Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

bebecar stylo class el

gingerbreadmam · 26/04/2015 19:11

hi

just after some advice. im currently 15wks with my pfb. been looking at prams and although i like a few this one is my favourite.

was just wondering if anyone has one and what are the pros and cons?

i really want a classic style pram which is why this one appeals to me the only thing im worried about is getting it in and out of car and what the wheels are like?

i have seen a demo and it does fold down more compact than i expected but if anyone has experience with it it would be very welcome. thanks.

OP's posts:
Please
or

myusernameisusername · 26/04/2015 19:16

DH has his heart set on this one too im scared of how bulky and big it looks though i don't think id get it on the bus Sad they have some gorgeous colours though we love the flowery one

Please
or

gingerbreadmam · 26/04/2015 19:22

i love the silver shimmer.

have you seen it in real life? i went and saw it in my local pram shop, was in black and white so not very nice colours really and had the swivel wheel chasis on it, think it might have been the ip-op version.

looks very good quality though. the person doing the demo told me it was manufactured in portugal and is very good quality because of that.

look perfect for baby sleeping in throughout the day too, i was thinking i'd need a moses basket but i dont think i would with this.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Artandco · 26/04/2015 20:17

What do you need a pram for? Will you just be walking with it or will it need to go in a car or on bus. What about in small cafes or planes?

Please
or

gingerbreadmam · 26/04/2015 20:43

for me it will need to go in my car (which does have a generous boot) and then push around the small town i live in, walking distance to most places.

i dont tend to spend much time in cafes but wil be in and out of shops and stuff.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Artandco · 26/04/2015 20:56

Honestly, if it needs to go in the car at all I say don't get it. It will be come such a pain taking it apart into two pieces and reassembling all the time. That in the end you will give up and buy something else.

So I would buy that something now. You basically want the pram to fold in one piece without having to take it apart to fold.

Please
or

gingerbreadmam · 26/04/2015 20:59

i didnt even realise you could get a pram where you didnt have to take the pram bit of before folding.

i am hoping whilst on maternity leave i wont need to use it with the car too often and it has the car seat that attaches so when i did i would initially use that but i guess i wont really know until the time comes. october baby so of weathers bad i expect ill rely on car more than i would like to think right now.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Artandco · 26/04/2015 21:01

You shouldn't use the car seat on the frame really. That's only for a few mins dash from car to doctors for example as not good for babies breathing to be in that position longer than a car trip. So really you can look at a pram that doesn't have that function

What is your budget?

Please
or

Artandco · 26/04/2015 21:05

What do you think of the style like the bugaboo bee and I candy raspberry? Small folds, face both ways, flat for newborn with warm coccoons, then good through to toddlerhood

Please
or

gingerbreadmam · 26/04/2015 21:06

well we have been given 500 as a gift, for the bebcar we would have to put a significant amount towards that ourselves so anything withing the 500 budget would really be better.

yeah the guy in the pram shop said no longer than 2 hours in the car seat. i was thinking like for food shopping or something so no longer than an hour althought tbh my preference is for baby to be laid down.

OP's posts:
Please
or

gingerbreadmam · 26/04/2015 21:07

sorry about the spelling mistakes.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Artandco · 26/04/2015 21:22

HAve a look at:

Silver Cross Freeway Country Club Pram, Black. It's £560 in John Lewis and looks like a slightly more convient version of what your looking for as folds in one, slightly more compact, yet still traditional looking. It's certified for overnight sleeping also which is unusual

Please
or

gingerbreadmam · 26/04/2015 21:28

that was actually one of the very first prams i looked at. is it the black one with the tan trim?

it may well be a better option i will take another look.

the bebecar is so nice to look at but a lot of money and chances are i would get sick / bored of it. thank you Thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

myusernameisusername · 26/04/2015 22:27

you could buy a bebecar 2nd hand on ebay at a low price for the first few months then sell it on and use something more practical like the bugaboo bee3 ? ive heard of people doing it that way so they get to use their dream pram whike baby is still tiny

Please
or

gingerbreadmam · 27/04/2015 06:40

ive looked at second hand and the price difference is amazing but my dm tells me a horror story about a 2nd hand pram they bought when i was born and i just dont know if its worth the risk. its definitely something ive thought about though.

OP's posts:
Please
or

myusernameisusername · 27/04/2015 09:45

lots of people buy 2nd id rather buy new but that's just me Smile

Please
or

gingerbreadmam · 27/04/2015 10:36

i think i either need to bite the bullet and make an expensive mistake or look at other smaller cheaper prams and hope i dont always wish i had risked the expensive mistake Grin

OP's posts:
Please
or

Artandco · 27/04/2015 10:41

If you do decide to go big classic, then also look at this company

www.emmaljunga.com/english/Classic_Stroller-318.html

Please
or

youmakemydreams · 27/04/2015 10:51

I had a bebecar stylo 9 years ago for ds. I loved it but I walked everywhere. It wasn't the taking it apart to put in the car that was a problem but it is bulkier than you think and heavy.
I can honestly say that if you are going to be taking it in and out the boot of a car a the time it possibly isn't the pram for you. If you walk loads it is excellent.
I had a bugaboo Cameleon for ds2 four years later. Did an even mix this time of walking and driving and it was much lighter still had to take the carrycot or seat off but is much lighter and was made to fit together nicely when folded so much less bulky.
One other plus point of the bebecar and one of the reasons I got it was it had a mattress suitable for overnight sleeping so never had a Moses basket for ds1 he just slept in the carrycot and meant I could put a hat and blankets in him and just wheel him in and out as I needed so ds could get to nursery and things.

Please
or

gingerbreadmam · 27/04/2015 12:23

i love the emeljungas even more than the bebecar tbh but theyre too far over budget. i would love one though.

thanks for that, thats as i suspected tbh. i think i might be kidding myself thinking it wont bother me. i do intend to walk lots but october baby might mean i scrap that idea when the weathers bad. also dont know where we will be living right now and if it was a long way from local supermarkets / high street i could soon get bored of walking.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Artandco · 27/04/2015 13:16

The emmaljungas can be cheaper - around the £500 mark. But like you say, how practical will they actually be

Also do look at decent sling. Something like the boba 4g. When it rains it's usually far easier to nip around with them in a sling as then you are hands free to hold a large umbrella over you both!

Please
or

gingerbreadmam · 27/04/2015 14:39

sounds silly but i dont feel confident with a sling. im not particularly clumsy but i do worry i would do something that would cause injury to the baby.

ive also had several car accidents which results in back ache occasionally and fear it would bring that on.

they do seem a great idea just mot for me unfortunately.

ill have another look at emeljungas i didnt realise could get them cheaper.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Artandco · 27/04/2015 14:59

Thats understandable. I would look at the extended rear facing car seats in your case also then. They stay in car so no heavy lifting on your back, and obviously much safer for child in accident.

The Cybex sirona is good, from newborn to 4 years approx. it twists to face you so you can strap in easy without twisting, then you twist back.

All extending rear facing car seats seem expensive, but bare in mind you then only need to buy one to last 4 years until in high back booster with regular seatbelt so you aren't buying each stage

Please
or

gingerbreadmam · 27/04/2015 15:33

thanks for all your advise art its so confusing being a first timer knowing what you need and where you can save money.

OP's posts:
Please
or

myusernameisusername · 27/04/2015 17:12

snap my biggest fear of using a sling too that ill trip not catch myself and crush my baby Sad it's a terrifying fear

Please
or

gingerbreadmam · 27/04/2015 17:16

thats exactly my fears too Blush

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.