Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at [email protected] if you'd like to know more about how they work.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Mumsnet users share the times their children have been great siblings with Luvabella

JustineBMumsnet · 24/09/2018 16:07

NOW CLOSED

Despite bickering and fighting over the TV remote, there’s a lot of love behind sibling relationships, and they can be incredibly heartwarming. Luvabella would like to hear about the times that your children have been great siblings.

The team at Luvabella say: “Discover so many real baby surprises with Luvabella! From the moment she opens her eyes and giggles, Luvabella will amaze you with her true-to-life facial expressions and personality! She moves, talks and plays just like a real baby. Through touch and play she affectionately responds to your love. Cover her eyes for a game of peek-a-boo, tickle her tummy and toes to make her giggle, or place a hand on her chest to gently listen to her heartbeat. You can even hold her feet to hear her say “mumma” and begin to babble! The more you play with her, the more she’ll talk. Her babble will transform into over 100 clear words and phrases! Caring for Luvabella is fun with her four interactive accessories! Use her spoon to feed her and she’ll chew with delight! If she’s not full, she may ask you for more. After her meal, help Luvabella learn new animal names and sounds with her Lamby toy! If she gets fussy, all she needs is her soother. When it’s time to go to bed after a big day of play, lull her to sleep with her bottle. Get to know all of Luvabella and now new Luvabeau’s real baby surprises! 4 x C batteries required (not included). For ages 4 years and over.”

Do you have a child that really goes out of the way for their siblings? Perhaps they share their most precious toys when they know their sibling is sad? Do you have an older child who has taken a little brother or sister under their wing, or been amazing with the arrival of a new baby? If your child doesn’t have any siblings, how do they care for others around them?

However your child has been a really great sibling, share this below to be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £300 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Standard Insight Terms and Conditions apply
Mumsnet users share the times their children have been great siblings with Luvabella
OP's posts:
Please
or

lovewatchingrainfall · 25/09/2018 17:32

My youngest daughter is only 21months but really looks after her big sister. Her sister was born with alot of health issues and spends alot of time in and out of hospital. But my youngest always knows how to cheer her up when down she will bring her toys, give her cuddles and is generally loving. It's like she knows and understands what she needs without them even talking.

When my youngest was poorly and in hospital is was amazing to watch my eldest who hates hospitals be so calm and I remember her telling my youngest a story (youngest was only 11months) about how hospitals were nice places and that they were helping her I found the love and bits just amazing they both have amazing strength and love for each other.

Please
or

NastyCats · 25/09/2018 18:04

My dds are very close. My elder has been saving up for an expensive, important trip. The younger dd is too young to join her but has put her own pocket money, earned money and even some of her birthday money towards her sister's savings.

Please
or

ranoutofquinoaandprosecco · 25/09/2018 18:12

I'm currently being treated for breast cancer. My DD 7 has started counselling with school and today they learnt about emotions and how to controls their feelings and breathing using bubbles! She promptly told me the session was great, grabbed some extra bubbles for her brother (4) and taught him the technique! Grin

Please
or

Soubriquet · 25/09/2018 19:46

My 5 year old is amazing with her brother.

She will get his breakfast in the morning, help him sit down on a chair and even changed his nappy a couple of times.

She’s so keen and eager to help. She plays so nicely with him too and it’s adorable to watch

Please
or

anitagreen · 25/09/2018 19:50

My son was born 9 months after my first born which was really difficult at first, we had the jealousy stage where I felt like I'd done the wrong thing by having another so soon, we then had the bonding stage, now we have the inseparable stage which is lovely but honestly I didn't think we would ever get there!. She can be a really good sister to him she makes an effort to include him in her games, and lets him play with her precious lol dolls which is a huge step I honestly feel like it's the best thing I ever did having them so close together

Please
or

CMOTDibbler · 25/09/2018 19:50

My ds doesn't have any siblings, but he is absolutely lovely with little ones. He's a hairy pre teen but will always have small people with him at holiday club and is very patient with them

Please
or

Caillou · 25/09/2018 19:53

My 3 children are all really close (g7, g3 and b1) they always look out for each other,
Just today at the park ds was being pushed by another little boy, and my 3 years old went to see the boy and say "stop it, that s my brother be nice" while cuddling ds and reassuring him.

Please
or

Fontofnoknowledge · 25/09/2018 19:56

Mine are now 23 (DD1) 21 (DS) 16 (DD2) . At no point EVER have they been mean to each other. Since the day they could talk there has never been a cross word, a pinch, a punch or meanness. I have been a very very lucky mum.
Even now with only DD2 at home an therefore a little more money around. The only reaction from both when I explained I would like her to go on the expensive school trip that I couldn't afford at the time for the other two , was .. YES !! You MUST do it. She will have an amazing time. !

My children are all half Thai. I put their genuine kindness down to the laid back Thai gene..

Please
or

treegone · 25/09/2018 20:08

My two older ones 6 and 4 love their 18 month old little brother. They get him snacks, help lift him on the sofa to read with them and get his toys for him. They miss him when they are out and make allowances for him being too small to know how to do things like they do. When he walks they each hold a hand and he wobbles in the middle, looking up at them. It's very lovely to see and I hope their relationship doesn't descend into squabbles and battles when he gets older and he's not a little baby anymore!

