My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Sweaty Betty - Worth the money?

53 replies

girlmom21 · 02/10/2021 10:49

I didn't really know whether to post this in style or exercise, but can people please let me know if they think Sweaty Betty exercise clothing is worth the money?

They're outside of my budget really, but they're something I'll consider buying a couple of items of if they're really genuinely good quality - ie leggings that don't fall down, aren't see-through, can be washed and tumble dried repeatedly with no issue.

Can people also offer alternative more affordable good quality suggestions, if you have any?

Thank you!

OP posts:
Annietheacrobat · 02/10/2021 10:52

Their running leggings are really good and worth the money (though I usually wait til the sale and also use my NHS discount).

WhatILoved · 02/10/2021 10:53

I think the power leggings are worth it when on sale. Always stay up and don't seem as sweaty as other brands. I've got zero gravity snd don't like them as much as seem thinner

Kirstiesshirtdress · 02/10/2021 10:54

I’ve never found better leggings.

Eyeskydry · 02/10/2021 10:56

Great fitness clothing, but I’d never tumble dry it! The leggings dry very quickly anyway. There’s a sale on at the moment.

TertiusLydgate · 02/10/2021 10:56

Although I wince at the price, I buy nothing but Sweaty Betty now. At my Spin class this morning, I’d say 80% of the leggings were Sweaty Betty.

The power leggings are fantastic. The gym vests and sports bras too. (Mind you, I still wear my M&S front zip sports bras when I’m running). I also love the ‘after class’ sweatshirts. Everything stays like new, despite all the washing and tumble drying. And the leggings are unbelievably flattering and comfortable.

They often have offers, I think there’s one in the Independent this month. I have also used my sons’, husband’s and parents’ emails when ordering so I can get the 20% off first order discount.

wombforanotherone · 02/10/2021 10:57

I bought some Gary (?) pants a while back and sent them back because the material and fit felt cheap. Can't speak for the rest of it though. I have Nike dry fit leggings that stay up and wear brilliantly

BreakfastOfWaffles · 02/10/2021 10:58

I absolutely love their power leggings. They wash well and dry fast (don't think you can tumble dry them though). They are fully squat proof and don't fade over time. They have sales quite often so wait for those, but if you are a S or M size then buy as soon as the sale starts as they go out of stock quickly. Personally, I don't think their tops are worth the extra money - M&S Goodmove are good for those.

Purplecatshopaholic · 02/10/2021 10:58

Great clothing - worth the money I think - but even more so if you buy in the sales. (I would never tumble dry them though, things last longer if they dry naturally I think)

schmalex · 02/10/2021 10:59

I think their clothing is worth the money. I have a running top from SB that I've had for about 12 years. It's a bit worn and old looking now but it's still my favourite to run in!
I don't rate their bra fitting though.

Mercurial123 · 02/10/2021 10:59

They are excellent quality. I only buy in the sale. You can't put leggings in the dryer.

LemonJuiceFromConcentrate · 02/10/2021 10:59

The leggings are great for staying up, and worth it IMO. Sale’s on now, I believe? They seem to have sales pretty frequently.

I really like the trainer socks too, but I would say the other stuff I have from them is just fine, not a massive improvement on other brands.

Rainbowshit · 02/10/2021 11:00

They're amazing. Would never tumble dry them tho.

LemonJuiceFromConcentrate · 02/10/2021 11:01

Do they shrink in the dryer? I haven’t deliberately tumbled mine but I may have done it by accident 😕

TertiusLydgate · 02/10/2021 11:01

I have never actually read the washing label, but I tumble dry my power leggings all the time, and they’re all still perfect.

TertiusLydgate · 02/10/2021 11:03

Yes to the trainer socks. I’ve newly discovered them as my dh just bought me 5 pairs (he was passing a shop 🤷‍♀️), and they are the best. I’ve thrown out all my others.

80sPadme · 02/10/2021 11:04

I prefer gymshark but that's just my opinion

CheeseMaiden · 02/10/2021 11:09

Yes! Their work out gear lasts for years, also found their swim wear looks good as new after years of wear and chlorine exposure.

MaverickDanger · 02/10/2021 11:09

I really like the yoga pants but didn’t get on with the leggings

I bought some Queenieke leggings from Amazon instead and they are amazing. Really hold you in & thick, definitely squatproof. I got mine after having DS and feeling at my most wobbly and they are so flattering.

PurpleDaisies · 02/10/2021 11:11

The power leggings are brilliant. All day leggings don’t have a pocket and feel thinner. They are comfy though. I don’t like the sports bras-I can’t find a proper fit that’s actually supportive.

I’ve never bought anything full price though.

girlmom21 · 02/10/2021 11:15

Thanks everyone! I'll have a look in the sale and I'll have a look at the M&S and Nike suggestions too Smile

OP posts:
PurpleDaisies · 02/10/2021 11:17

M and s are a great alternative

countdowntonap · 02/10/2021 11:17

Oysho compression leggings meet this requirement leggings that don't fall down, aren't see-through, can be washed and tumble dried repeatedly with no issue.

Mercurial123 · 02/10/2021 11:18

Fabric conditioner and tumble drying isn't great for sportswear.

Never tumble dry
To ensure your activewear fits like new, steer clear of the dryer and air-dry your garments instead. “The high heat of the dryer can warp individual strands of fiber from your leggings and weaken the material, leading to permanent tears and holes,” says Oliveria. Keep in mind that the weight of water can stretch out your leggings when hang-drying, so you should lay them flat in order to preserve its elasticity and prevent warping.

lisaandalan · 02/10/2021 11:21

I love them, there is a lot on sale at the moment, also you can get their stuff on Clearpay or Klarna so you do not have to pay all in one go you can pay in instalments. X

crummyusername · 02/10/2021 11:22

Zero gravity leggings are excellent. I think the rest is overpriced. Def wait for a sale!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.