye area look more open. It is subtle for I can definitely see it helps. Again this is one of those things that if you stop using it, you'll notice a pick me up is needed after a couple of weeks. It is not a permanent fix but fantastic maintenance tool and really easy and quick to use every morning.

Please
or

Fossbarron · 01/08/2022 01:18

Agree with the Foreo Bear comment👍👍👍Lyma a little like that as if you don't do it you don't get the all around boost.

Please
or

KalaniM · 01/08/2022 12:38

That’s a great reply Branster thankyou. Really interesting. I wonder what is the active/s in the No7 serum that’s doing well for your 11’s. I use a bit of sticky tape on mine at night which has worked really well for years, but I need more in my tool box .I think matrixyl and arginine are the things that impacted my forehead lines the most but I stopped using them in favour of tons of vitamin c and retinols. I need to work a matrixyl serum back into the forehead products
I have dark areas also, which is why I emphasised vitamin c. Niacinamide is good for them also. I’m actually really fed up of managing my dark spots and am currently one part through a three part laser treatment for them. Apparently they will darken, crust and fall off. I hope so.
I use The bear most mornings! Enjoy using it, and it definitely takes away some fatigued look in the face. I use it with a rosewater spray, hyaluronic acid and a dash of squalene.
I just bought a tripollar stop from tkmaxx, with the intention to try to lessen the forehead lines. We shall see! I just picked it up yesterday. There is a tripollar specifically for the eye area,btw.

Please
or

nancy2001 · 02/08/2022 21:24

Wow, Fossbaron, what a difference in your neck, lower jawline and the contours of your face! After only two months, it's like you had a surgical facelift. So now I'm thinking you should stick with your Foreo Bear, too, if it doesn't take you too long to do.

I'll be 70 in two months, and I've had a couple of face lifts. My last one was ten years ago, and I won't have any more in the future). After a face lift takes a good two or three months to see the results. I'd say my neck right now looks about like your before photo. I'd be thrilled if I could get the same results you've had with the Lyma Laser.

Please
or

nancy2001 · 02/08/2022 21:35

Branster, the Tria is still available for purchase from the Tria website for $529. www.triabeauty.com/shop-all-products#shopreducewrinkles

Please
or

Fossbarron · 03/08/2022 01:03

Thankyou, someone commented they couldn't see the difference but I had over the past couple of years 4 fat dissolve injections turkey neck so there was even more laxity but the Lyma just tightens it up every time. Amazing. I'd definitely recommend it and think it is worth the money. It was a game changer for me. I recently also had a dozen threads under that area. The Foreo mini bear I have also helps. I think the Lyma laser is a great device that has produced real results for me.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.