Please
or

neverbelong · 26/09/2018 09:30

my two argue like crazy, but there was one time when DD(3) fell over and I saw DS(6) run over rub her knees and wipe her tears and tell her it was ok. That made my heart melt because usually they act like they can't stand each other!

Please
or

Harleypuppy · 26/09/2018 10:07

Ds2 has almost endless patience with his hf autistic brother. He crosses the road with ds1 as he can't do it by himself. He chats to him about his interests. He always tries to help ds1 when he is struggling, even though ds1 can be aggressive and rude. Ds2 is quite amazing actually because he is so caring when he gets very little back. It breaks my heart what he goes through as ds1 could be a much nicer brother.
If anyone deserves a treat it's ds2. I'm so proud of him.

Please
or

Belmo · 26/09/2018 10:11

My dd is very sweet with her brother- she loves to sing him to sleep, she makes up little songs about his day ❤️

Please
or

NerrSnerr · 26/09/2018 10:16

My 4 year old loves her 1 year old brother. She always saves him a bit of cake or icecream and loves helping him walk.

Please
or

strumpetblowingatrumpet · 26/09/2018 12:17

My son is 7 years old and recently became a big brother. He is the most wonderful and attentive big brother I could ever imagine, he is so helpful to me by fetching me clean bibs or nappies, so gentle with his baby brother - singing him his own made up songs and tickling him, and so patient, never complaining when the baby cries. I am so careful to ensure that he doesn't act as a third parent due to the age gap, but he loves to help as much as he can. He makes me so proud every day. 💙

Please
or

llynnnn · 26/09/2018 14:03

When dd2 was finding school difficult (confidence and bullying issues) she'd often get upset throughout the school day and ask for her big sister. dd1 would then come out of her class and give her little sister a hug and some reassuring words, she always looked out for her at break and lunch times and helped her through the day.

whenever they have fallings out now, I remind her of these times when they supported and reassured each other!

Please
or

QueenOfPharts · 26/09/2018 14:09

Since my ds came along my dd has been excellent. She is 3.5years older and from day 1 has been so helpful. If he gets upset she is the first to sooth him and more recently she helped him do all the slides at soft play. Ds just adores her and her name was his first word.

Please
or

fleshmarketclose · 26/09/2018 14:17

My older son took my younger son and his two friends all with autism and considerable difficulties to the cinema. When one of the friends was subject to disablist abuse he kept his cool and called them out on it making the group of lads look very small to others around them as well as ensuring they all had a great time and remained oblivious to any tensions. He's a brilliant big brother always and there are numerous instances where he will put himself out for his younger disabled siblings.

Please
or

Headfullofdreams · 26/09/2018 14:23

Despite their bickering, I know my 3 love each other and look out for each other at times of need. We lost DS3 once and DS1 was beside himself with worry (as was I). It's instinctive, I think.

Please
or

JC4PMPLZ · 26/09/2018 16:20

My always arguing DC really surprised me one day. DD and DS were eating ice creams in the heat. The usual banter and teasing had been happening all day, with DS usually provoking it and being a bit obnoxious. Suddenly DD's ice cream slithers off its stick onto the ground. DS looks at her, at me and then bursts into tears. Poor DD, oh no, he whines and then proceeds to donate his own still intact ice cream to DD. I couldn't believe it. He just said he felt so very very sorry for her.

Please
or

ThatUsernameIsTaken · 26/09/2018 16:23

Dd1 and dd2 were sleeping in the same bed one night when dd2 sneezed and a lot of bogeys came out. I heard from the other room as I was putting dd3 to sleep but couldn't get up as if I did she would have woken right up and it would have been back to square one. As soon as I had finished, I went into the other room to find dd2 asleep and dd1 was waiting for me to help her change her top because she used her sleeve to wipe up her little sisters nose. I could have cried with pride

Please
or

CantankerousCamel · 26/09/2018 16:24

Gosh it’s hard to give just one account.

He was 2 when his little brother was born and by 4 he was helping him find his favourite programmes on the tv, getting his breakfast in the morning and helping clear away. Now his sister is born he’s even better, makes sure she isn’t in too much trouble, knows all the pieces that go wirh he (real) nappies and makes sure she is warm and contented

‘You stay downstairs tonight mama, I’ll make sure the baby is keeping happy’

He is so so sweet. Obviously we are right there but he wants to help so much. It’s a Delight

Please
or

ShowerGel9 · 26/09/2018 16:36

My DS aged 7 let the paramedics in when his youngwriting disabled brother was having a seizure and he completely stopped breathing after the seizure so I had to do CPR. He then accompanied me in the ambulance to the hospital holding my hand telling me it will "be ok" and stroking his brothers face.

Please
or

ShowerGel9 · 26/09/2018 16:51

Also my son is an amazing sibling because he supports his little brother with physio exercises (his brother is 4 and can not walk) he encourages him to use his ealing frame and plays with him all the time with the intention of enriching his brothere vocabulary (non verbal)

We don't ask DS to follow any of this at it isn't his job. He just generally wants to help and support his little brother.

Please
or

ShowerGel9 · 26/09/2018 16:53

*walking frame

Please
or

ShowerGel9 · 26/09/2018 16:55

LOTS OF TYPOS! But you get the picture...DS aged 7 is making me proud with his little brother and his unconditonal support and empathy towards his diaabilities

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.