My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Stop smoking

Your e-liquids

56 replies

mawinter · 17/01/2015 08:40

Which are your favourites? Which ones have you tried, but totally dislike?

I still only have a few e-liquids and would like to branch out a little more, so I figured i would create this topic.

My absolute favourite has to be my original Tobacco flavour, from the liquid line of my local vape shop. For me it tastes more like Maple Syrup to be honest than Tobacco. ;) My second fave is Sweet Vanilla, also from the same shop.

Originally I was really liking Blueberry and Apple from the same shop, but now I find them a little on the sour/fake side.

OP posts:
Hamiltoes · 01/02/2015 23:31

Tipsy I've also tried Suicide Bunny mothers milk and her derailed, and i didn't think very much of either of them. Of course taste is very subjective but I just found it very... Airy? Quite bland but sickly at the same time. The smell is very overpowering. I think she must use the same cream base as both her juices have a very creamy flavour but its quite savoury. I have about 28ml of if left if you'd like to try it (6mg nic) PM me Smile

mawinter I love Chefs Vapour RY4 which is called RY Whore. Tasted another one from my local shop and it almost made me gag. Now i'm not sure what a real RY4 is supposed to taste like and i'm to scared to buy another!

unlucky definitely right about the dark juices being coil killers but i find generally they get darker the longer you steep them, and they taste much better with age. Its a trade off I was willing to take for the flavour.

BotoxBitch · 24/03/2015 22:25

Tried the cirro ones other day as I was in a rush and they sell them in tesco, they were disgusting, straight in bin Hmm

Glittery7 · 28/03/2015 11:27

Am building up quite a collection of flavours. Favourites are creamy banana, coffee, sugar and cream, butterscotch and peanut butter.

Wadingthroughsoup · 28/03/2015 23:45

I'm very new to this and just want to ask a slightly-on-a-tangent question...
I see a lot of talk about 'all day vape', and while I understand the concept, I don't quite understand the logistics. Or rather, I don't understand the logistics of NOT having an 'all day vape'.

If people are using more than one flavour in a day, is that generally because they have more than one tank/ecig on the go and swap between them? Or do they only put a little bit of liquid in the tank at a time and then change flavours throughout the day?

It's all a bit academic for me at the moment as I can only really taste double menthol for the time being. I think it's a combination of only recently stopping smoking so taste buds still adjusting/got a bit of a cold/the juices I'm using maybe are't the highest quality... I live in hope that my taste buds will eventually wake up and let me enjoy the flavours a bit more!

Allergictoironing · 29/03/2015 10:15

Can't speak for anyone else of course, but I tend to have at least 3 flavours on the go at any one time - all in different tanks. If I don't, I tend to sort of lose the intensity of the flavour of my favourite at the time, plus I like having a different taste now & again; it's sort of like only ever eating the same thing every meal or only eating one type of fruit.

Raia · 31/03/2015 10:18

I keep finding an ADV and then go right off it after a few months, sometimes quite suddenly, which I find really odd and disconcerting.

So now I can't stand my previously loved Grant's Vanilla Custard or Digby's Apple and Cinnamon and I'm now all day vaping Strawberry Chewits from Vape Shit!

LumionaMoonsplash · 31/03/2015 10:31

I like Lemon & Lime, but love Vape the rainbow (skittles flavour) from Alchemists cupboard. I've used wutches cupboard but wasnt keen on the eliquids.

LumionaMoonsplash · 31/03/2015 10:31

That was meant to be witch eliquid.

DustWitch · 31/03/2015 10:36

I started on tobacco flavours but really dislike them now, it's strange how your tastes change!

I generally stick to Hangsen, my favourite all day vape is Cherry but I'm also loving Blueberry and First Kiss (vanilla custard).

DustWitch · 31/03/2015 10:57

Plenty, those sample packs are a great idea!

Wadingthroughsoup · 31/03/2015 16:33

Allergic, thank you, that makes sense! For ages, I only had the one tank, so unless I only put a little bit of liquid in at a time, or vaped very quickly, I would end up stuck with the same flavour for ages (could always throw it down the sink, but didn't like doing that too much!) Now I have three tanks so can chop and change flavours a bit more easily :D

samesizetoes · 31/03/2015 19:20

I've only been vaping full time for just over 2 weeks now so I'm still in the early days of trying different types of flavours. I keep coming back to Egg Custard Tart and Grants Vanilla Custard but that's no shock to me and my sweet tooth. I don't mind some of the fruity flavours like pear or raspberry. I'm sure I'll try them all at some point.

I'm not keen on the funky flavours when out drinking though. Alcohol and tobacco is something that fits well together for me so I'll stick to a menthol tobacco liquid for nights out.

Gorja · 31/03/2015 19:37

I have two I flit between, red Astaire which is basically cherry tunes and gin and tonic.

Have tried lots of others but always go back to these two,

BotoxBitch · 04/04/2015 19:09

Hi guys, bought the monkeys jizz but way too mild for my liking, I need something with a stronger hit, like when smoking a cig, otherwise just find myself vaping constantly any advice?

Wadingthroughsoup · 04/04/2015 20:09

Botox Have you tried Red Astaire or any other really strong menthols? They don't taste anything like fags, but they do have a strong 'hit'. When I started vaping, I thought I'd want something that tasted as close as possible to my roll-ups but soon found that I really like the strong menthol flavours (which was very surprising to me as I never enjoyed menthol cigarettes!) I also expected to love the custard and dessert flavours but they seem insipid to me. I am absolutely loving Red Astaire now- it's the one I keep coming back to.

BotoxBitch · 04/04/2015 20:50

Thanks, where is red Astaire from? Xx

Wadingthroughsoup · 04/04/2015 21:19

I ordered mine from here: www.vapeclub.co.uk

Wadingthroughsoup · 04/04/2015 21:19

And it arrived the next day! :)

minimom · 06/04/2015 07:06

I tried for the e-liquid for the first time today but I feel like something is missing when I smoke now... something weird, I don't feel like smoking but the smell is really far better

BotoxBitch · 08/04/2015 22:31

Got the Sherlock today, love it, this will be my vape after wine! Nice, string tobacco. Got blueberry from totally wicked today and it's gorgeous, not sickly at all. The monkeys jizz is abit too sickly for me

magimedi · 08/04/2015 22:34

YAY!!!

Botox - another lover of 'the Sherlock'

You are a person of great taste!! Grin

It's been my one & only flavour for 2+ years, but I now mix it (sometimes) with a wee bit of rhubarb & custard.

TipseyKisses · 08/04/2015 22:43

Don't think I'll be going for monkey jizz as I also like a stronger flavour .

I'm waiting for The Sherlock but in the meantime I have vaped the whole bottle of SnowQueen & ordered another 50ml !!
I don't want anything else at the moment Grin

Thinking about the wishy washy juice comment further up , it might be worth you storing the juices in the fridge & trying them again in a month or 2 as I found my taste buds improved quite a bit over time .

BotoxBitch · 09/04/2015 07:45

What does snowqueen taste of? X

BotoxBitch · 09/04/2015 07:49

Magimedi, can you get it in bigger quantities than 10ml? That's all they had at ecig x

magimedi · 09/04/2015 11:23

Botox - only available in 10ml bottles - from either their shops or website.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.